BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

Maybe there is something to this story - quote from Morten in Norwegian press. Suggests to me something happened

""I haven't spoken with John Arne properly but what happened was not good."

"John Arne is a pro and he will get over it, he is an adult and a good player on all accounts, so he will be fine."

Link

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To the tune of Yesterday

Bell-a-my

Has a penchant for kar-aok-e

He said to Riise "sing along with me"

But ol' Johnny

Refused you see

So Bell-a-my

Broke into his room at half past three

With a putter made by Odyssey

And tried to make

A two-ball, three

Why John would not sing I don't know, he wouldn't say,

May-be, his voice is crap, or perhaps he thinks it's ga-a-a-ay

That...was brilliant :lol:

I think he turned down Villa before he joined us but this time MON is there and he worked with Bellamy at Celtics so it will be more difficult to get him this time.

You might need to factor in that they have an America owner too who will be trying to market Villa in the USA and would want a bad influence bad attitude in the squad as little as the new guys at Liverpool.

He4'd come if he knew what's good for his career and happiness. Hughes sems to be the only manager to tame him, and with Voronin probably moving, and 'pool being linked to Treziguet, Iqenita and other strikers I can't spell correctly, I'd say he's on his way out. Villa have the potential to be a constant UEFA Cup/CL side with all the septic's money, but right now there has been little progress since O'Neill arrived. They still look like a team at our level.

Even though I was disgusted when Bellamy left, I'd have him back in an instant. He was brilliant for us last season, even with all his injury problems. Him and Benni McCarthy up front would be a great partnership and ideally it would have been the partnership for this season. Liverpool certainly have enough strikers with Kuyt, Crouch, Fowler and the impending arrival of Voronin, as well as a host of other players being linked with them, it could spell the end for Bellamy, especially after this incident with Riise.

Which either means;

a] The story was a complete fabrication, or

b] He's even more arrogant/stupid than the stories suggest.

I'd heavily leans towards 'a', not even Bellamy would be stupid enough to do that if the incident had really happened, surely?

Looks like we can forget Bellamy coming back. Just watched an interview on SSN with Rafa and he was grinning all over his face when the interviewer broached the subject of "bad boy Bellamy". He seems to be well in favour again now.

Just imagine; 'Pool win 2-1 against Barca away and the goals are scored by Bellamy and Riise! Who writes the script? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Good footballer but reading some of his comments you have to wonder what is going on inside his head! :blink:

:unsure:

Very little!............. Like 90% of all English professional footballers I would think.

Does no one find it strange why generally foreign players interview and articulate far better than our lot? It's weird.

Very little!............. Like 90% of all English professional footballers I would think.

Does no one find it strange why generally foreign players interview and articulate far better than our lot? It's weird.

I agree with that. Very few English footballers seem to have much brains on the surface of it.

I woudl say maybe it is just a cultural thing though. When I was in America most of them thought English people, even ones with pretty daft accents (Beckham anyone?) sounded intelligent. I suppose we tend to think subconciously that someone who speaks two or three languages is going to be pretty clever, even if that isn't biological truth at all, and it's not like we have the negative cultural associations we do for foreign accents like we do for 'Chavvy' ones from England.

I suppose a good example for me, even if he is not a footballer, is Rory McGrath. He came across as a complete lout on They Think It's All Over, and although I didn't think he was thick I didn't have him down as particularly intelligent. Then I saw him on QI the other day and the bredth of his knowledge is awesome, I was shocked. I suppose the message is don't always judge a book...

Whatever he does Bellamy could do with going somewhere where he's properly appreciated.

Liverpool's only real threat today, had the United defence on the backfoot all match with his pace, and had the ball in the net from an extremely marginal offside decision. Yet he got hauled off after 68 mins.

By way of contrast I thought Kuyt was awful and he hardly touched the ball in the second half.

Archived