BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I was saying is that considering the fact that we have picked up Benni and Bellamy in the past two seasons for 7.5 million combined, it might be worth really assessing our options, which I'm sure that we will.

To be fair, McCarthy, Nelsen, Mokoena were all gambles as none had ever played in the premiership. How long is it until a gamble doesnt pay off a la Grabbi. Bellamy is a proven top class premiership player.

First of all; to those of you who suggest that it would require the sale of someone (i.e. Bents, Mort, Benni) to finance this hypothetical move, I have 2 words:

1. WRONG - we have TV money coming, and no it will not all get used up giving people cheaper tix.

2. POINTLESS - selling one of those 3 just to get Bellars back would be like spinning your tires in

the mud.

To be fair, McCarthy, Nelsen, Mokoena were all gambles as none had ever played in the premiership. How long is it until a gamble doesnt pay off a la Grabbi. Bellamy is a proven top class premiership player.

Axe, Benni & the Admiral didn't cost half of Grabbi. In other words; Sparky doesn't make those kinds of gambles. But your second point works.

$I think a more interesting rumour from today is Chelsea and United trying to sign Berbatov for £20 million. As if...

It seems alot but then Carrick went to Utd for 19 million. And Berbatov genuine looks like a world class talent.

Spur will fight tooth and nail to keep him though.

Whats the point is signing bloody Bellamy for more than he sold him after hes had a crap season? Far prefer Hughes to sepnd 2-3m on young strikers like Eastwood or Easter rather then splashing out so much on him.

A more interesting question is why would Hughes give Gally a contract till 2010 when he never puts him on the pitch?

Long term development. I guess Hughes thinks itts worth the wages, which by Prem standards will be small, to see how he turns out. If we sold him the most we could hope for is a million. Worth doing if we are tight for money and we need a player but otherwise why not keep him? We can always sell later.

He has a number of strengths to his game (particually his reading of movement and finishing), even if he is the opposite of athletic in virtually every repect. If Hughes can get him to maximise on those strengths and build on those weaknesses we could have a decent player on our hands. I would point out Hughes has done that brilliantly so far with Mokoena, Bentley, Pedersen and Emerton. Dunn is another whose game seems to be transforming much for the better under the Welshman's tutelege. If Hughes sees potential then I am more than willing to go with that.

The only issue in my mind is that he is turning 23 this year so time isn't on his side.

Whats the point is signing bloody Bellamy for more than he sold him after hes had a crap season? Far prefer Hughes to sepnd 2-3m on young strikers like Eastwood or Easter rather then splashing out so much on him.

Just because Liverpool haven't used him as well as they could have is no reason to turn him down. He is, by a distance in my mind, the best striker we have had at Rovers since Shearer.

THe way he went left a bad taste but you cannot ignore world class players if (and a big if) they're interested. Bellamy had a terrible season at Newcastle in every respect before he turned up at Ewood.

No doubt McCarthy will being on his way to finance the deal.

If Bellamy were to come back (and I don't thnk 8m is excessive) then there would be little point in selling McCarthy to finance the deal.

Would be two steps forward and one and three quarter steps back. (Bellamy is a bit younger)

If we're going to move on from our current level at some point the only way will be to start retaining our better players whilst at the same time bringing in better ones to play alongside them.

Not that we need additional investment or anything. :ph34r:

2. POINTLESS - selling one of those 3 just to get Bellars back would be like spinning your tires in

the mud.

Not to take this off topic, but apparently there is a big industry in Germany selling videos of (clothed) women getting their cars stuck and trying to spin them out...

Long term development. I guess Hughes thinks itts worth the wages, which by Prem standards will be small, to see how he turns out. If we sold him the most we could hope for is a million. Worth doing if we are tight for money and we need a player but otherwise why not keep him? We can always sell later.

He has a number of strengths to his game (particually his reading of movement and finishing), even if he is the opposite of athletic in virtually every repect. If Hughes can get him to maximise on those strengths and build on those weaknesses we could have a decent player on our hands. I would point out Hughes has done that brilliantly so far with Mokoena, Bentley, Pedersen and Emerton. Dunn is another whose game seems to be transforming much for the better under the Welshman's tutelege. If Hughes sees potential then I am more than willing to go with that.

The only issue in my mind is that he is turning 23 this year so time isn't on his side.

