BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Sold ??

Couple of Valium for Fife too please USA. ^_^

Oh come on Theno! He obviously get's up your nose as well, as we have all witnessed on several previous occasions. I have been keeping the lid on that particular frustration for several years, but unfortunately I reached the point where I could no longer tolerate his supercillious manner.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh come on Theno! He obviously get's up your nose as well, as we have all witnessed on several previous occasions. I have been keeping the lid on that particular frustration for several years, but unfortunately I reached the point where I could no longer tolerate his supercillious manner.

Philipl doesn't get up my nose. You, on the other hand...

Now now, phillip does pontificate and suffers from messageboard diarrhea in that he overposts but he does seem a decent chap.

I'd just like to know when he lasted attended a Rovers match - he never answers that one.

I'd just like to know when he lasted attended a Rovers match - he never answers that one.

That doesn't matter in the least. Since when has this been BRFCSforthosewhogotoewood.com?

There's a lot of frustration on here, but please keep it civil - at least.

Apparently Dan Williams is now co-owner (couldn't afford to buy them outright?) of the Rochester Rhinos and has promised to make them Blackburn Rovers' American partner club according to some guy from Rochester on the official board.

So having failed to buy Rovers (if indeed it was ever a serious bid) and having bought into some tinpot outfit, he is now trying to bask in the reflected glory of being "associated" with a Premiership Club.

Wish he'd just go away. And that's putting it politely.

:angry:

Children Children!

Please show some respect for your fellow postees!

DW was always a t**t of a chancer! Ugly as well.

As for ownership of the club, maybe we should concentrate our efforts (Vinjay-stylee) into persuading the trustees to release more funds for the manager!

£20m really is peanuts for the trust. Come on the trust - open your bloody wallet!

Apparently the deal is done, although the official announcement isn't going to be coming until sometime this week. Steve Donner, a member of the ownership group of the Rhinos, has been parping on about a "new investor" for...months now. It will be nice to get some cash infusion, because the Rhinos play in an unfinished stadium now. There's been talk about using the extra cash to finalize a push for the MLS, it remains to be seen if that can be pulled off. The team used to outdraw MLS teams when they played in a baseball stadium, that's a long time ago now. People are excited about being associated with the Rovers, I'm a bit more skeptical, as it looks like the chances of Dan Williams buying the Rovers are rather slim now. And, for what it's worth, the Rhinos play in the equivalent of the Championship, if only because there's not 4 leagues between the USL and MLS. Although there's no promotion/relegation either. The US soccer pyramid, such as it is : MLS>USL-1>USL-2>PDL.

God morning Philip. May I offer my sincere aplogies for my totaly uncalled for attack on you yesterday. Obviously it should never have happened and there is no excuse for it. I am truly sorry.

I had thought of PM'ing you to apologise,but as I insulted you in public, it is only right that I should apologise in public.

I hope you can forgive me for this completely over the top reaction, which to be honest is out of character and I cannot really explain why. I can't pretend otherwise than I do find your particular style of posting very irritating in as much as you often give no clue at all as to what you are actually talking about. However that is no excuse, and I should have done what I have done for years and just kept the irritation to myself.

I should also realise that this is a footie message board and it caters for a huge variety of different people from all backgrounds and age groups. In fact the only common bond that unites us all is our love for Blackburn Rovers. We ARE all different in so many ways and we perhaps should ALL bear this in mind and try not to get personal in our posts.

That is all there was to it really, and it should NOT have happened. If I may (in mitigation) offer a plea of temporary insanity due to the worry of possibly losing Mark Hughes?

God morning Philip. May I offer my sincere aplogies for my totaly uncalled for attack on you yesterday. Obviously it should never have happened and there is no excuse for it. I am truly sorry.

I had thought of PM'ing you to apologise,but as I insulted you in public, it is only right that I should apologise in public.

I hope you can forgive me for this completely over the top reaction, which to be honest is out of character and I cannot really explain why. I can't pretend otherwise than I do find your particular style of posting very irritating in as much as you often give no clue at all as to what you are actually talking about. However that is no excuse, and I should have done what I have done for years and just kept the irritation to myself.

I should also realise that this is a footie message board and it caters for a huge variety of different people from all backgrounds and age groups. In fact the only common bond that unites us all is our love for Blackburn Rovers. We ARE all different in so many ways and we perhaps should ALL bear this in mind and try not to get personal in our posts.

