BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Sold ??

On top of which I would expect the reason for the reduced ST price there is the fact that we're reducing prices across most of the ground, and the Riverside has the crappest seats in the place, offering a view obscured by iron girders.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On top of which I would expect the reason for the reduced ST price there is the fact that we're reducing prices across most of the ground, and the Riverside has the crappest seats in the place, offering a view obscured by iron girders.

i have never had a bad seat in the riverside. you must never have sat in there or don't go

i have never had a bad seat in the riverside. you must never have sat in there or don't go

Alternatively, I sat there for about three or four seasons. Nice try though. Girders. Obscure view. Are you pretending they're not there?

The Riverside isn't up to supporting TV cameras. The cost of strengthening it wouldn't be far short of building an entirely new stand. Assuming the Rovers board take leave of their senses and chuck all the money at it, the cameras will be facing acres of empty seats in the JW.

Not the best plan ever.

Thats an absolutely ridiculous statement! What evidence have you to substantiate that?

Anyway most of the Riversiders should really be re-located to those acres of empty seats on the JW lower and outers. No overall difference in revenue for the Rovers but better facilities and views to be enjoyed by those who are probably the most loyal and long standing fans.

Anyway most of the Riversiders should really be re-located to those acres of empty seats on the JW lower and outers. No overall difference in revenue for the Rovers but better facilities and views to be enjoyed by those who are probably the most loyal and long standing fans.

And make the Riverside the away end presumably ? It'd be interesting to see how the Riversiders would react to that . It'd also enable the Rovers to charge the away fans differently to the home fans .

And make the Riverside the away end presumably ? It'd be interesting to see how the Riversiders would react to that . It'd also enable the Rovers to charge the away fans differently to the home fans .

It doesn't matter where away fans sit we can charge them what we like, take fulham as an example

The Riverside isn't up to supporting TV cameras. The cost of strengthening it wouldn't be far short of building an entirely new stand. Assuming the Rovers board take leave of their senses and chuck all the money at it, the cameras will be facing acres of empty seats in the JW.

Not the best plan ever.

It has been hinted at at the fans forum, that the cost of relocating the cameras would probably be in the 750k -1m bracket which bears no resemblance to the cost of building a new stand.

However that isn't the end of it. The main problem is that ideally for Sky purposes all the cameras and media facilities need to be in the stand containing the two dressing rooms and by the dug outs etc.

It doesn't matter where away fans sit we can charge them what we like, take fulham as an example

No we can't. We have to charge them the same as a "comparable" seat in the home areas.

It would be interesting to see if we could charge more, for a crapper seat though!

Cant say we dont have plenty of coin this summer though can we StuWilky?...progress on ALL fronts.

We can say that, and no doubt we will.

We are still losing money hand over fist, and the new TV deal applies to all top flight clubs so all our peers are equipped with the same amount of coinage.

The reason the Riverside ST price has been reduced so much isapparently to fill it for the TV camera's...... Been easier and more sensible to relocate them imo.

I believe one of the reasons they haven't already done this is due to the fact that (depending on the time of game) the sun sits above the Jack Walker stand and would shine directly into any TV cameras on the Riverside. Illustrated perfectly by last weekends fixture - I was freezing my nuts off sitting in the Jack Walker while the Riverside was baked in sunshine.

Let the club build a new stand full stop and complete the long overdue final stage of Ewood.

IF they do build a new stand it's going to have more seat's than the current stand and if we can't fill that what's the point, i'm sure they would've built the new stand if we were doing better in the league and the gates were higher.

The stadium does need the riverside doing but theres no point with attendances as they are. If the team improves and becomes a stable top 6 or 7 club then maybe we will get the fanbase boost we need to make it worthwhile. Unless they want to follow the plas to build in some kind of other revenue streams(hotel,etc)

It has been hinted at at the fans forum, that the cost of relocating the cameras would probably be in the 750k -1m bracket which bears no resemblance to the cost of building a new stand.

However that isn't the end of it. The main problem is that ideally for Sky purposes all the cameras and media facilities need to be in the stand containing the two dressing rooms and by the dug outs etc.

Plus, though I can't remember JW's exact words, the Jack Walker stand is hard-wired for TV meaning it's just a question of plugging I presume.

Hardly insurmountable probs nowadays I would imagine Paul. In this day and age marketing the club worldwide is most important. Compare the situation where the ground is regularly portrayed to the entire world as a 'scrattin shed with the fans being shown trudging off in droves every week as opposed to a spectacular well-finished modern stadium that it is to all intents and purposes apparently full every week. Any billionaire Yank willing to chuck good money after bad is hardly going to be impressed is he?

Furthermore it doesn't really make sense imo to have rows of empty seats in the JW whilst the thousands of 2nd class citizens with increasing inferiority complexes cultivated over many years on the Riverside have to gawp across whilst simultaineously tugging their forelocks and wringing their caps at the hoi polloi. I'm sure that you realise the importance and value of presentation and perception for any marketable product.

quite right i sit there every week and think they are good seats

Perhaps you're just not used to the concept of a seat whereby your view isn't obstructed by an iron girder then. Of course, you might be sat in front of the girders, in which case you're fine. Unless it rains. But when I was sat there for several seasons, I always had the girder in the way. I'm not saying the seats are crap per se, but they are almost without a doubt the worst in the ground.

IF they do build a new stand it's going to have more seat's than the current stand and if we can't fill that what's the point, i'm sure they would've built the new stand if we were doing better in the league and the gates were higher.

Get the bloody thing flattened once and for all and build something modern with good facilities for the loyal fans who sit there.Wigans 6,000 seater east stand would look great at Ewood and would only cost about 2.5 million.......a Kuqi or so.

Another example of what is possible at minimum cost(just replace those horrible claret seats of course!)

Why the hell anyone would not be in favour of finishing Ewood off is beyond me.

There will always be the argument that the money will be better spent on players, but the riverside will have to be rebuilt sometime. Might as well be now. Having said that, if the club is available for sale, then it wont get done until that happens. Maybe the club can insert a "new stand" clause in the sale contract.

There will always be the argument that the money will be better spent on players, but the riverside will have to be rebuilt sometime. Might as well be now. Having said that, if the club is available for sale, then it wont get done until that happens. Maybe the club can insert a "new stand" clause in the sale contract.

If by 'some time', you mean when it becomes unsafe, then yes it will. Otherwise, it won't. In fact, based on present attendances, even if it became unsafe we would be better off just not using it anymore.

If by 'some time', you mean when it becomes unsafe, then yes it will. Otherwise, it won't. In fact, based on present attendances, even if it became unsafe we would be better off just not using it anymore.

What a strange position to take up.

You would be happy to see the stand around until it fell down? If not, then when would you say the time to rebuild it was?

Archived