BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven Reid

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone have any news on Reidy?

Is he training with the full squad normally or does he have his own schedule?

Any idea on when he will feature?

I was chatting to him in Lithuania and he was training on his own and he mentioned that he was a few weeks away however since then I think he had another set back. Someone mentioned that in the programme from Sunday it mentioned two weeks however not sure whether this was back to full training or match fitness.

I was chatting to him in Lithuania and he was training on his own and he mentioned that he was a few weeks away however since then I think he had another set back. Someone mentioned that in the programme from Sunday it mentioned two weeks however not sure whether this was back to full training or match fitness.

He's back in training in 2 weeks.

it seems so long since he last played in a rovers shirt (portsmouth away i think?).

only time will tell if he is the same player he once was, serious injuries ala jansen can ruin a career.

just imagine how frustrating it has been for him with all the set backs, i think he will be well up for it when he returns to first team action and will be like a new signing.

our squad will be so strong in midfield depth when he returns, it's well tidy times at rovers :)

only time will tell if he is the same player he once was, serious injuries ala jansen can ruin a career.

Slightly different set of circumstances though and not comparable imo.

But I get your point.

Jansen suffered, by all accounts, an injury to the head that most people would struggle to get back from. That he even came back to play premiership football at all was really something. And something he should be very proud of indeed.

Slightly different set of circumstances though and not comparable imo.

But I get your point.

Jansen suffered, by all accounts, an injury to the head that most people would struggle to get back from. That he even came back to play premiership football at all was really something. And something he should be very proud of indeed.

Perhaps a better comparison would be Thommo. Needless to say I hope Reidy's not out for that long!

I think the pessimistic view you take is probably the correct one. The great thing is at the moment we dont need to risk him at all so I think Hughes will reintroduce him slowly thus reducing chances of setbacks he would likely suffer if he was introduced back say in 3 weeks playing 70+ minutes week in week out. IMO Reid is probably our best midfield prospect long term to rush him back would be a dissaster if we do it slowly the long term benefits for him and Rovers could be breathtaking

Reidy returning would be a massive boost for us. The great thing about our good start is that there's no need to rush him back. Everyone keeps saying we need a creative midfielder but I can't see us getting anyone as good as Reid.

I for one have been clamoring for a creative midfielder for awhile mainly because we have no idea what sort of player we'll be getting back when Reid returns. I'd love for him to regain his form from two years ago, but there is absolutely no guarantee that will happen.

I for one have been clamoring for a creative midfielder for awhile mainly because we have no idea what sort of player we'll be getting back when Reid returns. I'd love for him to regain his form from two years ago, but there is absolutely no guarantee that will happen.

Much as I hate to say it we can't guarantee Stevie's long-term fitness. He's spent a great deal of his time at Rovers suffering from injury and I for one don't feel confident at all.

Much as I hate to say it we can't guarantee Stevie's long-term fitness. He's spent a great deal of his time at Rovers suffering from injury and I for one don't feel confident at all.

On the other hand we'll know he'll be fresh!?!

Steven Reid is a fantastic player. His injuries have been a disaster recently. When he comes back to full fitness tough, whos goona move aside?

Obviously depending on his fitness I would like to see him take the Savage role in the team. He certianly had the fitness and energy levels before his injury but the question is how long will it take him to reach those heights again? I think he could replace Sav in the team and add many other qualities such as pace, power and shooting ability. Only time will tell though...

• 2 weeks later...

There was a little bit on Reidy on last nights pre and post match discussions. Can't remember exactly what they said but it was along the lines of he is very close to making a start on returning, to i assume the reserves.

He has got to be nearly there but they are worried about rushing him back.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived