BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle will never be successful and this is the reason why, no patience the more the mangers the more the bad buys and no settled side, BFS talked about a 3 and 5 yr plan and that is what this club needs.

There is no instant success and the so called great toon fans need to realisle this.

How so? Due to the fact we are strapped for cash?

it's not exactly strawberry's and cream at ewood right now, i don't think our transfer funds has to much to do with it as he must know the financial situation when he signed a new contract with us.

i don't think he will go, just be tempted as any manager would be when you got a hugh transfer kitty to play with and a new challenge.

"Ross Perry (Newcastle United fan) says...

Very, very, very pleased he has gone!! It was a matter of time, he shouldn't be drawing matches with Championship opposition. He was a disgrace, he should never have been given the job in the first place."

I wonder if this is the attention span of your average Newcastle fan.

Skybet odds on next manager of the Toon

Souness 100/1

Haha. I wonder how many will put money on that. :wstu:

Got an inkling it will be a bigger name than BFS this time around. Jol or Van Basten, perhaps.

In any case we should nip in and get Duffer back if we can. If he can recover in the same fashion Dunn has it will be worth it for me.

"Ross Perry (Newcastle United fan) says...

Very, very, very pleased he has gone!! It was a matter of time, he shouldn't be drawing matches with Championship opposition. He was a disgrace, he should never have been given the job in the first place."

I wonder if this is the attention span of your average Newcastle fan.

and we lose 4-1 at home to championship side coventry city. sad state of affairs.

Here is my take on things at Newcastle. First and foremost Sam is good manager; he may not play attractive football, but its winning type. I believe that given time and resources he would of done a good job.

The crux of the problem at Newcastle are the fans, they are in my opinion the worst fans in the league, they believe they have a god-given right for success, while im afraid booing your team incessantly and calling for the managers head after every defeat will not bring success.

Not only do they want winning football, but they want to play with panache and attacking verve, a rarity these days barring about 6/7 sides in Europe.

On Hughes I believe if offered the Job he would probably take-it, the reason being that he has a chairman who is able and willing to invest in his club, something we do not have at rovers unfortunately.

I have detected a tone in Sparkys recent interviews that he is fed-up with a lack of transfer funds and not been able to push the club on. I hope for our sake they don’t approach him and go down the shearer/ foreign manager rout, because what he has achieved here on a pittance is remarkable. Even the likes of Bolton have spent (net) considerably more than us. And money unfortunately along with good management coaching- determines success

Newcastle just released a statement. They have not approached Alan Shearer. They know who they want and they will go through the official channels to get him. He is not a foreign manager.

Starting to think it must be Hughes!

Archived