BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

This is not the first bust up beween Bellars and Riise this season. They were at it beore Christmas on the Lpool Training Ground when Bellers belted him and was sent home. This resulted in Lpool contacting Rovers about a possible return on loan return until they could off-load Bellars back to us at the end on the season.

Heard the rumour about getting Bellamy on loan as well before Christmas but no mention of it being because of a previous bust up between him and Risse.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These alleged photos of Liverpool training on Sunday from the Liverpool Pravda had me laughing out loud. I don't know whether to believe it or not, though it makes for good comedy!

I saw two dudes kissing in a park once but those photos were the gayest thing I have ever seen. Smells of propoganda.

"Voronin has scored six goals in 20 league games for Leverkusen this season."

Wow

And he was @#/? in the WC. How did he go against us in the cup tie?

imagine this-

benni and the weasel up front. derbs and roberts off the bench.

midfield from- mgp reid savage tugs dunn bentley.

defence from- warnock samba ooijer nelsen zurab emmo.

mokoena, gallagher, peter too.

that's a top 6 squad in my opinion. let's hope williams moves mountains and gets bellers back!

If Bellamy does comeback it will have been a bizarre chain of transfers.

Summer 2005: McCarthy appears to be number 1 target - but we miss out an end up with Bellamy

Summer 2006: Bellamy leaves and we end up with original number 1 target

Summer 2007: Bellamy to return to partner Benni?

I'm all for it - it's taken a long time in coming but it would be one hell of a strikeforce. :tu:

Whichever club Bellamy plays for, I think his biggest challenge on the field is to start scoring early on. He's done very little til xmas in the past couple of seasons and if he doesn't sort it out he'll soon end up at Leeds or some other lower league toilet.

Pales into comparison with the challenge of "stop being such a compete bellend", but there are clubs (us?) that will take him whatever his behaviour.

Simon

I'd say that we would have as good a chance as anybody in the signature of Bellamy. People say clubs like Villa and Spurs have a better chance, but are these clubs in the market for a striker and more importantly would these clubs 'gamble' on a player with so much baggage.

Villa's first choice strike partnership is Carew and Young, not to mention they have the likes of Agbonlahor, Vassel, Angel (I presume he's still there!) waiting in the wings so I'm not sure they would be after another striker. Villa also now have the financial backing to go for a 'safer' option. Spurs are also in a similar position in that they have a lot of decent strikers already and could go for other options.

Newcastle are a no-no obviously, and the top clubs won't even give him the time of day. I think we must realise that when we got him in summer 2005, Craig was in a similar situation. He was in trouble and wasn't playing particularly well, and needed a familiar face to give him confidence.

I'd say the likes of Rovers, Bolton, Everton and Man City are the most likely of English clubs to get him now.

To the tune of Yesterday

Bell-a-my

Has a penchant for kar-aok-e

He said to Riise "sing along with me"

But ol' Johnny

Refused you see

So Bell-a-my

Broke into his room at half past three

With a putter made by Odyssey

And tried to make

A two-ball, three

Why John would not sing I don't know, he wouldn't say,

May-be, his voice is crap, or perhaps he thinks it's ga-a-a-ay

from bellamy's own point of view. his best season has been with rovers. he has a team there who he gets on with (hughes et al) and he is a big fish with us.

if villa get him then he is only going to be replaced with someone else. and spurs just buys strikers for the sake of it.

i think ihateburnley is right in saying that bellamy to rovers suits all parties. i'd offer 5m and 6 max. he's definitely not worth 8 million.

maybe get savage to have a poke and remind bellamy of our uefa run!

I for one do not think that Bellamy and Benni would be a dream combination, in fact I think they would be a nightmare.

Bellamy played better for us than for Liverpool because our entire team play, including that of Pongolle, was geared towards getting the ball to Bellamy in the right places. From what I've seen, playing second fiddle is not Benni's thing. And I'm not sure that being Benni's provider will be Bellamy's thing either.

I agree with the replace Tugay sentiment as a greater priority

deco's view on the drunken fracas :

“There are footballers here who drink alcohol but never to the extent that their players did,” Deco said before tomorrow’s Champions League first knockout round, first leg match at the Nou Camp. “Our cultures are completely different.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle1409133.ece

not sure if deco likes a drink, but couldve sworn he's been done for drink-diving! :ph34r:

The LET seem to think that Hughes will be monitoring the Bellamy situation very closely: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...y_situation.php

Is Vinjays new home the LET now? Everytime I read a story his name is at the top of the comments list - TALING ABOUT THE ROVERS BOARD!

This time its having a go for selling him in the first place. What a sad sad man. Does anyone know him?

Is Vinjays new home the LET now? Everytime I read a story his name is at the top of the comments list - TALING ABOUT THE ROVERS BOARD!

This time its having a go for selling him in the first place. What a sad sad man. Does anyone know him?

Twice I've agreed with Williams in the last week, I must be going soft

Vinjay agreeing with Williams? Never :lol:

Archived