BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rather than Huddlestone, I'd like to see Teemu Tainio become a Rover. Spurs would sell, probably, as he is only a squad player but it'd be a question of whther he'd be prepared to move North.

If this came from anyone else I would look at the today's date an laugh. Tainio, not in a million years!

Djibril Cisse has always looked the part, fast, strong, powerful and scored a bag full of goals for Auxurre. But he has never reproduced his form from those days and rarely finds the net for Marseille. Nothing makes me believe that he could do it for us.

Except watching him when he came on as a sub against England. For the time he was on the field he looked pretty, maybe even very, good.

Be nice to have someone with that kind of pace again.

If this came from anyone else I would look at the today's date an laugh. Tainio, not in a million years!

Okay, I have to say, that was a rather tenuous suggestion. Tainio's always struck me as a tidy central midfielder who, if he broke out of Spurs squad shuffle and played regular for a team, could be a useful player. I must admit, though, he has not exactly been special for Spurs.

With your Scandinavian expertise, I bow to your superior knowledge. Is Tainio that bad a player...?

From telegraph, sounds like made up load of balls. But if there is the slightest truth in it any ideas toward cisse and keweel can be forgotten! Darren Bent :wacko:

I would imagine Kewell is on a contract from a few years back when he was more highly rated and Cisse is a case of them having to pick up his wages from Liverpool if they wanted him, even with a couple of broken legs.

Except watching him when he came on as a sub against England. For the time he was on the field he looked pretty, maybe even very, good.

Be nice to have someone with that kind of pace again.

Yep I think pace is an absolute must for us in the summer. Maybe Dwain Chambers would be up for it if he doesn't settle in the jungle.

However we do need a quick forward player, I say forward player as an 'out an out' stiker is not a must. But a forward player like Bellemy/Defo would be great. We very rarely seem to have anyone getting in behind defences and its something we really miss as I feel our slow build up player is easy to break down when we are not performing to well.

Pickings from the relegation fodder are slim so maybe another overseas option would be wise again.

Scandinavia is Sweden, Denmark and Norway. Finland is not part of it geographically, but as Finland was part of Sweden for 600 years there are historical reasons one might include it. "The Nordic Countries" however encompasses all four countries, as well as Iceland.

Sorry for the OT, but there's no reason why this site can't be educational in more aspects than football,right? ;)

Of course not. Some will be needed for the wages of the incoming players.

But it's the financial reality of any club with too small a fanbase and no sugar daddy that not all incoming transfer money can be spent again, some of it needs to go back to plug holes in the books.

Scandinavia is Sweden, Denmark and Norway. Finland is not part of it geographically, but as Finland was part of Sweden for 600 years there are historical reasons one might include it. "The Nordic Countries" however encompasses all four countries, as well as Iceland.

Sorry for the OT, but there's no reason why this site can't be educational in more aspects than football,right? ;)

On South Park last week they said that Denmark is the Canada of Europe.

I did not know that. Thanks :tu:

I think who we bring in will have a lot to do with who we can keep and who we can get rid off. we need to get rid of some of the dead wood were carrying at the moment eg: Henchoz, Gallagher, Berner etc. get these off our wage bill for a start!

that that situation does arise hughesy, then do you really think that jw is gonna allow sparky to have all of 25M to spend opn transfers?

I don't see why not. But it would actually be difficult to blow all that money sensibly. In a way its better to hang onto it and properly reasearch your targets a la Moyes at Everton post Rooney. If you splurge then you can get in a lot of rubbish and unsettle the squad. This is Spur's and Newcastle's problem.

Just for the fun of it, if Bentley stays and we have ten million - then offload Mccarthy for 4m (I don't think we will get five and he will force his way out) and Roberts for 2.5m (I think he will want to go as he knows he won't be first choice) giving us a total of 16.5m and room on our wage bill I would like to see these guys come in:

Kewell (if he passes medical and takes a wage cut. Depends who comes into sign him of course)- Free

Huddlestone (6m - likely to be surplus at Spurs it seems)

A really quick quality striker (6-8m)- Farfan/Cisse

Providing Vogel cuts the mustard and Nelsen rehabilitates that's all we need. You could argue for a right back but I am reasonably happy with Emerton and Ooijer. If someone was available who is high quality and young (a la Warnock) we could go in for him. Maybe Hoyte? We could settle him like Bentley and he could come cheap.

If Bentley goes it could be tricky as there are no obvious players out there to replace him for the right money. Maybe Farfan, or Valencia if Wigan let him go which I doubt they will for reasonable money. The likes of Pennant and Lennon will be enormously over priced.

Only other thing is if someone comes in with a half decent offer for MGP, say 4-5m, then we need to look to sell. A great workhorse, a good goal scorer, but a serious problem for us in an attacking sense. Lacks the ability to play a killer pass and the pace to be consistently useful.

Archived