Dont you get more money for your academy players when you sell them, based on the length and cost of that contract they are on at the time of the sell if they are 24 years or under. Makes perfect sense to me from the clubs financial point of view regarding Gally.

Or Billy Sharp?

Dont you get more money for your academy players when you sell them, based on the length and cost of that contract they are on at the time of the sell if they are 24 years or under. Makes perfect sense to me from the clubs financial point of view regarding Gally.

Thats only if they let their contract rund down and then move to another club. Its to prevent big clubs getting young uns for free,

Otherwise if they are under contract they just get sold the smae way everyone else does: Rooney for example.

someone said bellers is the best striker since shearer i disagree name one forward who has hit over 20 goals a season since shearer other than benni in saying that i would have bellers back in a second.

Personally, i`d welcome Bellamy back with open arms. I honestly believe he was the single most exciting footballer to have graced Ewood Park since Shearer.

A forward line of

.........Bellamy....McCarthy..........

Gamst............................Bentley

in my view, would be awesome!!

Defences just wouldn`t know who to pick up!

Bellamy tried his luck at Anfailed, but hasn`t been appreciated like he would be at Ewood. He was asked to fit in. Here, the team would be built around him & Benny.

I honestly believe he was the single most exciting footballer to have graced Ewood Park since Shearer.

Here here, great shout.

Bring him back if we can, simple as that.

More-so than Duff in his prime?

I would say so....but that`s just my opinion. The guy may be tainted with some of his off-field exploits, but as a footballer at BRFC he was awesome.

I'd say Duff was the more exciting of the two, but having Bellamy back would certainly not only do wonders for our league position but also for our attendances in my opinion.

When thinking where we need to strengthen in the summer, I don't feel like we need any major improvement. If we did get Bellamy in, then I'd say maybe a right-back and another centre-back (or maybe someone that could play in both positions) and possibly a CREATIVE midfielder. With Reid, Savage and Ooijer coming back it will be like signing three new players.

Bellamy - £8m

Defender - £4m

Creative midfielder - £5m

Surely with the new TV money we can afford to splash out £17m?

Im sure we're fine at the back with Samba and Nelson first choice and Ooijer and Zurab as backup. Right back should be ok aswell with Zurab being able to fill in there.

Midfield also seems sorted with 2 from Mokoena, Dunn, Tugay, Savage and Reid.

Why not go all out to get Bellers and give it a crack for one season, I wouldn't bet against that team making it into the champs league if they can stay clear of major injuries.

Bellamy, another striker and a creative midfielder and I think we would be an excellent side. The second striker could simply be a loan more, but this summer could really change our club if it goes well.

Im sure we're fine at the back with Samba and Nelson first choice and Ooijer and Zurab as backup. Right back should be ok aswell with Zurab being able to fill in there.

Midfield also seems sorted with 2 from Mokoena, Dunn, Tugay, Savage and Reid.

Why not go all out to get Bellers and give it a crack for one season, I wouldn't bet against that team making it into the champs league if they can stay clear of major injuries.

Bellamy, another striker and a creative midfielder and I think we would be an excellent side. The second striker could simply be a loan more, but this summer could really change our club if it goes well.

STOP PRESS...... NEWSFLASH...... ROVERS SHOCK NEWS! Outbreak of eternal optimism spotted on BRFC supporters board!

The causes are thought to be directly due to recent involvment in UEFA Cup and FA Cup SF's. This outbreak although not as yet thought to be too contagious or severe will hopefully be stamped out during the close season transfer window when their is a reallity check in the summer and the numerous but predictable 'outgoings' of the star players with obligatory (for BRFC only it appears) miserly sell-on clauses to wealthier predators are confirmed. :rolleyes:

Was about to post that, since this thread has turned into a next season-debate.

I don't see why we should sign a new central midfielder to be honest, Tugay is still capable of playing a bit-part role as a creative spark from the bench. And with Reid, Savage, Dunnie and Mokoena MK2 we've got plenty of cover. I would rather see us bring in a twosided winger, unless Peter and Gallagher are deemed good enough - we need a player to push Gamst Pedersen and Bentley for a place.

As for the thread's initial debate, I would welcome Bellamy with open arms, even though £8m is a bit steep for someone who's just had a mediocre season. Then again, the last two transfers involving Bellers hasn't really shown his true value. Benni Mac and Bellamy upfront = fantastic!

Archived