BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Last Game

SAS

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If one more person says "we are doing well for a club of our size" I'll punch them in their face.

Doesn't matter how big our town is, or how many supporters turn up, it matters the quality of player we have on the pitch and YET AGAIN these players have not shown up when it matters.

Our players aren't that good quality though. Gamst, Reid, Roberts, Dunn, an ageing Tugay, post-injury Nelsen...they're really not that good. Yes we could get better players who we could rely upon to be more consistent but that would cost more money which we don't have.

You can't look down our matchday squad and say it's any better than any of the 6 teams who will finish above us this season.

Clearly our side have shown up enough times this season or we wouldnt be in the position we're currently in. Every game matters - this isn't a cup it's a league.

Wish my fantasy team was full of boro players, 7 now.

OMG rovers are so rubbish, I hope Hughes for once tells it like it is the post match press conference and doesn't defend a hopeless performance. Rubbish rubbish rubbish.... and gutless.

Our players aren't that good quality though. Gamst, Reid, Roberts, Dunn, an ageing Tugay, post-injury Nelsen...they're really not that good. Yes we could get better players who we could rely upon to be more consistent but that would cost more money which we don't have.

You can't look down our matchday squad and say it's any better than any of the 6 teams who will finish above us this season.

Clearly our side have shown up enough times this season or we wouldnt be in the position we're currently in. Every game matters - this isn't a cup it's a league.

It's as good as Villa's. As good as Everton's. Miles better than Birmingham who have outclassed us today. Hughes is inept when it comes to everything apart from buying and selling players. Anyone who dislikes United should hope that he takes him off of our hands.

What the hell were we doing there? We must strengthen the defence in the Summer as a first priority, we have given away some ridiculous goals this season, still managing to finish 7th is a minor miracle.

If one more person says "we are doing well for a club of our size" I'll punch them in their face.

Doesn't matter how big our town is, or how many supporters turn up, it matters the quality of player we have on the pitch and YET AGAIN these players have not shown up when it matters.

I wasn't (mainly) referring to club reputation, town size or average gates when I was claiming we're punching well above our weight; I was first and foremost referring to the fact that we've spent a couple of pence on players, and Spuds, Hammers, Pompey, City, even Sunderland and Fulham etc. have spent twatloads.

just...I don't know what to say. The fact is we should not have allowed this to happen and there are some pretty serious big inadequates in the commitment of our players.

and west ham have just equalized.

I know I said it wouldn't matter, but to be perfectly honest this is going to sting for a while.

West Ham have scored. :angry2:

Spineless, gutless, clueless...Europe was there but we just couldn't be bothered to take it. Birmingham knew they had nothing to play for when Reading we're 2-0 up but we still couldn't do anything.

People complained on here how this game was talked about by the media with us having nothing to play for, well obviously the players felt exactly the same. Santa Cruz apart, I couldn't give a toss who leaves the club this summer, Hughes included.

It's as good as Villa's. As good as Everton's. Miles better than Birmingham who have outclassed us today. Hughes is inept when it comes to everything apart from buying and selling players. Anyone who dislikes United should hope that he takes him off of our hands.

It's really not, which is why they have both finished above us in the league. We have very little depth to compensate for injuries and/or loss of form.

Absolutely gutted with today's results. Shipping four goals to an inferior, dispirited and now relegated Birmingham team is absolutely unacceptable. Serious changes are needed.

I'm also completely sickened by United's win. Being entirely indebted to the incompetence of their rivals leaves a very sour taste. ****ing scum.

Archived