BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Sold ??

Sorry, Ste B.; just had to get that rant out of my system.

We desperately need investment if we're to keep pace with the rest of the Premiership; Hughes can't keep pulling bargain signings out of the bag indefinitely. And he won't be at Ewood forever either! I just hope that whoever invests has a genuine interest in Rovers continued success, rather than making a quick profit by selling off our prime assets.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe the racist views espoused on here are allowed to go unmoderated!!! That said, much credit to the sensible majority, especially Hughesy, who have made rational, intelligent and tolerant comments.

Patronising rant over!

seems people are allowed to be racist these days-if as if you say, racist views going un modearted, yet if someone is asking questions they missed from previous pages they get told not to... :rolleyes:

anyway on to the takeover-its obvious we need a takeover to go further, and to keep mark hughes here longer the club need to back him..so i say do it..

Also, don't you reckon the current board need to splash the cash before the window closes to demonstrate that we are a club with ambition and potential? Finish in the top four (or maybe six) and that's hopefully going to attract the attention of other investors. Speculate to accumulate!

seems people are allowed to be racist these days-if as if you say, racist views going un modearted, yet if someone is asking questions they missed from previous pages they get told not to... :rolleyes:

If by "missed" you mean "couldnt be arsed to spend a minute reading" then you might be closer to the mark.

As for ANY proposed takeover, my personal issue is that ANY investors into our club need to be thoroughly checked out for their interests ESPECIALLY if they are interested in property. HOWEVER any that check out by the "powers that be" will be welcomed with open arms.

Two points.

it is not the lateness that concerns any fan about a potential takeowver, it just shows that some things about the club ae being kept very very quiet.

If it is an Asian consortium fair play to them. One thing I have noticed is that we have recently had a slightly bigger presence of Asian supporters, especially in the JW Upper. If we get an Asain influence within the club then maybe they can bring a bigger influx of supporters which can only benefit our club.

I say wait and see if anything is announced from within the club and NOT rely on the Sun :!:

In a town like Blackburn I think this is a reasonable discussion, open the debate up a cosmopolitan city like Manchester and they were up in arms because the new owners were ......... American.

I think that's because American's have a reputation for running heartless franchise operations, plus the amount of debt that the Glazer's had to go in to in order to purchase the club.

The attitude expressed by some on here is just pure, unfiltered bigotry. It's interesting to note though that the two who have expressed the biggest concerns are also the two who consistently write illegible drivel, constructed in a way you'd expect a five year old to do so. Coincidence? Hardly likely...

Just a couple of minor observations on the Asian interest story.

1 - these people have been interested for around four months, so they are not coming in now...they have been in the frame for a while.

2 - I find it amazing that there is more concern about where they are from and their cultural background rather than what they want to do if they get the club.

It's pretty obvious that there are no born-and-bred Blackburn billionaires out there, so you will probably be bought one day by someone from 'outside.'

By all means ask what their intentions are - it is your club after all - but to bar potential bidders because you might not like the way they look is beyond stupid.

If it was my club I would be far more bothered about the size of their wallets and their football ideas.

Ken Bates once bought Partick Thistle. He was about as white as you get. As for my views on him...unprintable.

So The Sun is saying there are potential new owners in the wings, can't say I believe anything written in that rag.

Am I surprised that some ill-educated retards choose to infer that a large number of fans would stop coming to Ewood if we had Asian owners? Sadly racists are hard to eliminate and they need to be faced down. Personally I would be delighted if the minority who espouse this racist bigotry skulked off to a quiet corner and didn't pollute Ewood. I have found it necessary to challenge some of the morons who still shout racist comments at away games but thank God they are very, very few and far between. As to their projections I think they are living in a fantasy world populated by their own fevered imaginations.

I trust the Trust to pick the potential owners with a little more skill than some of the other changes of ownership. The sub-continent is a huge market for the Premiership and we also could do with breaking the barriers that still discourage asian Blackburners from coming to the game. It makes great commercial sense - but - the owners have to have the club at heart.

In the meantime I will wait for news to emerge from Ewood and not The Sun.

I've removed a number of posts from this thread, as its apparent the lines been crossed.

I appreciate some good points may have been removed, but to leave those online would take the subject out of context and allow the mudslinging / racism to continue.

It stops here, We've let too much go already that you wouldnt get away with on ANY other Rovers site.

Anybody fancy moderating ?

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 25 2008, 20:29 ) 580799[/snapback]
I've removed a number of posts from this thread, as its apparent the lines been crossed.

I appreciate some good points may have been removed, but to leave those online would take the subject out of context and allow the mudslinging / racism to continue.

It stops here, We've let too much go already that you wouldnt get away with on ANY other Rovers site.

Sorry no, but we do appreciate all the work you put in.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 25 2008, 20:29 ) 580799[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've removed a number of posts from this thread, as its apparent the lines been crossed.

