BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Sold ??

Now I may end up with an ostrich sized egg on my face but I have a source very close to the club who's informed me that Rovers are to be sold and details / arrangements will be announced in the next couple of days. :angry: This isn't a wind up from me and I'm sure it isn't from my source.

Trying to find further details....

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

I also heard the same.

We have sold to American businessman Kyle Foster, he is self made billionaire in the sugar kane business. He has bought the club and all will be confirmed at a press conference at 1pm on Monday.

BTW I am only joking!!!

I will though ask a few people and see if there is anything in this.

I wouldn't see it neccessarily as a bad thing

Depends whose bought it though doesn't it? Anyone for Sports World International? :huh:

At the moment it could be absolutely anybody (or nobody of course). We all dream of that extra investment but to be honest I can't say I'm overly happy with the news. It's the fear of change / the unknown and all that.

Is it in any of today's papers and please if you don't mind me asking, how close to the club is this source of yours?

If this is true i don't know what to make of it right now, i'm kinda in shock that i logged in to see "Rovers Sold", nearly spat my breakfast all over my laptop.

I second what Bobster is saying but Tooting is normally a reliable guy when it comes to things like this iirc, he isn't one of these folk who log onto the board, post a load of tripe and not be able to back it up.

This could only be good if the club went into the ownership of another Rovers fan, but tbh that isn't going to happen so i'm hoping if its true and its a big IF, that whoever purchases is purchasing to move the club forward and not as a way of making a quick buck and then leaving us when the bubble bursts.

Just like everyone else I am very apprehensive about this (assuming it is true). I really fear the possible loss of the unique "family club" atmosphere about the place, and also the possible/probable loss of JW at the helm, and who knows even MH and co. All these fears; but at the moment they are unfounded, so let's wait and see.

On the flip side:

1. It may not happen!

2. If it does it should not result in Rovers going down the tubes because nobody is going to purchase the club with the intention to lose money. So any new owner is going to make sure that Rovers value goes up, not down. And the only way to do that is to invest in making the club successful on the field, and to do that they are going to have put some real money in before they can reap the benefits. Assuming they do that and Rovers become again a top 4 club, they may then look to pull out, but will only want to sell at a profit, so the Rovers will continue to benefit from any further change of ownership.

There I have cheered myself up already! But still can't shake off the feeling that losing the Uncle Jack connection is always going to be very sad, however it turns out on the pitch. And losing JW or MH is unthinkable!

Barring the intervention of Utd then I would see outside investment in the club as one possible sure fire way of keeping hold of Hughes,I also agree that losing JW would be a very bad move indeed as he seems to be a chairman in-touch with the fans... a rarity indeed!

Nothing more than speculation of course ;)

The long term future of the club worries me quite simply because of the trouble filling the ground and the consequent trouble of attracting and keeping players ..

I trust that any future owner has taken a long hard look at the demographics of the area and has drawn the only logical conclusion that should things remain as they are (with regard to the Asians lack of interest in the club and their increasing dominance in all areas of the town - including Ewood itself ; Mill Hill will follow ) then revenue from tickets will become largely irrelevant in years to come as they must remain at a very low level to attract the traditional fans from outside.

I can only forsee a new owner looking to make good in the short term - and not the long term because that is decidedly shaky with or without new owners !! At least , at present , we have owners bound by Walker's legacy and memory to a great extent . Take that away........

For the life of me I can't see how anyone could invest in the club , make money , and still have our long term interest at heart. Without the most rigid of clauses any new money would probably acccelerate our fall IMO.

The long term future of the club worries me quite simply because of the trouble filling the ground and the consequent trouble of attracting and keeping players ..

I can only forsee a new owner looking to make good in the short term - and not the long term because that is decidedly shaky with or without new owners !! At least , at present , we have owners bound by Walker's legacy and memory to a great extent . Take that away........

For the life of me I can't see how anyone could invest in the club , make money , and still have our long term interest at heart. Without the most rigid of clauses any new money would probably acccelerate our fall IMO.

As an increasing number of clubs are bought by foreign investors, whose principle motivation is presumably to make themselves more money, I continue to be proud that our most recent benefactor was from the town. And I fear why any outside investor would want to get involved and yet have the best interests etc of the club and supporters in the long term.

Archived