BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Sold ??

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come to the Tameside Stadium in Ashton under Lyme n Thursday Rev - North West Counties Cup Final. FC United v Curzon Ashton. Damn good product, cheap as chips (£7) signing, dancing, standing, more noise than I'll hear at Ewood ever again.

then tell me the "product" is superior. Football isnt just about the on the pitch experience. May this is why Ive started enjoying non league football much more than Premiership this last season.

Bloody hell stu FC ferkin' United - the club for "real" Man Ure fans? - get a grip man you'll be coming to Ewood in a Cantona T shirt and mumbling something about seagulls following trawlers next.

:rolleyes:

Seriously though I can see where you're coming from but it wouldn't be for me personally. I support Rovers or no-one and I have no particular interest in attending a live game if Rovers aren't one of the two participants.

Just about the only thing which would get me to a neutral game is probably a freebie in a corporate box - the exact antithesis of what you're on about.

Im working at their cup final on Thursday night at Ashton, estimated crowd of 3500 for a match at Step 5, midweek.....

Could that possibly be because they're the offshoot of the club with the largest fan base in the world? The one the 'real' fans formed? Hmm.

To hell with FC United, and Man United FC.

For the record Ive been co co-ordinating the event, not supporting either team. It was in response to comments about how crap non league football is. When the opposite is much closer to the truth.

Fair comment, you get good and bad games at every level.

On the odd occasion I've tuned into a Championship game this season I've been struck by how surprisingly entertaining it is, the main plus being the honest attitude of the players with relatively little of the simulation and feigning injury so prevalent in the prem.

Could that possibly be because they're the offshoot of the club with the largest fan base in the world? The one the 'real' fans formed? Hmm.

To hell with FC United, and Man United FC.

Sadly whilst I may or may not concur, it isnt really relevant to the point.

See paragraph one above.

I have nothing against them, for me they have made a stand against what they felt strongly about. As it is now they have a club that is run by the fans for the fans. I've been invited along a few times but like you I have no interest in seeing teams other than Rovers in the flesh. However I certainly have nothing against them.

My point was about the experience of non league.... no whether a particular team were worth following or otherwise.

Whether they were worth following or not was a side point...my main point was more that it doesn't tell you about non league football, as they're perhaps the only team in the non league (maybe a few in the conference, I dunno) that have crowds anywhere near that size. Since you seemed to me making a point of how good the crowd was.

Whether they were worth following or not was a side point...my main point was more that it doesn't tell you about non league football, as they're perhaps the only team in the non league (maybe a few in the conference, I dunno) that have crowds anywhere near that size. Since you seemed to me making a point of how good the crowd was.

It was as an aside....

...My main non league habit is Bamber Bridge.

Ps - Telford got nearly 6000 on Saturday. ;)

Come to the Tameside Stadium in Ashton under Lyme n Thursday Rev - North West Counties Cup Final. FC United v Curzon Ashton. Damn good product, cheap as chips (£7) signing, dancing, standing, more noise than I'll hear at Ewood ever again.

then tell me the "product" is superior. Football isnt just about the on the pitch experience. May this is why Ive started enjoying non league football much more than Premiership this last season.

I understand your point but £7 for a non-league game is not cheap in my book! Or maybe I'm just a tight-@rse <_<

I understand your point but £7 for a non-league game is not cheap in my book! Or maybe I'm just a tight-@rse <_<

Its £8/9 to get in at Chorley iirc, unless my mums work gets "VIP" tickets, and the football at Chorley leaves a lot to be desired!

Its £8/9 to get in at Chorley iirc, unless my mums work gets "VIP" tickets, and the football at Chorley leaves a lot to be desired!

I think it was £6 when I went at Easter weekend for the derby.

We gave the keeper some grief that day!

It was as an aside....

...My main non league habit is Bamber Bridge.

Ps - Telford got nearly 6000 on Saturday. ;)

6,000?!? Telford?!? Wow, until I read that, I wasn't embarassed about our attendances, but now I dunno! Even if it does have a slightly bigger population than Blackburn... Was it a special game or something?

On the odd occasion I've tuned into a Championship game this season I've been struck by how surprisingly entertaining it is, the main plus being the honest attitude of the players with relatively little of the simulation and feigning injury so prevalent in the prem.

Best TV footy of the year by miles are usually the play offs. This years play off prize will be one of the richest prizes in sport and will prob be worth more than any other single match in the world!

Incidentally, all the indications are that the distribution of money by the EPL to EPL clubs will be more equally divided when the clubs make the decision. That could well make a mid-market EPL club like Rovers which has a squad and set up which looks at present to be comfortably distant from relegation to be a good prospect to buy into.

Maybe . But all that is dependant on getting the gates up . Unless we turn around the slump in crowds , attracting and keeping players and mangers will be at the forefont of our problems in years to come . One bad season and we're history .

I can well see the day when we have to "invest" even more of the incoming money in subsidising tickets to an even greater extent . I hope any prospectors realise that it's a lot more than looking at figures in our case .

But I'm sure Uncle Jack made detailed , binding and baked in clauses for the trust fund people and JW to deal with all this :unsure:

Maybe . But all that is dependant on getting the gates up . Unless we turn around the slump in crowds , attracting and keeping players and mangers will be at the forefont of our problems in years to come . One bad season and we're history .

I can well see the day when we have to "invest" even more of the incoming money in subsidising tickets to an even greater extent . I hope any prospectors realise that it's a lot more than looking at figures in our case .

But I'm sure Uncle Jack made detailed , binding and baked in clauses for the trust fund people and JW to deal with all this :unsure:

I've got the solution to this problem. Instead of Rovers constantly reducing prices for totally disinterested Blackburn people who dont turn out even then, they should invest in around 20,000 cardboard cut-outs of footie fans going berserk and place one of these on every unsold seat for each home match. They also need a good selection of "very large crowd noise" recordings to play over the PA system and Bob's your uncle. Cracked it! TV audiences will think Rovers are the best supported small town club in the world.

I've got the solution to this problem. Instead of Rovers constantly reducing prices for totally disinterested Blackburn people who dont turn out even then, they should invest in around 20,000 cardboard cut-outs of footie fans going berserk and place one of these on every unsold seat for each home match.

The reason the Riverside ST price has been reduced so much isapparently to fill it for the TV camera's...... Been easier and more sensible to relocate them imo.

I've got the solution to this problem. Instead of Rovers constantly reducing prices for totally disinterested Blackburn people who dont turn out even then, they should invest in around 20,000 cardboard cut-outs of footie fans going berserk and place one of these on every unsold seat for each home match.

I think blow-up dolls would work better.

I think blow-up dolls would work better.

Good thinking.

You could inflate and deflate them at the relevant times. If not the stewards would have a hell of a time trying to convince them to sit down.

The reason the Riverside ST price has been reduced so much isapparently to fill it for the TV camera's...... Been easier and more sensible to relocate them imo.

The Riverside isn't up to supporting TV cameras. The cost of strengthening it wouldn't be far short of building an entirely new stand. Assuming the Rovers board take leave of their senses and chuck all the money at it, the cameras will be facing acres of empty seats in the JW.

Not the best plan ever.

Archived