SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get in there.

All he needs is a clause in his contract and he's our's....... :huh:

Its obvious something happened in the Algarve and that Benitez is having no more luck with Bellamy than a succession of Newcastle Moanagers did. I'd guess the new moneybags at Villa would rather fancy their chances of signing him and the thought of O'Neill combining Bellamy with Carew would be pretty scary even for the Big 4 defences to contemplate.

But Hughes clearly manages Bellamy at least as well as anyone and much better than most. I get the impression Bellamy enjoyed his time at Rovers as much as he's enjoyed his football anywhere. His footballing reputation certainly bucked up when he was in the blue and white and if it is scoring goals that gives him a high, he hit the back of the net twice as often for Rovers last season than ever he did at Newcastle or is likely to do for the rotator at Liverpool.

Hughes knew exactly how to set up his team to get the very best out of Bellars and the prospect of playing alongside a very real talent in Benni as opposed to Dickov, Kuqi and Pongolle makes coming back to Ewood even more appealing. The other signings plus Derbyshire have strengthened the Ewood set-up as well and grabbing Bellamy back must surely increase the chances of Bentley and MGP staying (at this stage I would say there is not that much room for them in Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or the Mancs anyway and surely we can fend off any other Prem club).

Rovers have kept their spending down this year and looking at the strength and depth of the current squad when they are all fit, the requirement for this summer should be getting a BIG STAR forward to partner Benni rather than filling in here and there which no doubt given his track record to date, Mark Hughes will be doing anyway. Every agent with an unheard of potential top level premiership performer is bound to ring Sparky given his current track record.

Here's hoping Rovers are talking to Liverpool right now about a pre-contract signing and that Bellamy doesn't hold the stupid abusive oafs amongst the Rovers support who booed and had a go when he came back with the scousers at Christmas against us.

Is that 9999 posts?- boy do I waste some time on this MB. Only joking- PM me with any bright ideas for number 10,000.

Aside from the reported violence and destruction, these are meant to be preofessional footballers at one of the PL's top four clubs...........and they are out on the p1ss to this extent???????? The mind boggles.

But Hughes clearly manages Bellamy at least as well as anyone and much better than most. I get the impression Bellamy enjoyed his time at Rovers as much as he's enjoyed his football anywhere. His footballing reputation certainly bucked up when he was in the blue and white and if it is scoring goals that gives him a high, he hit the back of the net twice as often for Rovers last season than ever he did at Newcastle or is likely to do for the rotator at Liverpool.

imo and from many of his actions Bellamy sees himself as too big a player for us and was using us asa stepping stone during his time here to restore his tarnished reputation...........

....... which he has just earned again. :rolleyes: Caution required.

In the long run, not worth the hassle. I was really against Bellers coming to Rovers but he was magnificent for us in the end and has left good memories. Best leave it at that, if it was his dream to play for Liverpool his behaviour is not akin to that of someone 'living the dream'. It would surely have been only a matter of time before he tarnished our club too.

imo and from many of his actions Bellamy sees himself as too big a player for us and was using us asa stepping stone during his time here to restore his tarnished reputation...........

....... which he has just earned again. :rolleyes: Caution required.

theno...Bellamy IS too big a player for us. Well, at least he would be if he were able to control himself.

He has been nothing but complimentary about us since he left and he did seem geniunely happy here. We've seen that Hughes and his staff seem capable of controlling him, I'd have him back in an instance. The problem is, I wouldn't expect us to be so lucky this time round if he does leave Liverpool. There will be a few clubs with money to spend in the summer, I'd put a substantial amount of money on him turning up at Villa Park next season...although I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at Spurs.

Is that 9999 posts?- boy do I waste some time on this MB. Only joking- PM me with any bright ideas for number 10,000.

You could entertain us with your travel plans for getting to either of the two crucial forthcoming Cup ties at Ewood. No? Oh well never mind .................... :rolleyes:

Back to the subject at hand, I;m completely in agreement, if Bellamy was willing to return I think we would have found the ideal use for some of the extra TV money. Imagine a front four of MGP, McCarthy, Bellamy and Bentley all playing at their best. That's top four material.

Unfortunately, as some others have said, Bellamy may (wrongly) feel he's too big for us. No harm whatsoever in asking though.

The first time I saw the news on a portuguese sports newspaper in their online version, nothing was mentioned of Bellamy or Riise. Maybe it is because that happened in the hotel.

According to the report, Benitez went to Vilamoura and 15 players went out for a drink.

Something went wrong and they were sent out of the bar. Crouch and Gerrard tried to stop their drunken team mates.

When they went out, they started damaging cars and other stuff.

Reports say Dudek tried to hit a police officer.

In the long run, not worth the hassle. I was really against Bellers coming to Rovers but he was magnificent for us in the end and has left good memories. Best leave it at that, if it was his dream to play for Liverpool his behaviour is not akin to that of someone 'living the dream'. It would surely have been only a matter of time before he tarnished our club too.

Just like a woman to be all sensible about it. I was thinking well we did seem to let him enjoy his footy here, and he seemed to like it, I was about to say we were the only club he did not get in trouble at but I think he behaved at Celtic. Was thinking I'd like him back but you know what? Mum, I think you are spot on, a ticking time bomb.

Didn't Bellers also do a good PR job for us with Warnock.

You could entertain us with your travel plans for getting to either of the two crucial forthcoming Cup ties at Ewood. No? Oh well never mind .................... :rolleyes:

Congratulations Rev. The guy has spent plenty of time on here which has been appreciated by the vast majority of members.

Instead of making any of your concerns known at a reasonable stage (i.e. after any of the 9,999 previous posts) you had to try and 'rain on his parade' when his 10,000th post was due didn't you?

There was no need for that whatsoever. :angry:

It still amazes me how some footballers absolutely cannot get their act together. What has to happen for these guys to wake up?

Even the threat of a prison term last time he was in the poo couldn't stop him. If I was Riise I would have him charged, it would probably be enough to see him spend sometime in prison and hopefully a friggin reality check.

Congratulations Rev. The guy has spent plenty of time on here which has been appreciated by the vast majority of members.

Instead of making any of your concerns known at a reasonable stage (i.e. after any of the 9,999 previous posts) you had to try and 'rain on his parade' when his 10,000th post was due didn't you?

There was no need for that whatsoever. :angry:

Still very funny though. :lol:

Reports say Dudek tried to hit a police officer.

Don't know if this was at Barringtons complex or in the Praca centre where Monty's is located, but if it's the latter the security is not the Portugese police but a private security company. So nutting one of them might not carry as much gravity.

This is not the first bust up beween Bellars and Riise this season. They were at it beore Christmas on the Lpool Training Ground when Bellers belted him and was sent home. This resulted in Lpool contacting Rovers about a possible return on loan return until they could off-load Bellars back to us at the end on the season.

Archived