BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Last Game

SAS

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eddie, we are doing well for a club of our size.

I was all set to be upset about this result, but then I saw Man City's score and it feels good to know that if any team is best at pushing that self destruct button, it's them...

Not a bad season in all, could have been better for us, but not worth getting annoyed about considering our laughable lack of resources.

PS, are Man City not now top of the fair play league due to the red card and not eligable for the extra UEFA place?

Pathetic performance. Baffling substitutions (The right players came on, but the wrong ones went off).

But as with every time we lose people overract. Suddenly all our players are useless, Hughes is useless etc... We got more points than last season, and would've been in Europe if the cup finals had looked like they usually do. In other words, a pretty good season. Of course we should strengthen in the summer, but it's not like we need a whole new team.

EDIT: Only player I'm happy with today is Emerton.

It's as good as Villa's. As good as Everton's. Miles better than Birmingham who have outclassed us today. Hughes is inept when it comes to everything apart from buying and selling players. Anyone who dislikes United should hope that he takes him off of our hands.

I would say it isn't as good as Villa's or Everton's. Which of our players would get into Villa's current starting XI? I would say Santa, Bentley, Friedel and maybe Warnock (Bouma is a good player though). Which of ours would get into Everton's? Friedel, Warnock, Santa and Bentley again. We're lacking in quality in centre midfield in particular.

Get some perspective, we've spent less than the teams around us and have improved our points, improved our position by three places and would be in Europe if we weren't so unlucky with the results in the cups.

Eddie, we are doing well for a club of our size.

I was all set to be upset about this result, but then I saw Man City's score and it feels good to know that if any team is best at pushing that self destruct button, it's them...

Not a bad season in all, could have been better for us, but not worth getting annoyed about considering our laughable lack of resources.

PS, are Man City not now top of the fair play league due to the red card and not eligable for the extra UEFA place?

Size doesn't matter when you step out onto the pictch. Size matters in the transfer market, in finances, not in football play. Through good work our squad is better than our size should allow, but our squad then goes out and vastly underperforms whenever it matters. On that basis I can't accept that the size issue is an excuse.

West Ham have scored. :angry2:

(Please don't use that word again) sake - this is absolutely unbelievable. I cannot for the life of me understand our defending. Why the hell did we give up? Totally, utterly unacceptable.

People are quick to forget that we've actually done quite well lately.

Yes, this was a horrible performance against a relegated Brum team, and I do admit that it was a crap end to our season, but the season as a whole has been good, better than last year's. No one called for Hughes' head then.

(Please don't use that word again) sake - this is absolutely unbelievable. I cannot for the life of me understand our defending. Why the hell did we give up? Totally, utterly unacceptable.

absolutely agree mate...it looked like we gave up too and even looked like for the whole game, that we had no interest at all and believed that we couldn't make intertoto...rediculous.

Archived