Sorry no, but we do appreciate all the work you put in.

Was kind of tongue in cheek, hardly a thread to put a serious ad on really.

I would love to know what line I crossed, given that I was making a point against some of the drivel spouted on here and that Hughesy seconded me word for word, or is my post count just not high enough?

Edit: sorry that came across a bit more harsh than I meant it but as a member of 6 years who rarely posts unless moved it is a bit annoying to have had one of mine removed when there was nothing wrong with it...

As regards any potential takeover the indication given at the last Fans Forum two weeks ago was that there was absolutely nothing happening but the situation has always been that that could change at any minute the next day on the strength of one phone call etc.

I think any Rovers fan is quite within their rights to question the MOTIVES of any potential investor and also any spin off effects it might have on the club.

Personally I'm now of the view that any change of ownership can't happen quickly enough. When you're in the Premiership and are reduced to looking at players like Andy Faye, and a young Bulgarian kid for a nominal fee and then still have to ask if you can take them on loan and then still can't even decide if you can risk the outlay on that, you have terminal problems.

Even if there is something in this latest speculation though, find it difficult to believe the Sun's claim that new ownership is just days away. Would surely take several months with the possibility of something being in place in time for the summer transfer window.

I think any Rovers fan is quite within their rights to question the MOTIVES of any potential investor and also any spin off effects it might have on the club.

Yeah right, but not on here. Especially if you use the word ASIAN in your point.

I'm surprised it doesn't come up :- (Don't use that word again)

I would love to know what line I crossed, given that I was making a point against some of the drivel spouted on here and that Hughesy seconded me word for word, or is my post count just not high enough?

Edit: sorry that came across a bit more harsh than I meant it but as a member of 6 years who rarely posts unless moved it is a bit annoying to have had one of mine removed when there was nothing wrong with it...

See the point about - I appreciate a number of decent posts have been removed.

I admit that in doing this, that I've probably cut out more than I needed to, but I havent the time to edit a number of quotes from every post, and some of the arguments given in those posts could lead to bringing back the original content.

As for Revidges post - yes indeed we should speculate on any takeovers MOTIVES. As we did for the Ginger Princes effort. In the main, I've tried to leave those posts online.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 25 2008, 21:00 ) 580822[/snapback]
See the point about - I appreciate a number of decent posts have been removed.

I admit that in doing this, that I've probably cut out more than I needed to, but I havent the time to edit a number of quotes from every post, and some of the arguments given in those posts could lead to bringing back the original content.

As for Revidges post - yes indeed we should speculate on any takeovers MOTIVES. As we did for the Ginger Princes effort. In the main, I've tried to leave those posts online.

Far from being racist all my posts were criticising those who WERE being racist. Is that forbidden on here now?

I accept that in doing so I got rather more off the football theme than I ever intended. But even so, some of the racist stuff that was allowed was just too much for any decent human being to bear.

Just as a matter of interest Steb: would my posts have been taken off if I had pit them on the ICBINF thread?

Far from being racist all my posts were criticising those who WERE being racist. Is that forbidden on here now?

SteB has just said. If your post quoted stuff that he wanted to delete he's deleted your post as well rather than edit the quote.

Dont know if this question has been asked and answered but why do these people want to buy Rovers, if they can give, giving financially being the requisite to a positive answer where fun and pleasure are also strong motives then so be it, why not.

Says me, that's who! :)

I remember reading it, can't remember where, but it was a credible source.

Finally starting posting after reading these threads for the past year or so. I agree with Bryan; say a few posts on probably another thread which talked about all the conditions that a new buyer has to adhere to. Includes having sufficient cash for the purchase and being able to put in additional investment.

Even though I do care alot about Rovers, think the longer it goes on without a "caring invester" being found we are more likely to become a target for a group of american investors who "are looking to get a piece of the premiership action". Just look at Derby today. Feels every day that football is losing its soul to these investors...but if we got a very rich owner and started challenging the Top 4 again would I really care? Not sure...which really worries me about the way its all going and my attitiude to it.

Says me, that's who! :)

I remember reading it, can't remember where, but it was a credible source.

I haven't seen the will or the Trust document(s) just like no-body else on here has but I'd be surprised if that were the case.

That's not to say that the Trustees wouldn't PREFER to sell to people who don't have to borrow, or that they wouldn't use their discretion not to sell to anyone they really didn't think was right.

But I do wonder what it says in Jack Walker's will about some of the 'issues' this will bring up...

Good point. Should we see what it says about global warming in there as well?

Sorry nicko, not having a go at you, but the notion people seem to have that Jack's will is this all encompassing document covering every possible future eventuality, and making the club effectively unsaleable due to the level of restriction contained therein is plainly absurd.

There'd be no point in the Trustees putting the club up for sale otherwise.

Archived