• Betnley
    • Dunn
    • Reid
    • Pedersen
    • Derbyshire
    • Santa Cruz
    • Tugay
    • McCarthy

Can someone tell me why the hell Friedel was out so far?!?! It's usually suicidal for a keeper to come out that far!

It's even more suicide for the keeper to stay in his net and give a player 20-30 yards in the clear to dribble up on you. He was trying to cut the ball off and play it out of bounds before Vaughn could get there, Vaughn and him got to the ball about the same time and didn't allow Brad to get it out of play. And that play as far as I could tell wasn't offside, even live I thought he was onside. Poor call by the linesman, but I'll take it at this point. Seems this year we've caught every team in the middle of some type of streak or resurgence.

On another note, am I the only person that feels Fernandes should have at least had a card today. He had quite a few fouls through the game, and seemed to always be in the middle causing some type of trouble. Oh and on Dunn, when he got the card, that didn't really seem a bookable offense as he never even touched the Everton player, but I guess no card on the deliberate hand ball was the make up call for that so all in all, he deserved to be on yellow at the conclusion today.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andre the dutchman. Pure class ( apart from that thunderbolt of a back pass that Brad had to head away)

And Collie, you're right about Everton playing to win. Result was fair in the end but Everton shaded it. Just glad we didn't lose.

The MOTM as annouced over the tannoy was Zurab. I've just voted for Andy Oo-yeah!

I think the Pedersen baiting is getting a bit ridiculous. People in the Blackburn end were complaining about him for stuff that just wasn't his fault.

Admittedly his form has been poor but I don't think he was that bad today today (ceratinly compared to Derbyshire), his work rate was as good as usual and he put at least a couple of decent dead balls in which is an improvement on recent weeks.

Becoming far too much of a scapegoat which won't help his confidence.

I think the Pedersen baiting is getting a bit ridiculous. People in the Blackburn end were complaining about him for stuff that just wasn't his fault.

Admittedly his form has been poor but I don't think he was that bad today today (ceratinly compared to Derbyshire), his work rate was as good as usual and he put at least a couple of decent dead balls in which is an improvement on recent weeks.

Becoming far too much of a scapegoat which won't help his confidence.

Agree about his work rate and dead balls, but his attacking options from wing positions he has to offer are limited. There was one instance today when he got the ball on the left wing with about 5 minutes left, all he had to do was put a decent ball in and somebody would have been there. But he hit the first man.

Agree about his work rate and dead balls, but his attacking options from wing positions he has to offer are limited. There was one instance today when he got the ball on the left wing with about 5 minutes left, all he had to do was put a decent ball in and somebody would have been there. But he hit the first man.

I know that was typical of how his form has been for a while but people around me in the BBE were complaining about him when Warnock played a back pass from the half way line just minutes before that and when he tried to chase down an impossible ball around the same time.

I just think he's the whipping boy for everything wrong that happens and that doesn't help.

Derbyshire needs to stay on the bench, should've bought Roberts on.

With all due respect I think your being a bit harsh on Derbs. Something which has been clearly evident on numerous occasions already this season is that he isn’t a right winger.

A footballer with his natural goal scoring ability needs to be up front, anywhere else is a waste IMO.

And those who say he is more of an impact player, not a starter, I disagree. He has shown in the past he can start games and score goals or get goal scoring opportunities. You have to remember also he hasn’t been playing that much really this season, so its hard for him to get some form going.

Derbyshire on the wing is doomed to failure because the guy is a goal poacher first and last. Call me repetitive but we have wingers in the squad desperate for a chance. It smacks of Sven's managerial masterstroke of trying to accommodate central striker Andrew Johnson on the flanks.

Hughes often talks about how useful Bentley is in a central role (in recent games he has been given licence to drift). I say - Hughes is starting to believe the Bentley hype. The guy has started to fulfill his potential by playing regularly for a steady club on the right wing. That is where he should stay. Moving him around is just going to disrupt his form and the team's.

