BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic Summer Moves

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is taken from the BBC gossip column.

'Blackburn are preparing an £11m raid on Espanyol to sign defender Marc Torrejon and striker Ferran Corominas. (Mirror)'

Can't say that I've ever heard of them and I think that would be our entire transfer budget spent on two players. I'm not sure how accurate this story is and I suppose that is why it is in the gossip column.

This is taken from the BBC gossip column.

'Blackburn are preparing an £11m raid on Espanyol to sign defender Marc Torrejon and striker Ferran Corominas. (Mirror)'

Can't say that I've ever heard of them and I think that would be our entire transfer budget spent on two players. I'm not sure how accurate this story is and I suppose that is why it is in the gossip column.

I just can't see it. Central defence has to be about our strongest area, and that striker Corominas looks awful - 9 goals in 100+ appearences! Their just picking names out of the air.

I still think Hughes would have been there to see Zabaleta - he looks the most likely to fit the bill of what Sparky wants.

I am hoping Moyes lack of interest in Bradley could lead us to getting him on the cheap.

I just can't see it. Central defence has to be about our strongest area, and that striker Corominas looks awful - 9 goals in 100+ appearences! Their just picking names out of the air.

I still think Hughes would have been there to see Zabaleta - he looks the most likely to fit the bill of what Sparky wants.

I am hoping Moyes lack of interest in Bradley could lead us to getting him on the cheap.

Exactly the same thing some people on here were saying about Santa Cruz last summer.

in last season alone he had a public row with jol and jewell over being substituted. shows the player has a attitude problem and we don't need that coming into what appears to be a good dressing room

Bellamy had an attitude problem.

Savage had a type of attitude problem (headupownassitis).

Bentley had an attitude problem, which seems to be coming back.

Attitude shouldn't always put you off, especially when the attitude problem is caused by someone who feels that they aren't getting playing time or aren't valued. If he got regular playing time I don't think he'd be a problem (look at how Mido has got his head down at Boro).

He's played fairly well when he's been fit and he hasn't caused any trouble. I don't think he's an amazing player, but he certainly doesn't appear to have the same attitude problems that he had at Spurs.

He's played fairly well when he's been fit and he hasn't caused any trouble. I don't think he's an amazing player, but he certainly doesn't appear to have the same attitude problems that he had at Spurs.

He's looked slow and over-weight when I've seen him. I admit injuries haven't helped, but he's also not scored in 15 games after netting 2 in 2 when he first went there.

I could see us going for Ghaly as the "second" of two central midfielders, alongside another more glamorous player. Would possibly be very cheap (2m?) depending on competition. Can't see us just going for him on his own - too risky for such a crucial role in the team.

I would be very disappointed if we signed Ghaly. The guy seems to have an attitude problem and think that he is better than he actually is. If he isn't good enough for Spurs and didn't do much for Derby, then I don't see how he will make us any better. I was reading on the BBCs Gossip Column this morning, that Rafa Benetiz is looking to offload Steve Finnan and Alvaro Arbeloa. We are in need of class right back and I think that either of these players would make us better and would be realistic signings.

One player that looks to be leaving Rovers is Andre Ooijer. According to Skysports.com, he will use Euro 2008 as a shop window, as he doesn't want to sit on the bench at Rovers. I understand his frustration. I think that he has been our best defender this season and has played much better than Nelsen has. However, once Nelsen returned from injuries, Ooijer was automatically dropped, no matter how well he had been playing and no matter how poorly Nelsen was playing. Moreover, I think that he would have been a far better option at right back than Steven Reid was. He would be a big loss if he left.

One player that looks to be leaving Rovers is Andre Ooijer. According to Skysports.com, he will use Euro 2008 as a shop window, as he doesn't want to sit on the bench at Rovers. I understand his frustration. I think that he has been our best defender this season and has played much better than Nelsen has. However, once Nelsen returned from injuries, Ooijer was automatically dropped, no matter how well he had been playing and no matter how poorly Nelsen was playing. Moreover, I think that he would have been a far better option at right back than Steven Reid was. He would be a big loss if he left.

Agreed. I have to say, we'd be far weaker at the back without him. I know age isn't on his side, but he still has maybe one or two years left in him. He's by far our most experienced centre-back (especially now that Henchoz has been released). His presence also meant that our supposed reserve pairing (Ooijer and Zurab) were perfectly capable of playing well in the Premiership. Not every team can feel comfortable playing their 3rd and 4th choice like we could.

There were some interesting quotes from Craig Bellamy in his post-match interview here.

"It's been a tough year, not just injury-wise, a lot has gone on off the pitch as well

"I'm 28 and if I really want to attack my career I still know I've got the best couple of years ahead of me."

"This could break me if I approach my rehab in an 'east-osey' sort of way and not come back at the level I wanted to come back at, so I really attacked it and I think it will pay dividends for me over the next couple of years."

Interesting that he mentions 'off the pitch' problems as well as injuries, that possibly indicates he's not too happy at West Ham. If he's looking for a way out, and we still have Hughes in charge, I'd take him back in an instant. I'd imagine he might welcome the move as well, Hughes proved he can get the best out of him whilst most others struggle.

Also, aren't West Ham trying to pay high earners to leave the club? They might be willing to cut their loses on a player who was injured for most of last season and let him go relatively cheaply. A fit Bellamy and Santa Cruz would be lethal. He seems genuinely hungry from those quotes as well, and he always gives his all on the pitch.

Archived