SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yer thats a good idea!!

its a shame we dont have a huge investor coming in with the millions of pounds,

I think we have gone as far as possible with little money its time to invest some real money!

Nicko who is usually quite accurate has stated we have around 10m to spend in the summer at present.

I really do think it would be wise to stay well clear of Kewell. The guy has managed a handful of appearances in the last three or four seasons. He would be on big wages and it just isn't worth the gamble.

Depends on what the Physios say. We have been reasonably successful getting injured players back on track (Cruz, Dunn, Bellamy, Reid), and Liverpool's massive squad means that he has been forced to the edges more than otherwise might be likely.

He is an outstanding player available for nothing. We have to have a look, if it doesn't seem right let it go.

Um, I did manage to dig this up though.... Injury hell

But then to compare....

Bellamy

Dunn

Depends on what the Physios say. We have been reasonably successful getting injured players back on track (Cruz, Dunn, Bellamy, Reid), and Liverpool's massive squad means that he has been forced to the edges more than otherwise might be likely.

He is an outstanding player available for nothing. We have to have a look, if it doesn't seem right let it go.

Not sure he still is an outstanding player. He just seems to have lost something, a bit like Duff.

Not sure if this has been mentioned.

Steven Pienaar

"At this stage, no," he added. "I have enjoyed my time here. But the clock is ticking for me because I have a maximum transfer fee of £2.2m in my contract with Dortmund that is only valid until 30 April."

"I cannot allow this deadline to expire because this is a transfer fee that is affordable to a number of clubs, particularly in the Premier League."

Not a bad buy at all at that price, especially given his improvement for Everton over his loan spell.

Not sure if this has been mentioned.

Steven Pienaar

Not a bad buy at all at that price, especially given his improvement for Everton over his loan spell.

Surely we must be looking at this. The only surprising thing is that Everton haven't already done the deal.

I think that price is only for Evertons loan agreement - nobody else. Surely they would want alot more from anyone else.

As for the comments by Joey_big_nose - are you mad?? Sell McCarthy & Roberts and only get 1 in?? So that leaves us with Cruz, Derbyshire and 1 striker we sign. Thats not good enough!

I think that price is only for Evertons loan agreement - nobody else. Surely they would want alot more from anyone else.

The news story says that he only has a clause releasing him for that amount until April 30, so he's trying to find a club that will pay it before it expires. So no, it doesn't just apply to Everton.

Its the bit that says "A clause in Pienaar's loan contract allows him to leave Dortmund for £2.2m but that arrangement is due to expire at the end of the month" which confuses the story. Surely it is just a clause in his contract then, not his loan contract as that is only between Dormund & Everton.

Its the bit that says "A clause in Pienaar's loan contract allows him to leave Dortmund for £2.2m but that arrangement is due to expire at the end of the month" which confuses the story. Surely it is just a clause in his contract then, not his loan contract as that is only between Dormund & Everton.

From what he has said then i think it is a general clause in his contract that expires on 30th April and not exclusive to Everton, otherwise there would be no point in him advertising the fact he is available at that price ;)

There's nothing confusing about it.

As for the comments by Joey_big_nose - are you mad?? Sell McCarthy & Roberts and only get 1 in?? So that leaves us with Cruz, Derbyshire and 1 striker we sign. Thats not good enough!

I was working on the basis that we would have Kewell and Bentley who can also play up front. That would not be a bad set of strikers (5 in total). If we had one more it would be difficult to see when we would need to play him.

I would much rather get one very very good striker than two okay ones.

Hopefully Benni Mac and Mok have had a word or two with Steven...get him signed Sparky. Would be an ideal signing given our current weakness in central midfield with pace and creativity.

How about bringing back Bellamy in summer or maybe a move for Ashton??

I think Bellamy is finished as a viable option, he hasn't played much this season and i don't think his injuries are going to stop coming.

Ashton would be an amazing buy, but i don't think he would work well with Rocky and WHU would be very reluctant to sell.

I never thought I'd be advocating a Spurs reject, but I really like the look of Hossam Ghaly. I hadn't seen anything of him until the last few weeks, but I reckon he's exactly the sort of creative influence we could do with and would be available for relatively cheap. I'd have him over Huddlestone anyway.

I've said it before, but I'd also love us to go for James McFadden, were Brum to go down. He is ten times the player MGP is.

I'd also like us to look at Jimmy Bullard. That Zarate kid looks pretty special, so I guess a lot of clubs will be in for him.

Yeah not long ago there was rumours that he was unhappy there.

Another dig at a post of mine - whats up, did Pompey fail to win??

It's sometimes hard not to, you seem to live on a different planet at times.

And no Pompey didn't win, but that was funny. Did you think that up yourself?

I never thought I'd be advocating a Spurs reject, but I really like the look of Hossam Ghaly. I hadn't seen anything of him until the last few weeks, but I reckon he's exactly the sort of creative influence we could do with and would be available for relatively cheap. I'd have him over Huddlestone anyway.

I've said it before, but I'd also love us to go for James McFadden, were Brum to go down. He is ten times the player MGP is.

I'd also like us to look at Jimmy Bullard. That Zarate kid looks pretty special, so I guess a lot of clubs will be in for him.

All three players you've mentioned would be good arrivals, but all 3 collectively would probably cost us between £7m an £10m. If we have that amount I personally would like us to spend it all on one special (or as special as you can get for that money) midfielder, as I feel that is where we are at. Evertone spent years building a solid team, then started adding just one expensive and one cheap/freeby every season.

Archived