BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Sold ??

Good point. Should we see what it says about global warming in there as well?

Sorry nicko, not having a go at you, but the notion people seem to have that Jack's will is this all encompassing document covering every possible future eventuality, and making the club effectively unsaleable due to the level of restriction contained therein is plainly absurd.

There'd be no point in the Trustees putting the club up for sale otherwise.

One things for certain the club have stated that any new owners will have to

reach certain criteria before the club is handed over so they wont just be selling to

any tom dick or harry! I really dont think liverpool looked in to gillet and hicks enough!

Rovers are going to sell on their terms and their terms only!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a town like Blackburn I think this is a reasonable discussion, open the debate up a cosmopolitan city like Manchester and they were up in arms because the new owners were ......... American.

Liverpool are now in the similar situation, but the difference is they want to back their Spanish manager, against the US overlords.

Interesting to note that United didn't seem bothered when the Manc Yanks bought Hargreaves (£18m) Carrick (£18m) Vidic (£7m) Evra (£4m) and added Tevez etc to the squad etc. Winning the Premier League title in the first season did quieten the protests. The FC United breakaway hasn't really affected them either.

Its different for the Rovers because we haven't got waiting lists of fans wanting to step into stay aways shoes, but as mentioned if we could tap into 10% ofg the local asain community te full houses could see us REALLY challenge for places in Europe.

I'm open minded but accept there will be an awful lot of people in the town who don't see it that way. Would be interesting to see what would happen if there was success brought to the club through investments however.

Haven't read after this post, but there was a lot of backlash from some of the ones who are saying that we shouldn't care what race/religion they are COUGHPAULCOUGH when it was thought they were going to be American. Funny how Abbey is crucified by the same person who has said time and time again they are against Americans buying up Premiership clubs.

Haven't read after this post, but there was a lot of backlash from some of the ones who are saying that we shouldn't care what race/religion they are COUGHPAULCOUGH when it was thought they were going to be American. Funny how Abbey is crucified by the same person who has said time and time again they are against Americans buying up Premiership clubs.

I did notice all the anti Yank placards at Anfield for their last match. It's good to know our members wouldn't tolerate that down at Ewood.

Well yes it's day two and not one paper, including The Sun has anything about a Blackburn takeover.

So that means all your stupid race discussions were hypothetical, so alot of you have ended up looking like bigots or just generally idiots for no reason.

Did you ever think otherwise? Really??!

I can't believe the racist views espoused on here are allowed to go unmoderated!!! That said, much credit to the sensible majority, especially Hughesy, who have made rational, intelligent and tolerant comments.

For what it's worth, I was brought up in Blackburn and in my opinion the major divide isn't between white and asian, but between the educated and the ill-educated. Picking on people who are in someway different from yourself is just an easy outlet for feelings of self-loathing and disappointment about your own poor choices in life.

Rather than looking for a supposed negative in what could actually prove to be great news for the club and the fans, why not try doing something positive for yourself? Perhaps read some books, try to see something of the world and, most importantly, take time to form your OWN opinions (rather than repeating tired cliches culled from the right-wing gutter press). It might even make you feel a bit more fulfilled!

Patronising rant over!

Alternatively just move to an ivory tower in Leeds . <_<

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 25 2008, 20:29 ) 580799[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anybody fancy moderating ?

Ste Have you considered appointing a lot more mods and appointing 2/3 to do a few days shift approx once per month. Might take some pressure of the current ones who must spend hours on here.

btw I think Blue Phil has offered a couple of times......

.....and I know Don would just love the feeling of power again. :rolleyes:

btw 2 why do I get all those funny squiggles everytime I quote you?

Well yes it's day two and not one paper, including The Sun has anything about a Blackburn takeover.

So that means all your stupid race discussions were hypothetical, so alot of you have ended up looking like bigots or just generally idiots for no reason.

Did you ever think otherwise? Really??!

Yeah and I bet you've wasted hours reading through it all.

But we all have to put up with it Shillito cos one of the strongest principles upon which any true democracy is built is that freedom of speech is the basic right of all it's citizens.

Sorry, but you'll find in ANY democracy, restrictions on what can be said, treason, inciting violence and racism figure in most of them.

True... The trouble arises when the people running such websites don’t know what the law actually is ( and tend panic at the first sign of debate reagrding race etc). I have yet to see any post’s on this site that actually break any laws on race or religion. The poster who has probably come closest with remarks about Jews, gays and the British army has actually never been warned or censored to my knowledge. Unlike certain posters or individual posts that have been censored ,banned or warned. If it is legal for the likes of the BNP to stand for election , David Irving to speak openly at oxford university it is certainly not against any law for members of an internet site to state they do not want owners on the base of nationality/race or religion.

Again to re-iterate, I couldn’t give monkeys what race, colour or religion any proposed buyers of the club are. As long as they are genuine, have a plan and most importantly the resources to propel this club forward.

But not on this MB

That applies to me as well Aggy. Believe me, there are times when I could really have a go, but must think better of it. :o:D

Oh and Bazza, - shut up for gawds sake. We know how you feel about being moderated by the present regime. Give it a rest.

Yeah and I bet you've wasted hours reading through it all.

But we all have to put up with it Shillito cos one of the strongest principles upon which any true democracy is built is that freedom of speech is the basic right of all it's citizens.

Is this MB a democracy?

Archived