I'm happy with a point though. Everton may have been weakened by injuries/absences but their midfield has considerable technical and passing ability and ours doesn't really. I thought they'd win.

Well from what I saw on my 55mins of Footie First, I saw a very keenly contested match with both sides going flat out to win it. I have to say that over the piece it looked like Everton were slightly the better side overall, but for me both sides played well in parts and for the rest it was a right royal scrap.

I think Dunn's booking was harsh, but then later on he deliberately handled the ball (no question at all) and for THAT alone deserved a card which of course he did not get. So that kind of evened things up. There were petty fouls a'plenty from both sides with dishonours even I would say, so nothing to complain about there. In fact I honestly think Wiley and his assistants did a fairly decent job overall considering the difficulties they had to contend with from both sides.

I think that Everton may have a case for saying they were done out of a good goal, but it was certainly difficult to tell from the TV shots of it even with the replays.

I am happy with the point in the circumstances.

Having watched football first and then MOTD I don't think there's any doubt that it was a poor call by the linesman. Johnson was well behind Vaughen, at least 3 Rovers players and the ball when it was knocked to him. Unless of course the linesman flagged because he had been offside earlier on in the move, in which case I think the linesman would still be wrong.

No point denying it. We got a lucky break. Same with their penalty appeal.

I'm not bothered whether we win or lose at present. We won't go down will we?

Again we were crap. Boring. The game was boring and dull. Dull and boring. Boring and dull. Why won't any players take someone on, try and beat them and create space.

Get crosses in and attack them.

This is the worst season I have seen since 1978-79. Thank god for David Bentley.

If Pedersen doesn't want to play football why not become a office cleaner, market trader, proffesional gay or something.

If Hughes wants football like this why not become Derren Brown and hypnotize people to sleep rather than torturing the wake.

Dull boring, boring dull. Uneventful rubbish.

I've probably seen 1500 home games or so by now and the last 6 are in the 10 worst.

Sorry but i'm fed up.

Cheer up Mr Head. First hour was pretty dull, true, with both teams playing 4-5-1 but thought last half hour was pretty decent with both sides 4-4-2 and trying to win it. One or two decent songs to lighten the atmosphere as well - "You're too fat to referee" to the chubber in the green.

you know I could not even get into watching the game today, I had it on but I paid little attention....just sort of lost all interest.

Glad someone else was feeling like me. I nearly fell asleep and spent most of the game wishing I could go back to the start of the season to watch the Rovers that had my heart pounding and leaping around like a lunatic for 90 mins. It happened briefly after Tugs came on and started spraying the ball around like the aged maestro we know he is. What the hell has happened to us?

The first 30-40 minutes were dull, but it got a lot better especially in teh second half. Of course I have to wake up especially to see the games here in Texas thanks to the 3pm start times being 9am here. Haven't missed a weekend game all season though, weekday games are a different story though being at work.

Please can we have Bentley's (not Betnley :rolleyes:) name spelt right in the poll this week? It's a tad disrespectful to keep spelling it wrong week after week.

Lads, serious question......... what incident(s) is all this Johnson is a cheat stuff come from today?

I watched the game on tv today and can't recall an incident where he took a dive or anything, and I also know that Johnson has become a victim of a media led vendetta since last season. I hope you boys aren't just swallowing this BS and pointing the finger at him for no reason.

He didn't do anything today with regards to diving, he was given a rough ride by Zurab and Ooijer all afternoon and was on the deck a lot because of this.

It must be people swallowing the media perception, as you say. No doubt the same people will be up in arms next time someone calls us 'dirty' or 'overly physical' though...

