BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Ok Theno

Have a look at this lot

None of of them your favourite bete noir of being Muslim.

No Muslims involved.

But they are not in this country they ? Isn't that the whole point ?

We'll never reach common ground with you being veggie, but in this country, the humane slaughter of animals has been subject to vast rules and regs over the years. Halal slaughter or Kosher for that matter is disgusting. Subjecting the animal to unnecessary pain and distress while they warble medieval script, and all acceptable becouse of bleedin' religion.

Suppose if you have an imaginary friend you can get away with owt.

Edited by adopted scouser

I m up for the game Saturday and was thinking of going to the Eagle at Barrow Saturday post game for a bite to eat

Anyone been? How is it?

Cheers

Only eaten there once and I'd have to say it's just about OK but expensive. Much better food and a much better dining experience at the Freemasons 1/2 a mile away in Wiswell (or even 2 miles away at Mitton Hall).

Good atmosphere for after food drinkies at the Spread though. Wise move is to go to the Freemasons and end the night at the Spread Eagle.

Quote colin, on 16 April 2010 - 23:39 PM, said:

Ok Theno

Have a look at this lot

None of of them your favourite bete noir of being Muslim.

one

three

Four

Five

No Muslims involved.

I agree with you fully Colin but you'll be horrified to know that in your haste to join the posse you are actually backing up my points. :tu:

Slaughtering animals is never a pretty sight nor a totally stress free end for the animal so why are you so happy to condone cruelty and make the process much much worse than it is by refusing to support the use of humane slaughter methods? Successive UK governments are spineless and sh1t scared of upsetting minorities even if it means condoning unecessary cruelty to animals.

Remember no one can defend the indefensible.

btw I'm not against slaughtering horses for meat either just so long as the process is as humane as possible.

.....so why are you so happy to condone cruelty and make the process much much worse than it is by refusing to support the use of humane slaughter methods?

Please, for the love of god, tell me where you get that from. If you can, I'll buy a season ticket at Turf Moor for 2010-2011.

Back to eateries eh? This is a food thread. Let's not get it diverted by Theno's Islamaphobia, nor his habitual vaseline rogering of pigs

See what I did there?

Why do people who eat meat need it to be 'humanely' slaughtered and butchered? Does it taste better?

Apparantly yes.

The humanely "butchered" is a bit late in the process as the beasty is already dead so it doesn't really matter.

There is a big market for meat that has been raised in a decent environment & so that the meat actually tastes of something rather than intensive factory, full of growth chemicals.

What do you think you are getting when you buy a £2 frozen chicken at your supermarket. Do you think you are buying something that will taste of anything? Do you think that that animal had a life worth living (you probably don't care)

Right, that's me off for now. I've just done my bit.

Cheers

Colin

There is a big market for meat that has been raised in a decent environment & so that the meat actually tastes of something rather than intensive factory, full of growth chemicals.

We buy all our meat from the local farm shop. We can walk through the fields to the shop watching the animals growing in the fields and buy them a few weeks / months later. The quality is absolutely superb, makes Tesco look like a backstreet kebab shop, and the prices are generally on par or lower than a supermarket. Not that I'd question the price because this is about buying great quality and supporting a local enterprise.

On restaurants we went to The Olive Press, Preston last night (this is what I think of as Heathcote's). Hadn't meant to go but couldn't get into the Clog and Billycock any time after 5.30 (incidentally it's the same at The Bull for this lunch time). This was a small celebration for my son's 18th, we didn't stint on anything and I thought the bill at £146 very reasonable. Food was good, plenty of variety with a good choice for people in age range 18-55. The younger ones don't want pan seared tuna and I don't want pizza. Service was excellent, polite and attentive. I was struck by how quiet the place was and also by how quiet Preston town centre was for a Saturday night.

We don't spend our weekends in restaurants but it's my lad's 18th and today we are meeting friends over from the States who we haven't seen for nearly 30 years. Both events are parties of 6 or more. I tried to book the Clog and could get nothing later than 5.30pm, and can't even get a reservation at The Bull. Seems to me RVI have a bit of a problem in simply being too popular. While very good lack of availability means they are rapidly dropping down our list of places to eat. This is the third time in a row we haven't been able to get in the C&B. This weekend they've missed at least 14 covers from our household.

Why do people who eat meat need it to be 'humanely' slaughtered and butchered? Does it taste better?

Correct. And people don't need anaesthetic for amputations eyc either sleepyjack. Doing away with anaesthetists would save the NHS a fortune. :wstu:

I tried to book the Clog and could get nothing later than 5.30pm, and can't even get a reservation at The Bull. Seems to me RVI have a bit of a problem in simply being too popular. While very good lack of availability means they are rapidly dropping down our list of places to eat. This is the third time in a row we haven't been able to get in the C&B. This weekend they've missed at least 14 covers from our household.

