BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryan Nelsen

Might be true. He is 33 now heading on 34.

Givet, Samba and Jones look like they could be a good threesome at the back. We would need to get a left back or someone who can play left back and center back.

Id keep Nelsen around though personally. He has good experience to be in the squad. But I believe Givet and even Jones may be better partners for Samba now.

He's actually 32, DOB 18/10/77.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I am starting to get the impression he could be off.

There was the captaincy situation, although that may very well have been a reward to Samba rather than a knock against Nelsen.

The there is the New Zealand link.

Then were being linked with left backs which suggests to me he sees Givet moving inside to CB (Good idea if you ask me, he's a better CB). I don't think for one second were going to spend 10m on this Canella fella but I see were recently linked with Konchesky too so perhaps we are on the hunt for a left back. You'd think there was more important areas if nobody is off, Givet can start with Olsson or Chimbonda as cover.

I'm just hoping it's not Givet that's off!

Could just be reading too much into it, maybe he just want a more orthadox fullback regardless of who goes, leaving us with a lot of strength at CB.

Don't think he will be off.

He has been a great servant for us over the years, so it is not as if they would hide the fact he would be leaving. They would have given fans and him a chance to say good bye.

I hope not, I still think he has something to offer, probably just reading into it a little too much. It may very well come down to just how well Allardyce rates Jones. If he sees Jones replacing Nelsen next year then he may feel that we can't afford to have one of our top earners simply sitting on the bench at his age.

You do need strength in depth at CB though, we got a little lucky with Jones doing so well, if Nelsen were to leave we'd have to replace him otherwise one injury and we don't have any CB's as cover. Seems silly to get rid of a good one just to replace him with someone else, it wouldn't be cheap replacing someone of Ryan's quality so it wouldn't really save us anything.

He'll be staying, I've convinced myself in the last 30 seconds.

Are people trying to upset me talking about Nelsen leaving ;)

This article on Sky Sports is a good read, I like the fact that Sam says "Centre-half is a high-risk position"

I think it's pretty clear that if he does try and leave then he'll have to do it while you cling to his ankles on the way out of Ewood :)

Does he know he has a stalker? :rock:

Nah I don't stalk him, I've only met him once, I don't wait for him after every game if that's what you're thinking ;)

Rather telling...

Not EVERY Game...

;)

Edit - Smiley face added!

He wouldn't be my first choice if we had a proper left back. I would like to see Givet in the centre of defence with Samba. Phil Jones could now be a head of him in the pecking order. He's a good squad player to have, no doubt about it.

You mean look like you.

I just didn't think she'd look anything like that.

EDIT: I imagined Robbo being with a blonde but his wife is brunette.

Yes, they were taking pics of the family with Roar and Roarina! Little Nelsen (Max I think his name is) is a right little pickle, don't envy Monica having another like that to deal with although she seems a very capable lady!

Not good timing though, Ryan!!!! Best of luck for arrival of the new baby and for the World Cup of course!

His wife was with him when he signed my shirt last Monday as she had to take his little lad from his dad as he was having trouble signing shirts with him in one hand little lad was crying after being taken away from his dad :).

Think it's pathetic how players see the need to come back from tournaments abroad to be at the birth of their children..

First Peterson says he's gonna be back and now nelson..

Men clearly aren't how they made them!!

It's makes him more of a man to come back to be at the birth of the child. The wife shouldn't have to go through it herself

Think it's pathetic how players see the need to come back from tournaments abroad to be at the birth of their children..

First Peterson says he's gonna be back and now nelson..

Men clearly aren't how they made them!!

I think it's more pathetic that they don't do some simple maths beforehand... :rolleyes:

I don't think Ryan will have much to worry about though, unless the kid is very early :lol:

It's makes him more of a man to come back to be at the birth of the child. The wife shouldn't have to go through it herself

Rubbish. I was present at the birth of my kids and to be quite honest and to use a football cliche it's a game of two halves. First half is the waiting period which can sometimes be long and drawn out and where a man can indeed be a comfort and help take the strain from the nursing staff, but once the 'job' is underway proper I simply felt that I was surplus to requirements and an unecessary consideration for the staff.

Also unless one has lived in a bubble or is of a sensitive disposition it's definitely not the life changing experience that some would claim.

Archived