BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I firmly believe that if a player of a high standard becomes available you must do everything you can, assuming he is within budget. Saha's wages may be an issue, transfer fee is a difficult one to guage. If we got £3m for Roberts and bought Saha for £6m that would be the best £3m net we'd spend this Summer.

How old is he?

Saha is 30 in August. (DOB 08/08/78)

Isn't it likely ManUre would want to recoup most of the 12m they paid for him?

They wouldn't get anywhere near 12m for a man approaching 30 with his injury record.

As for Anelka - if we could get him for 8m - I'd sell Bentley tomorrow for 15m.

There are only four players from the relegated clubs I'd like to see us approach if the price was right:

Giles Barnes (Derby)

James McFadden (B'ham) Would give the inconsistent Pedersen a kick up rear

James Harper (Reading)

Leroy Lita (Reading) - An ideal scenario would be Roberts out & Lita in, young & quick

Only others are Shorey & Kitson, but we have Warnock at left back & enough strikers who are better than Kitson.

I am with Hughsey on this one. Kapo is the sort of player who could revel in the Rovers side.

For me, an alternative to Bentley could be Larsson of Brum.

Right back could be Stephen Kelly (Brum)

Centre back Ridgewell (Brum)

Imagine the uproar though if Rovers stripped them of these assets ! :rolleyes:

I am with Hughsey on this one. Kapo is the sort of player who could revel in the Rovers side.

For me, an alternative to Bentley could be Larsson of Brum.

Right back could be Stephen Kelly (Brum)

Centre back Ridgewell (Brum)

Imagine the uproar though if Rovers stripped them of these assets ! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure on Ridgewell, he seems to do well and then does something amazingly stupid.

Kapo started the season well and then went missing when birmingham needed him most, but it was his first season in the premiership.

Kelly has looked pretty good and may not be a bad shout if and when we start a search for a rb.

As for the Larsson comment, i would be over the moon to see him in a rovers shirt. A lot more happy than i would be with Pennant.

Christ, thats altered my opinion. £5m, not a penny more.

What do people think about Farfan can play in both midfield and up front, you tube clip of him looks pretty good and we have been previously linked with him as he is waited for a club to sign him!!!!!!

What do people think about Farfan can play in both midfield and up front, you tube clip of him looks pretty good and we have been previously linked with him as he is waited for a club to sign him!!!!!!

Awesome player but I don't think we could play him on the left in a 442 (too attacking), but in a 4231 he would be deadly imo. And he could play up front in a 442. Imagine if we could line up like this...

-------------------Cruz

Farfan-----------McCarthy--------Bentley

----------Vogel----------Huddlestone

Warnock---Nelsen-----Samba---Emerton

--------------------Freidel

That would solve all of our issues with pace. Huddlestone might not have the work rate to protect the back four I guess. And Cruz would need to be convinced to play as a target man and hustle and not come deep. Yet that would be a seriously attractive side with huge attacking options.

We might be able to sneak in for Farfan as bigger clubs seem distracted away from him. Long shot though.

Hi all,

yeah some of those are good shouts I think Farfan would be a good player but as stated some other bigger clubs are after him would have to get in quick I also see now Roy Keane at Sunderland is getting a warchest follow the link below

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11695_3559799,00.html

I think unless a takeover happens the trustees need to back the manager big time in the summer or else we will get left behindI hope the recent development forward is a good step forward to completing this takeover

Laters all.

bullard was the only player out of garbage down the bottom worth a shout , so thats screwed now! Lita? Why? he's done nothing, good players in crap sides stand out, he was loaned to the championship that says everything! We need a pacy striker but we really need to maintain if not improve the quality, he is going to end up at hull or sunderland or some other dump that can't attract quality no matter how much they've got! And huddlestone has nothing to offer he is no more talented than a squad player tall,young,english = massively over rated!

Its imposible to predict who we'll sign unlike other clubs with silly managers! I can only think of players i'd hate to see arrive i.e Lita, huddlestone, koumas .....sights really need to be higher than this shower and i'm sure thats how hughes must see it!

A player who I've always liked is Pedro Mendes of Portsmouth. He is one of the players that is closest to Tugay in his style of play. Portsmouth are willing to sell him and I would definitely like to see him in a Rovers shirt.

A player who I've always liked is Pedro Mendes of Portsmouth. He is one of the players that is closest to Tugay in his style of play. Portsmouth are willing to sell him and I would definitely like to see him in a Rovers shirt.

Couldn't agree more RoyRover. Thought we missed the boat when he went to Pompy and would be towards the top of my 'wanted' list.

Its imposible to predict who we'll sign unlike other clubs with silly managers! I can only think of players i'd hate to see arrive i.e Lita, huddlestone, koumas .....sights really need to be higher than this shower and i'm sure thats how hughes must see it!

Um it is highly likely we can even afford "that shower". I would imagine the likes of bentley, Samba, Nelsen, Cruz, McCarthy, Warnock et al would have deeply unimpressed you also as being below the required standard.

We simply cannot afford the finished article. We need to buy players who are either unknown, or who have weaknesses we feel we can work on, or who have had massive downturns in form. All of these types of player are unappetising at first look, but that is the market we work in.

I can't see how Koumas can add anything to us I agree, but huddlestone and Lita could be good if we feel we can improve on them - provided they are at the right prices (which they are probably not).

I guessed two of our recent buys: McCarthy and Santa Cruz :rover:

News on Paulo Assunção, from FC Porto:

He was threatened by 4 strangers to sign a new deal with FC Porto. He pressed charges against them.

He is 29 and under the new transfer law, he can be transfered if a club pays the total salary to FC Porto.

I would love to see him and Pedro mendes in our midfield.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Farfan

On the 14th of February 2008 it was reported he wasn't thinking about moving in the summer transfer window, and would let his club agree with another club, which was odd considering no real transfer rumours had been made concerning him. This has led to Premiership clubs West Ham and Blackburn, reportedly registering interest in the young player. Farfan has admitted to being a Blackburn supporter as a boy, listing his idol as Alan Shearer.

Someone here been mucking about on Wikipedia?

Wtf! Farfan a rovers supporter as a boy?mmm,i dont believe thats true.somebody must have added that in.but if its true mind you,then all Hughes needs to do is bid for him,and he wil play for the club he supported as a boy.lol

Archived