BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Eagle and Child in Leyland is under new management. Beer is good.

All day breakfast (2 eggs, 2 sausages, tomato, bacon, beans & chips) for £2.50 is excellent.

It's closing for one week for refurbishment soon. I'm not sure when.

I've previously recommended Vincent in Southport and I'm sure the food is still very good. However I was very unhappy with the place yesterday. We rolled up about 6.00pm, got a table and were given the Mother's Day set menu - £30 / 3 courses. We then asked for the A La Carte menu which we usally order from only to be told this was not available as it was Mother's Day!! Advertised on the wall above the serving hatch was the usual Sunday roast special - 3 courses / £17.95 between 12.00 - 9.30pm. Guess what was on the Mother's Day menu - roast pork and roast beef!! I asked the waitress what the difference was between the usual Sunday special and the Mother's Day special - she couldn't answer.

We left and went to a good Italian further along Lord Street. Whether we go back to Vincent remains to be seen. This was one of the most blatant rip-offs I've come across in a restaurant.

Edited by Paul

Eagle and Child in Leyland is under new management. Beer is good.

All day breakfast (2 eggs, 2 sausages, tomato, bacon, beans & chips) for £2.50 is excellent.

It's closing for one week for refurbishment soon. I'm not sure when.

If thats the style of fare they are offering and the price then it's doomed already. It's cheaper than a greasy spoon transport cafe but with bigger overheads and I cannot imagine that the turnover will improve enough on the back of it.

It's been poor for yonks and this is definitely not the way forward in a village like Hurst Green. This type of business would fare better on a major A Road within a city boundary and near a large industrial estate.

If thats the style of fare they are offering and the price then it's doomed already. It's cheaper than a greasy spoon transport cafe but with bigger overheads and I cannot imagine that the turnover will improve enough on the back of it.

It's been poor for yonks and this is definitely not the way forward in a village like Hurst Green. This type of business would fare better on a major A Road within a city boundary and near a large industrial estate.

Its in Leyland, not Hurst Green.

Been offered a 4 course meal for £25 each at somewhere called the Podium but we are taking a look at Cloud 23 before hand..

Podium is on the ground floor, I think. Not eaten there, though.

I was disappointed with Cloud 23. The cocktails were poor and over-priced. Just got the feeling that it thinks it's better then it is. I'm afraid I've lumped Podium in with Cloud 23, probably rather unfairly given that I've not been...

TBH I'm quite enjoying using Tesco clubcard rewards in Bella Italia on Deansgate, ATM!

We stayed at the Hilton for our anniversary.

If Podium is the restaurant on the ground floor (on the right as you walk in) then the food there was absolutely excellent.

Cloud 23 is worth checking out, but its very pricey - I bought a cocktail and a bottled beer and think it was £12 or thereabouts. The view is great on a clear evening though. Worth one drink only though - the bar next to the restaurant downstairs had a much better selection and was a little cheaper (but not much).

Cloud 23 is worth checking out, but its very pricey - I bought a cocktail and a bottled beer and think it was £12 or thereabouts. The view is great on a clear evening though. Worth one drink only though....

We went for the same thing - one quick drink and to admire the view. As soon as we sat down they brought over a bowl of peanuts which hadn't been asked for. It was dispatched back to them pronto as, apparently, they charge a fiver for the privelage (that was last summer,so they could have stopped that caper now). :lol:

Awesome as always is the Clog! Best pub grub around here!

The Butlers at Pleasington has moved forward over the past month or so. I think they have a new chef!

I went to the Royal Oak a week or so ago and while i really like the place, the food has started to go down hill a little. I was looking at the extensive specials board when i popped my head into the kitchen. I saw the chef tipping the contents of a microwavable dish onto the plate.

It put me off!

Edited by vintageadidas

12 of us are off to Chinatown in Manchester in May for the wife's 60th Birthday do. Any suggestions for a pub pre/post meal, within say - 10 mins walk from China Town?

Don't want stupid prices, but do want a bit of life in there. Good atmosphere more than anything.

The Grey Horse Inn on Portland Street is 5 minutes from Chinatown. It is tiny, so 12 of you will fill it though! Good atmosphere, but small. Met Dean Lennox Kelly there once. But there are tons of pubs round there though Den.

I've done the walkabout in Deansgate Ozz. Are there any decent pubs actually in Chinatown, or should we stay nearer the city centre?

Need somewhere to get the coach driver to drop us off you see.

Edit: I mean I've done the walkabout pub!

Edited by den

12 of us are off to Chinatown in Manchester in May for the wife's 60th Birthday do. Any suggestions for a pub pre/post meal, within say - 10 mins walk from China Town?

Don't want stupid prices, but do want a bit of life in there. Good atmosphere more than anything.

Seven oaks

Is this any good?