BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Race To The Premiership

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly ever see Fizzy pop football so it was an eye-opener.

Great to hear all the old songs and the commentators and summariser were way better than anything you hear on Premiership games.

Both teams are a long way short of Premiership quality. What is all the fuss about Moses and Soares?

Adebola running through the Rovers defence for Coventry was deservedly mentioned- he was a handful but Rovers need an absolute kicking- still - for what happened that day.

Was I glad when Noble smacked in that winner though after Palace played Glad all Over after the Palace pen equaliser- nearly twenty years on and the horrible memories came back just like it was happening all over again when I heard that. :angry2::angry:

Good news re Hull- at least we are only getting Stoke who are reputed to play route one coming up.

From the BBC-

1234: No team has ever turned over a two-goal deficit in the play-off semi-finals. So says Steve Froggatt on BBC Radio 5 Live anyway. I'm sure you'll let me know if that's wrong.

Where do the BBC dredge up such fundamentally uninformed "exspurts" from?

Incidentally just seen Watford's disallowed goal- what a diabolical decision by the ref- plus Watford should have had a penalty.

The Boothroyd Bandwagon written off?

Okay, he still got them to the play-offs but they limped horribly to the end and some of his signings just don't impress me at all. Having said that, there's still another leg - for them to get to the Prem and get walloped something horrible for 38 games...

From the BBC-

1234: No team has ever turned over a two-goal deficit in the play-off semi-finals. So says Steve Froggatt on BBC Radio 5 Live anyway. I'm sure you'll let me know if that's wrong.

Where do the BBC dredge up such fundamentally uninformed "exspurts" from?

Wrong, as I suspect Bradford and Donkey Lashers fans will remember. It's a while ago but I remember cos I was living on the edge of Bradford at the time. Blackpool won the first leg of a play off semi 2-0 at Bradford only to get beaten 3-0 at home a few days later. It's getting a bit warm in this anorak.

What about Yeovil v Forest last season? I am sure ther ewere plenty of goals in that game as well at Forest in the second leg.

Yep, Forest were 2-0 from the first leg and blew it at home.

Philip, i dont think our game with Derby counts as i think they meant a 2 goal deficit at the end of the first leg.

I want either Bristol City or Hull to go up. Both would be new teams in the top division, and it would mean both myself and my dad could be an hours train/drive or so away from watching Rovers. Hopefully Plymouth will go up next season ;).

Six points guaranteed for us too! Derby's record may only be intact for twelve months!

Have to say these play-offs are the only time I've seen the fizzy pop lot and the gulf to Prem teams is rather evident.

Bristol City doing their best to get Palace into the Play-off final (losing 0-1 to a nonsense miscommunication between keeper and defender) whilst I think Nicko's bet on a sending off is looking pretty safe- do they pay out in sent off officials in which case he's already quids in?

Palace and Hull are the only teams I have seen who might give it a bit of a go if they went up (and I saw their defeat at home to Bris). Bristol City and Watford would just get picked off the way they give posession away.

Really? I think the keeper should have saved it myself.

Wow. Just because a goalkeeper touches the ball doesn't mean he should have saved it. We've been completely spoiled by Brad. I thought it was an excellent goal, not much that Speroni could have done about it.

Bristol City...novelty value really as they haven´t been in donkeys years.

Palace...crap ground, tosser fans, never forgive them or Courtney for ´89 and Warnock is a **¨^*!

Would prefer Hull out of all the four teams in the playoffs. Again it would be a new face and I guess they would probably bring more support to Ewood than the other teams being nearer so better for Rovers and their cash tills.

Archived