If thats the case they need to be very careful not to let standards slip. It could easily become a recipe for complacency if they are not kept on their toes.

Apparantly yes.

The humanely "butchered" is a bit late in the process as the beasty is already dead so it doesn't really matter.

What do you think you are getting when you buy a £2 frozen chicken at your supermarket. Do you think you are buying something that will taste of anything? Do you think that that animal had a life worth living (you probably don't care)

Right, that's me off for now. I've just done my bit.

Cheers

Colin

Colin you are just a blowhard. (I shall attempt to make sense out of your slaughter of the English language in bold and interpret your meaning.) You are banging on about a subject of which you so obviously know nothing about. In fact I challenge you to name any of the 'growth chemicals' currently available to UK farmers. You may or may not have a point about the '£2 frozen chickens', who can say except for the supermarkets that import them and the overseas farmers who produce them? However all use of growth chemicals in UK meat production were banned in this country about 20 years ago.

You should recall that I have informed you of this before btw.

Oh and btw 'apparently yes'?. :rolleyes: Good grief! Can we hear some hard evidence please?

You need to bear in mind that all beasts are individuals and depending on age and upbringing will have a different taste and texture. Remember they can only be slaughtered once.

Edited by thenodrog

Correct. And people don't need anaesthetic for amputations eyc either sleepyjack. Doing away with anaesthetists would save the NHS a fortune. :wstu:

Don't be stupid. The two aren't comparable and you know it.

1. I know your politics are like Charlton Heston's, but do you eat people, too?

2. Do people under operation get their anaesthetics via an electric shock to the brain, or do you prefer the captive bolt technique for your family members?

3. Do 36% of people under operation have their anaesthetics poorly administered, so that they're still awake and feel pain during the operation?

Don't be stupid. The two aren't comparable and you know it.

Yes they are. The civilised world has moved on from the past when we had no other options. We have developed better ways of doing most things. Why regress to savagery?

Edited by thenodrog

Slaughter techniques have improved much like anaesthesia techniques, right? So they're the same. Your analogy ignores that we a) generally survive operations and B) don't eat each other.

Put it this way: if your wife woke up before an operation and they carried on anyway, would you still call it civilised just because the darkies don't give any anaesthetic at all?

FFS every thread......

Anyway, I guess it takes all sorts? I was knocked sideways yesterday when I read the write up on the pack horse Belthorn, 8 and 9’s all the way down.

I went several months ago now and have to say it was the worst Italian food I had ever tasted, mate of mine found a piece of metal in his pasta on another occasion , than they did about the menu.

Truly awful, but the Telegraph reporter doesn’t think so….

I think the bottom line here is that if thenodrog happened to be walking around, say, Golders' Green or Swiss Cottage in North London and stopped off to eat somewhere and found out it was Kosher, I very much doubt he'd be particularly bothered.

ffs! Try to keep up! I've already answered you about this 75% down page 51.

Tell you what that :wstu: wasn't given unfairly was it? :rolleyes:

Edited by thenodrog

Any chance of this going back to where people say where they have had good and bad grub? It was quite good for that.

Yup, Keith Andrews came in pointing in another direction.

This place has dropped off a few notches recently. (Apparantly.)

marmalade Whalley

Well, give it another go in a few weeks and see if it's perked back up to its perky best.

Bon appitite tout le monde

Speaking of eateries in Whalley has Breda Murphy's place been mentioned?

I've eaten at a house party where the fish pie and lasagne were prepared by her and re-heated but I've never been to her restaurant.

As an aside neither were all that special and I'm sure I could have cooked better myself.

Edited by thenodrog

FFS every thread......

Anyway, I guess it takes all sorts? I was knocked sideways yesterday when I read the write up on the pack horse Belthorn, 8 and 9’s all the way down.

I went several months ago now and have to say it was the worst Italian food I had ever tasted, mate of mine found a piece of metal in his pasta on another occasion , than they did about the menu.

Truly awful, but the Telegraph reporter doesn’t think so….

I've been going there for years Gav, never had a bad meal or bad service. I don't go as often as I used to but I'd recommend it to anyone.

Anyone finding themselves in Skipton and needing lunch or afternoon tea I can thoroughly recommend The Wild Oat cafe. Top of the main street just near the roundabout opposite the church with the large clocktower (on left preseumes you have the church in front of you). It's 100% vegetarian, organic, non-alcoholic - all of which we only realised after we'd sat down and started drinking the delicious tea. Highly recommended really, really good food. Waitress was a bit dopey but there you go!

Skipton's a bit of a dump these days, haven't been for years but it's not what I remembered.

Anyone finding themselves in Skipton and needing lunch or afternoon tea I can thoroughly recommend The Wild Oat cafe. Top of the main street just near the roundabout opposite the church with the large clocktower (on left preseumes you have the church in front of you). It's 100% vegetarian, organic, non-alcoholic

OK but where do I get the other half of my required daily intake?