BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Last Game

SAS

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I was getting the tingly nervous feeling about this one I remembered feeling ahead of play-off games and a certain afternoon in May 1995!

Since losing at home to Chelsea in January, Brum have been doing well at St Andrews including draws with Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool, win against City and a 4-1 thrashing of Spurs (just in case anyone thinks the 6 goal difference swing in favour of Man City is impossible dumping us in 9th).

This game is all about Rovers- if Sparky has us motivated to defend effectively, compete in midfield andretain posession the way we can; we should win. Brum have problems with their two centre backs but we need to take our chances.

We don't want to go behind as they will believe they are supermen and St Andrews will get extremely intimidating.

As for pubs to drink in- I'd suggest any pub in the Aston district is likely to be friendly given their love for their bluenosed rivals!

I get the feeling that this game could decide whether Bentley stays or goes. We get into Europe - Bentley probably stays as there's not many Champions League options. We don't and I could see Bentley going - yes Spurs finished below us but they won silverware this season, have more potential to succeed and will be in Europe next season.

I get the feeling that this game could decide whether Bentley stays or goes. We get into Europe - Bentley probably stays as there's not many Champions League options. We don't and I could see Bentley going - yes Spurs finished below us but they won silverware this season, have more potential to succeed and will be in Europe next season.

I think you're spot on TGM.

Over here the game will be aired after the other games finish (3 games live, but not this one). So it's either watching one of those games, watching the drama (Both for us and at the bottom) unfold in real time with Rovers highlights at the break, or avoiding all news and watching the game later.

I had a dream last night.

Brum 4-1 Rovers - Rovers went one nil up.

Villa draw 1-1 with West Ham.

Both United and Chelsea draw one all.

We shall see...

Being serious, I had a similar dream (or more like nightmare) earlier in the week.

I was just about to mention this Uddersfelt Blue we have Virgin cable and unfortunately you cannot use the red button. So I have to sit with my Man Ure supporting housemate and watch that game instead. :closedeyes:

Go to the pub to watch it.... :wacko::wacko:

I'm pretty confident that we'll win tomorrow and that Villa won't so it's off to the Distillary for us this summer. Can't work out who I'm up for in the title decider. Hopefully they will both lose horribly with a few sendings off and be docked points for their bad behaviour. Similarly with the CL FInal.

We shall see...

Go back to dreaming Rovers losing to Huddersfield in 2001 and not getting promotion. ;)

We shall see...

Why did you feel the need to share this dream with us? My evening and happy anticipation of tomorrow's match is ruined .................... :angry: Cheers.

Fans going to brum and sitting in the home area beware. If your caught you will be arrested and will be subject to a football banning order.

vrum expect a volatile atmosphere and will not tolerate away fans in home areas.

You have been warned

yep...take care , the Brum fans are dogs and are more suited to a zoo or high security prison. Don't wear colours on the way to and from the stadium, and keep your gob shut if in the home ends.

Animals...beware and treat with caution.

Lets stuff them on the pitch!!

C"MON ROVERS !!

If we play our best we should me more than enough for Brum, however much they want it. Everyone should be up for this. We'll need some luck in the Villa game, but even if we don't get it we've done a great job this season.

ee, it's exciting!

According to the BBC, 67% of Brum's goals have come from set pieces- the highest proportion of any club in the EPL. Hopefully, we've been working on defending these and Sparky doesn't do any substitutions just before one.

Lets go for the win and if we get Europe thats a bonus.

I have a feeling the game will be close, perhaps a 1-0. Birmingham need to win so they will come at us, which should leave gaps and space for us to exploit. If we play to our ability and current form i believe we will have too much firepower for them to handle.

Anyone watching Sunday Supplement on Sky right now?

One of the journalists on the panel said "I think Birmingham have the hardest task. If I was them the last team I would want to come to St Andrews, other than an Man United or an Arsenal, is Blackburn Rovers. They will not lie down - they do not know the meaning of lying down"

Made me glow with pride a little, great to hear journalists saying something good for a change.

Anyone watching Sunday Supplement on Sky right now?

One of the journalists on the panel said "I think Birmingham have the hardest task. If I was them the last team I would want to come to St Andrews, other than an Man United or an Arsenal, is Blackburn Rovers. They will not lie down - they do not know the meaning of lying down"

Made me glow with pride a little, great to hear journalists saying something good for a change.

I expect that he'll find himself covering Conference matches next season for that! :rolleyes:

Archived