BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contrasting comments from Sunderland and Arsenal about wage structures.

Wages are going to be the determinants of who Rovers get this summer every bit as much as the transfer fees. As wages are even less transparent than non-disclosed transfer fees, fans are going to be even more in the dark and more frustrated as they try to pay CM with the real thing.

Not sure which thread it should go in but this seems as good as any: Which of our players are out of contract this summer? I know Tugay is, I'm pretty sure Henchoz is as well, as I would think Enckelman is? Who else? Berner? And I'd guess some of the youngsters.

I totally agree. McFadden's reputation grew mainly out of his heroics for Scotland. I might be wrong, but he never seemed to do anything that special and the only reason that he moved to Birmingham, was because McGleish was his coach in the Scotland team. I'd stay well clear.

Don't rate Mc Fadden, if he was any good he'd still be at Everton. Managing football teams is easy, you start with decent players and you gradually replace them with good players, then you replace the good players with great players. Always get better players than than the ones you have already got. Mc Fadden isn't any better than the strikers we've already got ( even Pedersen ).

Managing football teams on Football Manager is easy, you start with decent players and you gradually replace them with good players, then you replace the good players with great players.

Just thought I'd fix that for you.

If McFadden was available for a knock-down price (somewhere around £2 million) then I'd definitely be interested, especially in a 4-2-3-1 formation because he'd fit perfectly on the left side of that formation. However, Birmingham won't let their best players go for small fees, they showed that last time they went down.

Have we got some talented 16 year old, one of those random teamtalk style sourceless rumour pages quotes arsenal steal rovers 16 year old irish ace! where do u find out about rovers kids want to see if there is any basis!

I'm not saying Rovers should move for him but a decent shout for a Premiership club would be Sylvain Ebanks-Blake.

He's banged goals in for fun at both Plymouth and Wolves - neither of which are the best sides in their division. He moved to Wolves for 1.5 mill in January but, now that they aren't in the play-offs, could be tempted away.

Reminds me of Dean Ashton or Darren Bent. English and scoring goals for fun at Championship level. When you think how much Chopra and Nugent went for, if you could get him for a decent fee he could prove to be a good buy.

Like I say he's probably not the kind of player we need to be looking at to push on, but it would be a good move for a Bolton or Sunderland maybe.

It's an interesting call but two things concern me :

(a) he has been quite prolific - but not exactly the stuff of Kevin Phillips at Sunderland or Nathan Ellington at Wigan? Which makes me ask, is he just a Darren Webber?

(B.) His stock is very high, so his price would be steep.

Another name to throw in the mix but which I have seen mentioned before - Emre. What's the score with him at Newcastle? I'm sure he'd be available if the right bid came in because he hasn't exactly been consistent for Newcastle. However, in a stable team, I think he'd be very, very good. Wages would be prohibitive, perhaps.

Ebanks- Blake looks handy to me, certainly a cut above Championship level. I'd say a better finisher than Roberts, faster, but not quite as strong. I'd chance a swap.

Emre, he's a real class act, I'd carry him on my back to Ewood from St james, slight doubt about his work ethic but he's exactly the type of clever ball player we need. Would he want to stay in England ? don't think so. Would he come to Ewood ? doubt it.

Re my earlier remarks- football's a simple game, it's just that some people like to complicate it. Would Emre be an improvement on Robbie Savage ? how many milli seconds would you like to think about it ?

Ebanks- Blake looks handy to me, certainly a cut above Championship level. I'd say a better finisher than Roberts, faster, but not quite as strong. I'd chance a swap.

Emre, he's a real class act, I'd carry him on my back to Ewood from St james, slight doubt about his work ethic but he's exactly the type of clever ball player we need. Would he want to stay in England ? don't think so. Would he come to Ewood ? doubt it.

Re my earlier remarks- football's a simple game, it's just that some people like to complicate it. Would Emre be an improvement on Robbie Savage ? how many milli seconds would you like to think about it ?

The problem with Newcastle players are the fabulous wages they are on.

I'm sure many would like to run away from King Kev's Circus but Emre will be on more dosh than anyone at Ewood...

Someone we should be looking at if Bentley leaves and Brum are relegated is Sebastian Larsson. Not at Bentley's level yet, but good delivery and a very good set piece taker. The last ex-Arsenal winger we signed turned out pretty good, so why not try again? ;)

Maybe Tugay could put in a good word for us. I agree that Emre's wages are likely to be astronomical (remember Sven's little slip about Michael Owen's wages). However, if he was offered a stable, up and coming club, working under a excellent young manager alongside international teammates and Tugay's recommendation - who knows, he might take a cut!

Archived