BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gazza

Legend, One of my heros.

Scorer of great goals but when he tackled the forest full back Charles his career was over then.

Hope he gets the help and makes a recovery but all his life has been about footy and hes not played for four/five years and i suppose the is no afterlife after footy if you dont want to be a manager.

the mans a waste of space, a legend in his own mind, even geordies recognise he was never even half the player the likes of beardsley and waddle were! The fella really needs to be told that no one cares so he stops acting like they should! Theres a lot of ex pros i have respect for, he ain't one!! If i were walking down the street and saw say le tiss i'd get his autograph or a photo, if i met gazza i think i'd just call him a tosser!

the mans a waste of space, a legend in his own mind, even geordies recognise he was never even half the player the likes of beardsley and waddle were! The fella really needs to be told that no one cares so he stops acting like they should! Theres a lot of ex pros i have respect for, he ain't one!! If i were walking down the street and saw say le tiss i'd get his autograph or a photo, if i met gazza i think i'd just call him a tosser!

A bit harsh isnt it. The guy was an excellent player. While never the model professional there is no way anyone (apart from you it seems) can doubt what he could do with a football.

Scorer of great goals but when he tackled the forest full back Charles his career was over then.

Give over.

His career wasn't what it should have been (if he'd signed for Fergie instead of El tel he'd have been better off), but no way was his career over at the age of 23. there were plenty of good times after that.

I'm sorry but that's just one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on here.

Gazza would probaly call you a tosser as well and after reading your post he would be right.

Give over.

His career wasn't what it should have been (if he'd signed for Fergie instead of El tel he'd have been better off), but no way was his career over at the age of 23. there were plenty of good times after that.

Read his autobiograghy he said he never fulfilled his potencial because of that stupid tackle. And he regretted jumping in to it.

I think Gazza has been one of the most charismatic players of the past 30 years and he will always be remembered as a wonderful footballing talent. Yes, he's made plenty of mistakes (who hasn't?), but it's just that his have been magnified because of his status in the media. How can anyone take the p*ss out of him when he's obviously in a bad way is beyond me!

Loads of ifs and buts about his career (not signing for Utd and that tackle that ruined his career being the obvious ones) but it was just meant to be like that. Give the guy a break and English football would've been much poorer without him!

Get well soon, Gazza lad!

Still the most talented footballer ENgland produced for fifteen years. Only Rooney can touch him for me.

Shame he threw it away, and I guess he is a complete idiot. But you cannot accuse him of not being a sensational player.

Yeah, it's sad that people can be so spiteful towards one of the most entertaining English footballers, but I suppose not everyone remembers what an impact Gascoigne had in the late 80s and early 90s. After the 1990 World Cup, he pretty much was English football.

Grow up will you. Idiot.

Gazza was one of the most skillful players England has ever produced. Ultimately his demons have gotten the better of him. That FA Cup final tackle did ruin him in a footballing sense as he was on the cusp of glory but never managed to carry on where he left off once he returned. Mind you a dodgy move to Lazio with Glenn Roeder as a minder didn't help him either.

Archived