BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Sold ??

How do we have the second richest owners? Have we forgotten about Roman, Malcolm Glazer and possibly the Liverpool duo?

Lerner at villa, my mate is always going on about how he is just behind roman in the money stakes. Also quite a few ahead of us if you count all the owners, birmingham i'd guess as well, sullivan, 2 golds & a brady.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simply look at areas of the town and think back 20 years . Then look at Ewood and Mill Hill and think forward 20 years . I know people don't like talking about this kind of thing but any investor would be stupid to risk money on a club who will be increasingly reliant on support fom outside the town in years to come ....

Unless , of course , that investor is thinking short term and couldn't give a monkeys what happens in 20 or 30 years time .

An investor could fancy his chances of getting the Asain population involved. THere is growing interest in football in India and Pakistan and also in Asian Brits. It's a big developing market.

All hypothetical but the football club could be something to help unite the town, and also have the big advantage in raising more revenue for the club.

All the evidence we hear points to the fact that the Walker Trust supports the club to the tune of several million pounds a year. Why would a foreign investor with no links to the Rovers want to take on this burden?

We have it so good as Rovers fans it is untrue...the only person I would prefer to see in charge rather than the Jack Walker Trust is Jack himself!

An investor could fancy his chances of getting the Asain population involved. THere is growing interest in football in India and Pakistan and also in Asian Brits. It's a big developing market.

All hypothetical but the football club could be something to help unite the town, and also have the big advantage in raising more revenue for the club.

I think that would only happen if the new owner was of Aisian origin. Unlikely.

I think that would only happen if the new owner was of Aisian origin. Unlikely.

Lakshmi Mittal'd be OK! :rolleyes: His fortune keeps Abromovitch in second place of the UK Rich List.... and there's a steel connection too. Problem is he's a Hindu I think and they'd be burning effigies of him on the Range in no time.

Lakshmi Mittal'd be OK! :rolleyes: His fortune keeps Abromovitch in second place of the UK Rich List.... and there's a steel connection too. Problem is he's a Hindu I think and they'd be burning effigies of him on the Range in no time.

Bring it on.

A water cannon positioned on the Range would sort out the consequences :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who's noticing increasing numbers of Asian heritage families attending Rovers matches this season. The market is there but their supporting other teams is not a situation that developed overnight so there's not going to be an overnight solution.

Would I be right in thinking there are something like 30,000 Asian people in Blackburn? If so there is definately a market to be tapped into. Encouraging that more supporters of Asian heritage seem to be turning up at Ewood.

Liverpool have huge British Asian support for some reason so we need to attract some young 'uns who aren't yet entrenched in their support of The Mickey's.

Would I be right in thinking there are something like 30,000 Asian people in Blackburn? If so there is definately a market to be tapped into. Encouraging that more supporters of Asian heritage seem to be turning up at Ewood.

Liverpool have huge British Asian support for some reason so we need to attract some young 'uns who aren't yet entrenched in their support of The Mickey's.

Around 27k :brfc:

24 hours on and no further information I'm afraid. I can reveal that my source is a Rovers supporter with links to the press. I discussed this last night with her; sadly it is all hearsay at the moment but centres on a member of the board who told someone that the club will be sold on the next few days. For now we will just have to wait and see.

I am afraid that line pretty well puts the kibosh on the story so far as I an concerned. The club reduced the Board size 18 months ago and I would tend to the view that the current directors would not leak something like this.

I can reveal that my source is a Rovers supporter with links to the press.

I'm a Rovers fan and I've got Henry Winter's mobile number - that gives me a link to the press.

It's quite beyond me why people keep posting bullsh!t based on such rubbish.

I know alot of Asian Rovers supporters but i know MORE Asian Liverpool Supporters, i don't know why but you see quite alot of Asian at Anfield on Matchday and not many at Ewood?

Numbers are increasing. They will come, in time. Football is a great opportunity to encourage integration.

I know alot of Asian Rovers supporters but i know MORE Asian Liverpool Supporters, i don't know why but you see quite alot of Asian at Anfield on Matchday and not many at Ewood?

I think we are seeing more and more at Ewood Park tho. Where i sit in the BBE lower as a s/t holder, there is an Asian guy in the seat in front and the seat to the left of me. We seem to be expecting them to out number whites at the ground or something, they still only make up 20% of the population.

There's definitely an increasing number of Asian families coming to Ewood. I notice because as we approach the ground I have a good look to see if I know any of them as I teach in a predominantly Asian heritage school. Several of my kids are gradually coming round to the idea that it's better to be Rovers fan where you can get tickets and see your team regularly than a Man U or Liverpool fan where you might see them once a season. I even had one little lad go out today chanting Mark Hughes' Blue and White army as he passed my Rovers board at the front of my classroom (not that I'm trying to indoctrinate them or anything)

I think we are seeing more and more at Ewood Park tho. Where i sit in the BBE lower as a s/t holder, there is an Asian guy in the seat in front and the seat to the left of me. We seem to be expecting them to out number whites at the ground or something, they still only make up 20% of the population.

If we got a similar percentage at Ewood we'd be looking a whole lot better on attendance huh?

I'm a Rovers fan and I've got Henry Winter's mobile number - that gives me a link to the press.

It's quite beyond me why people keep posting bullsh!t based on such rubbish.

You do? any chance you can ring him and ask him to stop talking so much crap.

Thats my job ;)

I feel it is time for the truth. I have bought Blackburn Rovers Football Club. All this stuff about being in a crap job in Bridlington is nonsense. I am actually a Chinese billionaire educated in Britain, who has made my money in shipping and construction. I am worth about £1.7b, and have supported Rovers since live games on TV here in China in the late 1990's. Since my financial situation is booming thanks to China's rapid growth, I am able to invest many millions in new infrastructure and players. Hughes will keep his job, as he is a fantastic manager, but he will have a transfer fund of £30m next season, and £60m if we get into the Champions League.

So now you know.

I feel it is time for the truth. I have bought Blackburn Rovers Football Club. All this stuff about being in a crap job in Bridlington is nonsense. I am actually a Chinese billionaire educated in Britain, who has made my money in shipping and construction. I am worth about £1.7b, and have supported Rovers since live games on TV here in China in the late 1990's. Since my financial situation is booming thanks to China's rapid growth, I am able to invest many millions in new infrastructure and players. Hughes will keep his job, as he is a fantastic manager, but he will have a transfer fund of £30m next season, and £60m if we get into the Champions League.

So now you know.

Finally some truth comes out :rolleyes:

Archived