Sorry Hasta il just stop voicing my opinion on a message board if thats ok with you :rolleyes:

Oh please, don't tease us like that...

for me it was another sub standard performance and i think everton were terribly unlucky and should have got 3 pts that they would have rightfully deserved. a hybrid formation 0f 4-5-1 is unacceptable, especially when playing at home. the fans deserve a more attacking style, and this can be achieved with 4-4-2. we are unbeaten in 7 games, but the way we are plying is beginning to become unacceptable. i have never questioned anything that sparky has done since he arrived, but tactics at home games are frustrating and is not what the fans want to see. 4-5-1 at home shows a lack of confidence and the defenders only looked as good because we played 5 across the middle for almost the entire game.

Can't believe how bad we've been at home this season.

Just checked back and that's only two wins out of ten at home in all competitions, and both of those came despite very poor performances. (Newcastle and Sunderland)

I personally think hopes of a UEFA Cup place are extremely remote, but they'll be non - existent unless we can sort out our home form.

Another unacceptable home performance in which were again very lucky to gain a point from.

This has been such a dull season defined by embarassing cup exits. Mark Huughes is going to be a great manager but he has taken us as far as he can. He'll be offski at the next reasonable opportunity thanks to the parsimony of The Walker Trust.

Another lucky point at home. Everton were the better side...we had more possession than them but they created most of the best chances. They had a nailed-on penalty denied and a goal disallowed for no particular reason. We got out of jail this time...for the second home game in a row. People are slating Hughes for starting with Derbyshire (and fair enough...he was out of position) yet Benni wasted our best chance of the game by refusing to try hitting the ball with his left foot....instead he looked for a penalty instead...about 8 yards out...awful.

We need to shape up at home and quick.

What a dissappointment, the tactics reminded me of Steve Maclarens last game for England one up front high ball played upto Santa he heads it but theres no one there - just great.

What a massive dissapointment the whole of the midfield was until Tugay came on but hes no legs left in him.

Is Hughes upto the task?

Then most stupid post in some time.

The thing that's annoying me from yesterdays match is how more or less every pudit is harping on about how Dunn should've been sent off(fair enough yes he should've been).But no one seems to mention Arteta squaring up to the linesman or raising his hands to Pedersen.The first one worthy of a yellow and the second a straight red.

All in all i think we were lucky yesterday.And we should be happy with the scor line.

Lads, serious question......... what incident(s) is all this Johnson is a cheat stuff come from today?

I watched the game on tv today and can't recall an incident where he took a dive or anything, and I also know that Johnson has become a victim of a media led vendetta since last season. I hope you boys aren't just swallowing this BS and pointing the finger at him for no reason.

C'mon Collie get those toffee coloured shades off. Like so many others e.g. Young at Villa, Ronaldo, Joe Cole and the entire Arsenal team he has obviously swopped his boots for roller skates. Fast and skillful he is a handful but as soon as he senses that his marker is getting the upper hand he drops like a stone with his teammates, manager and supporters instantly screaming 'foul'. The supporters were crying 'penalty' at every opportunity so adeptly that I began to suspect that they choreograph and practice the art on long winter nights in Stanley Park. You won't see it that way of course but I don't really care. Also I like Cahill as a player but Wylie let him make a back for opposing players every time there was a ball in the air without ever seeming to spot it.

I thought the two teams reflected their managers character' perfectly today. Hughes was always full of hard work, tough, win at all costs honest enough player whilst Moyes was always a full of hard work, tough, win at all costs cheating sneaky git. Lets not forget that he learnt his trade under John Beck at Preston. Everton played well and hard but spoiled it by sneaky tactics of begging free kicks at every opportunity and unashamedly attempting to get opponents booked, and basically pressurising the ref from both on the field and off it. I dont know if its still carried out at Goodison but the last time I went there the ballboys had spare balls under their stools which were immedietely rolled to a player as soon as the ball went out of play whenever everton were behind. When Everton were in front the stools had little curtains that were pulled round to hide the ball so that a few valuable seconds were wasted whilst the ball boys retrieved the ball from the crowd and threw it a little distance from whichever player was taking the throw in. Not nice. Not in the spirit of the game but pure John Beck.

Archived