BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Sold ??

To replace the current regime would take a hell of a lot of money in my book. They've taken this club from strength to strength over the past 5-10yrs and the latest initiative with subsides season ticket prices is just another example of their commitment to the supporters. I doubt any new investers would have the same compassion, unless they're Rovers fans that is, which is doubtful.

For me even if someone comes along with a big cash injection you'll not get the lost fans back because they've gone, do we need to play Russian roulette in the current climate? We’re doing very well on our own thank you very much.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we have got a good investor if we have been sold. I am not against us being sold if it's to someone who cares and isn't just out to have a flutter on a premiership team. Until this is confirmed i have no further comment on this matter :rover:

Now I may end up with an ostrich sized egg on my face but I have a source very close to the club who's informed me that Rovers are to be sold and details / arrangements will be announced in the next couple of days. :angry: This isn't a wind up from me and I'm sure it isn't from my source.

Trying to find further details....

Crikey, just seen this!

I don't want to comment too much on this unless it turns out to be true but may I just buck the general mood of pessimism and state that imo this is excellent news IF (and it's a big if) the prospective purchaser has deep enough pockets.

And IF that were to prove the case I reckon it might prolong Sparky's tenure at Ewood substantially.

Could it be this chap? City slicker

Good call. St Helen's so reasonably close. His forward thinking style seems to mirror that of Hughes, as does his affection for Pro Zone...

If we were to be sold he does seem like exactly the sort of guy who would be good. Progressive, media savvy, well connected, a former player, and very ambitious without being daft. Limited infomation though. And of course we might not be sold.

Mentioned this news to someone close to the club and he has said the last two home games an ex director from the 80s a mr Hubert remember him,who is now based in London has been in the Walker suite with an unknown yank, not sure if there is a link watch this space...................

Crikey, just seen this!

I don't want to comment too much on this unless it turns out to be true but may I just buck the general mood of pessimism and state that imo this is excellent news IF (and it's a big if) the prospective purchaser has deep enough pockets.

And IF that were to prove the case I reckon it might prolong Sparky's tenure at Ewood substantially.

I trust your fine relationship with JW isn't blinkering your opinion?

Without wishing to knock our own support and in particular those who take time to contribute to this site......who in theri right mind would invest millions (becuase that's what it would take) in a club which has a limited fan base/potential fan base.....doesn't make a great deal os sense to me.

Unless ofcourse he/she is an imposter from Burnley who simply wants to 'take us out' forever in order to prevent any future Dingle ridicule should we ever get to play one another again.

24 hours on and no further information I'm afraid. I can reveal that my source is a Rovers supporter with links to the press. I discussed this last night with her; sadly it is all hearsay at the moment but centres on a member of the board who told someone that the club will be sold on the next few days. For now we will just have to wait and see.

24 hours on and no further information I'm afraid. I can reveal that my source is a Rovers supporter with links to the press. I discussed this last night with her; sadly it is all hearsay at the moment but centres on a member of the board who told someone that the club will be sold on the next few days. For now we will just have to wait and see.

Hearsay, mysterious Yanks, someone told someone? Come on Tooting surely thats not enough to start a Rovers Sold topic.

Is it?

Would he be big enough for us is the question to be asked,I doubt he is in the same financial bracket as the Walkers never mind some of these American billionaires!

The walkers are still amongst the 100 richest people in the Uk with equity alone worth over 700mill, never mind how much they would be worth if they sold all their companies etc. Anyone with less cash is obviousley a step down.

BTW we still have the second richest owners in the prem ( not counting kroenke who only owns 8% of the arsenal)

How do we have the second richest owners? Have we forgotten about Roman, Malcolm Glazer and possibly the Liverpool duo? Id say thats at least 3 ahead of us in that department.

Think you will find that the walkers have quite abit more equity than glazer there fortune is worth $1.4 billion when translated into US, as for the two liverpool guys they havent officialy taken over yet ? plus i can say ow much they are worth for sure

Just checked the glazer family are worth $1.9 so my mistake, however £500 mill of that is money is debt to finance the MANURe deal, so as a said i would put my money on the walkers having more hard cash than glazer

I guess that means we have the tightest owners too, No disrespect. I know they've served us well. Just if wanted they could have helped alot more, do any of these walker companies sponser us? why couldn't Jacks brother share his love of Rovers, if he did, we be Englands number one

Why would anyone want to invest in a football club ffs? Much less the Yanks, they are the most inward looking citizens of any major country on the surface of the planet yet appear queuing up to invest / waste bundles of greenbacks in an alien sport in a foreign country! Football provides numerous examples of the worst run businesses known to man. Every one of em nearly always lose money with the possible exception of Man Utd.

Baffling.... except that I suspect that it will all ultimately end in tears........ and it wont be 'alligator' ones from across the pond.

Asian dominance of Ewood?....as a resident of Ewood do you care to explain :blink:

Simply look at areas of the town and think back 20 years . Then look at Ewood and Mill Hill and think forward 20 years . I know people don't like talking about this kind of thing but any investor would be stupid to risk money on a club who will be increasingly reliant on support fom outside the town in years to come ....

Unless , of course , that investor is thinking short term and couldn't give a monkeys what happens in 20 or 30 years time .

Archived