BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Race To The Premiership

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no Leeds fan but Gary McAllister is one of the good guys so I'm glad for him.

Some encouraging displays from individuals on both sides. Two well taken goals by the boy Howson and young Kieron Westwood for Carlisle looks a tremendous keeper.

You have to expect Leeds to go up now.

The Championship (2nd Division) will have hardly any small town teams in it next season. Blackpool, Preston, Burnley and Barnsley will be the only places with under 150,000 populations. Will have to fancy Swansea, Forest and Leeds to stay up so who will be going down?

Not sure if this is the most appropriate thread to put this, but an interesting article by John Nicholson on F365. I'd rather be where we are now, fighting for the European places, but he still has a valid point, especially when he talks about how a well run team wouldn't be hurt too badly by going down.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...3555207,00.html

There also has to be big potential for a bristol team if they get into the Prem. Fair enough it is a rugby city but really the potential is enormous. Nearest decent team is probably in the Cardiff, so a huge local population in the SW of England to tap into.

Both City and Rover have been in the top tier before decades ago (I think) but with the added galmour and coverage that Premier League now has Bristol City

might be able to bring in bigger crowds. If they do come up it will be more than likely just to go back down again, but Bristol is the only major city in the England without a serious football market.

http://www.hullcc.gov.uk/portal/page?_page...;_schema=PORTAL

"...In the 2001 census, Hull’s population was recorded as 253,400...Hull has experienced a sustained population decline over the over the last few decades. Between 1991 and 2001 the population fell by 5.3 per cent, mainly through people leaving the city..."

Very sharp those local government pundits in Hull... :rolleyes:

There also has to be big potential for a bristol team if they get into the Prem. Fair enough it is a rugby city but really the potential is enormous. Nearest decent team is probably in the Cardiff, so a huge local population in the SW of England to tap into.

Both City and Rover have been in the top tier before decades ago (I think) but with the added galmour and coverage that Premier League now has Bristol City

might be able to bring in bigger crowds. If they do come up it will be more than likely just to go back down again, but Bristol is the only major city in the England without a serious football market.

Does Geoff Merrick still play for Bristol City? ;)

The number of stickers/bubble gum cards I seemed to have with him on as a kid defied belief. Him and chuffin' Eddie Gray at Leeds.

Strange how things stick so vidily in the memory 30 years on.

http://www.hullcc.gov.uk/portal/page?_page...;_schema=PORTAL

"...In the 2001 census, Hull’s population was recorded as 253,400...Hull has experienced a sustained population decline over the over the last few decades. Between 1991 and 2001 the population fell by 5.3 per cent, mainly through people leaving the city..."

Very sharp those local government pundits in Hull... :rolleyes:

Out of all the teams coming up, Stoke have the most potential in terms of ability to fill there ground and to expand it in the future.

They have a huge catchment area 450,000+ and the nearest Premiership clubs are 40 odd miles away. Additionally unlike Bristol or Hull,it is a traditional football area.

Out of all the teams coming up, Stoke have the most potential in terms of ability to fill there ground and to expand it in the future.

They have a huge catchment area 450,000+ and the nearest Premiership clubs are 40 odd miles away. Additionally unlike Bristol or Hull,it is a traditional football area.

Most of whom are chav's; single mum's on income support or are absent at the behest of Her Majesty's Prison Service...

Trust me Hull in particular is far bigger ****hole. Newcastle under Lyme, Trentham, Keele, Madeley are very nice places

Stokes fans are stuck in the seventies, expect much trouble when they come to town. The Premier League could have done without them coming up.

Congatulations to Hull City.

Trust me Hull in particular is far bigger ****hole. Newcastle under Lyme, Trentham, Keele, Madeley are very nice places

Actually, Blackburn and Darwen is a far bigger ****hole too.

Yes I have very fond memories of doing my first degree in Hull and I am pleased to see the Tigers getting promotion to the Premier League. Although there has been monstrous waste of the KC money, Hull has steadily been improving and it too has lots of lovely places around it in the same way as Stoke has.

Good to see evidence of you reading other people's posts BNSG- makes a nice change. Keep up the improvement!

Yes I have very fond memories of doing my first degree in Hull and I am pleased to see the Tigers getting promotion to the Premier League. Although there has been monstrous waste of the KC money, Hull has steadily been improving and it too has lots of lovely places around it in the same way as Stoke has.

Good to see evidence of you reading other people's posts BNSG- makes a nice change. Keep up the improvement!

Smug is the word :rolleyes:

iv lived most my life in Hull and it is not a bad place. Think a bad lot of you will realise that if you follow Rovers there next season. Two top flight rugby teams, one premiership team, top 10 uni, a load of investment in the area and after the floods of last summer, its still going strong. Bolton, Salford, Oldham, Bury, Blackburn, etc are far bigger * * * * holes than Hull! Congrats, to my homecity's team, i'm looking forward to watching Rovers destroy them next season.

Archived