BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The Midfield Pairing Be?

den

Midfield twosome?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the two current central midfielders be?

• Savage Tugay
    • Savage Dunn
    • Savage Reid
    • Savage Mokoena
    • Tugay Dunn
    • Tugay Reid
    • Tugay Mokoena
    • Dunn Reid
    • Dunn Mokoena
    • Reid Mokoena
    • Bentley Savage
    • Bentley Dunn
    • Bentley Reid
    • Bentley Tugay
    • Bentley Mokoena.

Quite a few people have commented that Hughes is currently picking the wrong team, in particular the two central midfielders Tugay and Mokoena. So who should be the first choice? Keep in mind, obviously if you choose Bentley, then we have a problem on the right hand side.

[if I've missed anyone off the poll, let me know ASAP].

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With rovers being dodgy at the back you have to have a DM and a AM.

Therefore Savage with either Reid or Dunn or Tugay.

I know Tugay isn't really an AM but he can't defend to save his life. Dunn is most valuable in the centre but if Reidy can rediscover his form then most players would struggle to keep him out the team.

If Reid is getting back to the level's of old then I'd like to see a Reid/Dunn combination in the middle. Reid could be the energetic player of the two with Dunn linking defence to midfield. I think these two would create the most goals out of any combination and lets face it, can't be any worse than Mokoena Tugay!

i can't see an answer anywhere from you either :)

I'd have to go with Savage and Dunn. A fully fit Reid would threaten either of them, but as yet and due to the question asking for the CURRENT midfielders, he's not had enough games.

I went with Sav and Reid. I think Reid is back to the point where he can have an impact on teh attack, and we'll let the headless chicken play with/behind him in midfield. but to be fair, dunny/reid is a tough call. Tugay is a great imapct sub to bring on. Axe can solidy things with a lead if need be.

Savage and Dunn.

Savage can sit back and help protect the defence, whilst Dunn is the only one capable of properly supporting the front two from central midfield unless Reid can get back to where he once was, but I expect that to take a few months.

Well I'd go with Tugay and anyone capable of winning and keeping the ball long enough for him to be effective in his DF role . Doesn't say much for us that our best midfielder (apart from Bentley of course) is in his late 30's .

I'm not sure who this mystery midfielder is ....but I'd like us to sign him in the transfer window .

Hopefully Reid will get back to his best soon but it has to be said that Savage , Dunn and Mokoena are a bit lacking .

A bit of a Kop Out I'm afraid . :closedeyes:

As someone said earlier, we need to play an AM/DM combination.

Disclaimer: all my opinion (some people seem to forget that sometimes)

Savage does not have the positional discipline to play pure DM, but that's OK with Dunn in the side, or even Tugay, because Dunn will work back to cover Robbie's occasional lapse and Tugay hangs back anyway.

Reid has been out too long to say with certainty that he is the player he was. But we can pretend he more or less is because that's all we have to go on.

In that case, I'd take Dunn/Reid, Dunn/Savage, Reid/Savage, Reid/Tugay, Savage/Tugay, Dunn/Moko, Reid/Moko and probably Dunn/Tugay at a pinch.

Savage isn't good enough going forward to work with Moko, and as we've seen Tugay and Moko don't work together at all, just robs us of width.

So far 4 votes for a pairing containing the Axe - 4 more than I expected.

and 0 votes for Tugay-Mokoena, the pairing for our last couple of games.

I voted for Dunn-Tugay, I think the two could supplement each other very well, especially in home games.

Archived