BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] City Sign Bianchi

Italian youngsters work incredibly hard to make first team football, that would be the best time to get them as they could still be moulded. Once they get regular Serie A football, they seriously can't be bothered adapting to the English game, they believe that everyone else is playing wrong, not them. Look at Corradi, Grabbi etc.

It's an inflated price, but what do you expect when you are noveau rich - you'll have problems keeping the price down. I've let my annoyance be known about the constant Grabbi comparison in other threads, I guess I'll just second Lathund's post - it's becoming a joke. Plus, the price isn't really that bad considering his goalscoring form in one of the toughest leagues in the world. I didn't see a lot of moaning about West Ham buying Dean Ashton for £7,25m, he didn't have more than one decent season in the Premiership when that bid was lodged.

I think it's a decent signing all things considered, Bianchi has the potential to become a top player, and in my opinion having Sven around will do him good too.

Fancy a small wager than Nugent will score more than Bianchi next season?

Depends who they both end up signing for, but if it was Portsmouth and Citeh respectively I'd be more than confident on Nugent.

10 quid for a chosen charity? :)

Fancy a small wager than Nugent will score more than Bianchi next season?

Not sure about that one, like Rev says it's a matter of who they sign for just as much as how good the player is. I do think Nugent has something to offer the Premiership, but my point was that he's no more proven than Bianchi - who's completed a season in the Serie A as 4th top scorer. I do see the cultural differences and the change of pace by moving to England from Italy, but with Sven around (probably speaking Italian + knows the Italian way of playing) I don't see a reason why Bianchi shouldn't score 15 goals next season. Well, aside from the choice of club of course..

Will have to turn down your wager unfortunately, there's too many mattering factors.

Yet another failed Italian signing in the making, although I doubt he's as bad as Grabbi. Saying that, anyone remember Andri Silenzi? Forest signed him early 90's when he was Italy's first choice centre forward and he did precicely nothing!

Some of the recent transfers are getitng ridiculous. £5M for koumas, £6M for Kamara and all these french nased players for big money that nobody has even heard of!

Yet another failed Italian signing in the making, although I doubt he's as bad as Grabbi. Saying that, anyone remember Andri Silenzi? Forest signed him early 90's when he was Italy's first choice centre forward and he did precicely nothing!

Some of the recent transfers are getitng ridiculous. £5M for koumas, £6M for Kamara and all these french nased players for big money that nobody has even heard of!

Tack on £5m for Chopra: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...and/6291244.stm

Going to Sunderland - should be a fun time for him!

Tack on £5m for Chopra: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...and/6291244.stm

Going to Sunderland - should be a fun time for him!

[/quo

When will they ever learn? He will get pelters from the mackems if he doesn't deliver - his previous prem record suggests that this will be the case. On a par with Wigan's ludicrous decision to sign David Connoly for £3.5M and Heskey for £5M

Actually I'll take the bet on Bianchi v.s Nugent next season. Surely Bianchi sounds like a typical Cityplayer, but there is one mattering factor here: he's young and he's a RECENT proven goalscorer. I'ts not the classic 29 year old journeyman with 18 goals in 96/97 in the Belgian first division scenarion which City usually does so well... Wouldn't surprise me if he proved to be more value for money than Bent for 16,5 mill to Tottenham?

Silenzi was hardly Italy's first choice centre forward, he's got one cap. Talk about rewriting history.. Highly doubt he'd cost £2m if he was Italy's first choice forward, with players like Baggio, Signori and Zola behind him. Anyway, Italian and English football has improved since then, the difference between the two cultures isn't as big as it once was.

£5m for Chopra sounds like absolute insanity to me, it's such a big outlay.

Archived