SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DID YOU SEE THE PAPERS TODAY

SHEFF UTD AFTER ROBERTS ????? NOT TO SURE I WOULD LIKE HIM TO LEAVE

ASTON VILLA AND OTHER CLUBS LINKED BUT BELLAMY SAID HE WONT GO TO THEM HE ONLY COME BACK TO THE ROVERS

OH PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE :brfc:

HUGES SHOW INTEREST IN McBRIDE.

As I have said in previous posts, I would love to see Bellamy back and linked with Benni, but having said that I do not want to see Roberts go unless he is replaced by a similar big, strong, and fast striker. As of now, Roberts is our ONLY option in that department, and bringing Bellamy back would not solve that particular problem.

I would quite like to see Roberts stay, but if his move helps to fund a Bellamy return then I would be all for it. We would still need to bring anohter striker in on loan or in a permanent deal, but it would certainly make us a better side.

From what i can gather thats just a rehash of the people story.

Craig Bellamy (27), could leave Liverpool the term of the season. The Welsh forward, seven nets in 24 presences with the Reds, could return after a year to the Blackburn Rovers, that it would be ready to disburse 8 million pounds in order to come to it between the own ones spins. To reveal the indiscretion it is tabloid English < em>The the People</em >.

Please let the Bellamy story be true!

£8 million is a lot for us to pay on a striker alone and we probably wouldn't spend a penny to strengthen other areas of the squad, but frankly I don't think we need to. We have such strength in depth now, that we can afford to spend big on a striker.

8 million is a lot though. The question has to be asked, if we have that amount of money to spend on a single player, could we do better? Or, would we be better off bringing in two strikers for 4 million (or whatever other possible combination)?

Come on, what planet are you two on?

£8m is not too much for Bellamy. Which two world class strikers are we going to pick up for £4m each?

Bellamy and Benni would be dynamite in more senses than one if Benni did not live up to Bellamy's exacting standards). Having forwards options of Benni, Bellamy, Roberts and Derbyshire would be extremely strong and at least a match for any other club 5th downwards.

Here's hoping the rumour is true and Rovers beat Villa to the signature.

All I was saying is that considering the fact that we have picked up Benni and Bellamy in the past two seasons for 7.5 million combined, it might be worth really assessing our options, which I'm sure that we will.

No doubt McCarthy will being on his way to finance the deal. Anyway £8m!:o How come the stupid little welsh bugger didn't put in a 6million release clause when he signed for the mickey mousers? :huh:

Give em their money back and no more...... and pay Bellamy the same that Lpool did and not what he reputedly turned down to stay here. He seemed to think that we were too small a club for his talents anyway and that attitude won't have changed any.

We can afford him, especially if we sell anyone (Bentley, Pedersen), although I think the Scousers will want more than 8 Million for him, especially with the inflated prices because of the TV deal. I'd say 10 mill would be a good deal, even if we didn't sell any of our players. We might as well get rid of deadwood and get a few million, ie Todd, Gally

Why would Hughes get right rid of Gally after recently giving him a contract to 2010, some people really are braindead!

A more interesting question is why would Hughes give Gally a contract till 2010 when he never puts him on the pitch?

Or, would we be better off bringing in two strikers for 4 million (or whatever other possible combination)?

In a Nathan Blake & Ashley Ward stylee? *shudder*

I'd have him back, but for £8 million? How do they work that out? He scored far more goals when he played for us. He's had a mediocre season with Liverpool so his valuation goes up?! Why 'cause he's met Robbie Fowler?

Anyway, it's paper talk - makes a change for it to be an incoming rumour though. Wait until next week when Spurs are bound to be mentioned as "the chase hots up".

Archived