BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryan Nelsen

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see a bid coming in for the admiral in this window, out of contract next summer, the ? is how much? is he worth.

His performances so far in the WC have been very impressive.

Their is no doubting the qualities that he brings to our club, but is he worth another contract, or risk losing him on a free, no doubt to the A league.

His performances for us have been a little up and down, with injuries starting to creep in.

His wages IMO will be around 1.5 - 1.8m for the remainder of his contract, maybe a little more as club captain.

2m IMO with his wage savings would be a good deal for us, anything more a real bonus.

Given his injury problems and so on, I wonder if he's seeing if he can use his raised profile from the WC to get a move to one of the rich Arab countries?

If there was a move that was good for him then I think it would be in both our interests for it to happen, we could then have Samba, Givet and Jones battling for two places and get a proper left back.

Like I said though, only if it's good for him at this stage of his career, otherwise he's more than welcome to stay in blue and white halves.

As much as I'd hate to see him go it could be a good time to sell. There are always clubs out there who will buy players based on a good world cup. He's raising his profile with every game and we could end up with a decent fee which could be spent on more key areas of the squad. We do have decent cover at CB with the emergance of Jones.

Ricky how could you forget Chimbo ;) also not forgetting Hanley is starting to emerge as a contender, maybe a little further back than Jones but in 12 months time there is a good chance he will be were Jones is now, perfect timing for the Admiral's contract expiring.

Given his injury problems and so on, I wonder if he's seeing if he can use his raised profile from the WC to get a move to one of the rich Arab countries?

yep, that's right. he's only decided to play well so he can sign for an arab country. that's obviously why new zealand were so poor when we played them down at ewood. he didn't have the injury problems back then to inspire his overwhelming greed to angle for a move.

this site is ridiculous. one person makes a comment about the fact he has played well and some people might be interested and there will be 5 pages of unfounded specualtion will follow with claims like this. can we stop this now before it does actually become five pages, at least until another manager even mentions him or even until one of the newspapers takes the same stupid pills as you guys and comes to the same conclusion just to get a story out of nothing.

yep, that's right. he's only decided to play well so he can sign for an arab country.

WTF are you talking about? I never said anything like that.

"just to get a story out of nothing". You don't half don't some @#/?. I didn't claim to have a story, I said "I wonder if".

Learn to read English.

Allardyce congratulated him on Al Jazeera Sports saying he had texted him between games, and he should be proud with the unbeaten campaign.

So Rovers absolutely dicked a team that the World Cup holders could only manage a draw against?

We're better than Italy - official. :rover:

No Nelsen will get an extra two weeks off. Extra being the key word. I wont expect him back in training before mid-July.

Allardyce said anyone in the WC will be given an extra two weeks off, but said Nelsen could take longer if he wanted after his efforts, with a smile on his face.

• 3 weeks later...

If the Rovers wanted to make any money out of Ryan, now is the time.

Couldn't agree more dave. In 12 months he will be worthless to us and we will have paid him 40k pw to boot. Add to that the fact that besides Samba who I think should now be captain we have Givet, Jones, Hanley and Zurab.

If selling Nelsen gets us Guti then it's an obvious thing to do.

Would not sell Nelsen and I am sure Sam is of the same view - he is a leader on and off the pitch.

Why? We already have leaders in the squad, 2 better centre halves and one potentially better centre half already who needs game time.

Add into that he average form after his initial season, his shocking distribution and the fact we could make a few quid out of him now...

It was criminal he was kept and Ooijer was let go.

Couldn't agree more dave. In 12 months he will be worthless to us and we will have paid him 40k pw to boot. Add to that the fact that besides Samba who I think should now be captain we have Givet, Jones, Hanley and Zurab.

If selling Nelsen gets us Guti then it's an obvious thing to do.

Samba who could leave as soon as a decent bid comes in. Hanley/Jones still need to be gradually brought into the team or so the manager says anyway.

Givet is our first choice left back and Zurab has been told he can leave for free.

That's why Nelsen should be kept...

His contract expired. He didn't want to renew it. What more do you want?

I'm glad things are so black and white and simple as that, ta I was confused. If you think that's as simple as it is, there is no point continuing that discussion.

You seriously think Nelsen is a better player than Ooijer? :blush:

Archived