That is all there was to it really, and it should NOT have happened. If I may (in mitigation) offer a plea of temporary insanity due to the worry of possibly losing Mark Hughes?

Fife you are far too gentlemanly for this board. Are you not aware of Rules 1, 2 and 3 as are deeply ingrained in the psyche of Philipl, Scotty and Jim? Here they are in full.....

Rule 1.... NEVER EVER ADMIT TO BEING WRONG!

Rule 2..... IF EVER IN DOUBT IMMEDIATELY REFER TO RULE 1.

Rule 3 .... AS A LAST RESORT COMPLAIN IN OUTRAGED TONES TO A MOD.

;)

Fife you are far too gentlemanly for this board. Are you not aware of Rules 1, 2 and 3 as are deeply ingrained in the psyche of Philipl, Scotty and Jim? Here they are in full.....

Rule 1.... NEVER EVER ADMIT TO BEING WRONG!

Rule 2..... IF EVER IN DOUBT IMMEDIATELY REFER TO RULE 1.

Rule 3 .... AS A LAST RESORT COMPLAIN IN OUTRAGED TONES TO A MOD.

;)

Thank you for those kind words Theno. However I am genuinely ashamed of myself and Imeant every word of my apology.

It is a mantra of mine that if I have said something detrimental or verbally insulted someone I apologise. It takes a "big" person to admit that they were wrong. I am occasionally prone to 'red mist' moments myself though years of practice have mellowed me a bit!

Fife, you are a gentleman in the truest sense of the word.

It is a mantra of mine that if I have said something detrimental or verbally insulted someone I apologise. It takes a "big" person to admit that they were wrong. I am occasionally prone to 'red mist' moments myself though years of practice have mellowed me a bit!

Me too mum. Everybody (apart from the above of course ;) ) makes mistakes sometimes ...... its why the put rubbers on top of pencils.

Fife, apology not necessary but accepted- I guessed that was what had happened.

And sorry for being unclear at times. I will try to take that on board.

As for you Fife – Im not one for personal insults, but PhilipL throws quite a few about ( I have been on the receiving end of quite a few) without any repercussions. So don’t worry

Pip – im not your greatest fan, and I know that the sentiment is probably returned with vigour on your part. The problem with you is that you present your opinion as fact whilst smugly diminishing any opposing opinions, as you know that you can get away with your snide personal insults.

Some of your posts are interesting, well-written, but the vast majority are laborious and mind-numbingly long . It’s almost as if you can’t beat people in trying to sway them to your opinion, you will bore them into admitting you are correct.

Then we have your incessant ramblings about the takeover, rovers finances etc. I will say it again- yes you have obvious experience in dealing with economics & accounts. However you have little more inside knowledge than what is written on the Internet and your opinion shouldn’t carry any more weight on rovers dealings than anyone else’s. Your problem is that you have too many sycophantic, attack-dogs who go on the rampage if people dare to challenge your opinion

I will bow to your expert opinion, if you can prove to me that you have a contact within Rovers inner circle or you perhaps are part of the inner circle?

As for you Fife – Im not one for personal insults, but PhilipL throws quite a few about ( I have been on the receiving end of quite a few) without any repercussions. So don’t worry

Pip – im not your greatest fan, and I know that the sentiment is probably returned with vigour on your part. The problem with you is that you present your opinion as fact whilst smugly diminishing any opposing opinions, as you know that you can get away with your snide personal insults.

Some of your posts are interesting, well-written, but the vast majority are laborious and mind-numbingly long . It’s almost as if you can’t beat people in trying to sway them to your opinion, you will bore them into admitting you are correct.

Then we have your incessant ramblings about the takeover, rovers finances etc. I will say it again- yes you have obvious experience in dealing with economics & accounts. However you have little more inside knowledge than what is written on the Internet and your opinion shouldn’t carry any more weight on rovers dealings than anyone else’s. Your problem is that you have too many sycophantic, attack-dogs who go on the rampage if people dare to challenge your opinion

I will bow to your expert opinion, if you can prove to me that you have a contact within Rovers inner circle or you perhaps are part of the inner circle?

I got bored halfway through reading that....

Club not sold yet then? Who'd a thunk it.

Archived