• Pedersen
    • Roberts
    • Santa Cruz
    • Emerton
    • McCarthy

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get a grip people! Never in a million years was that a penalty. Bentley runs into a tottenham player, no penalty and rightly so.

im sorry but i hav to ask if you were watching the game?

bentley knocked the ball past the player and it was a clear obstruction thus should result in a penalty.

Bit much to say that it was "never in a million years" a penalty, but one thing is sure; It's not a blatant penalty. Had it been given against us we'd be livid. The Spurs player moved very little, it's as if Bentley just ran straight into him. Seen them given, seen them not given.

There is no way that Spurs will not score, one name, Robbie Keane.

Will be another draw. 2-2 I fancy Roque to add to his tally and it's time Morten got another goal!

Not sure if Samba should play, he makes me nervous these days.

Actually mum, it's time Morten got left out.

You were right I was wrong. Never argue with a woman :rolleyes:

Disappointing, but let's not overreact. Spurs are a side that have majorly underperformed this season but if you look through their team they comfortably have better players than ours. We didn't play too badly, at times were knocking the ball around quite well.

Does look less and less likely that Europe is on the cards though.

well it wasn't to be. I think we put in a good effort today, but... In any case, missing out on the Intertoto really isn't going to be that tragic IMO. We'll just need a bit more luck in the summer with transfers.

isn't there that talk that john williams has asked for a second intertoto spot for us which means we will start the season in june this time or somethign like that.

i think that this club is desperate for european football and i think we will be in europe next season one way or another, most likely being the normal intertoto spot.

villa may have won today but trust me they will slip up alot come the next few games.

i think we will get something for liverpool or man utd and that will put us right up there...

guys we are still only 2 points away from villa.. chill :P

Its not over yet, though it looks like its out of our hands and we will be relying on Villa to implode over the next few games.

My initial thoughts:

A draw is probably a fair result, first half we gave them far too much time on the ball and didn't press them. Defensively we were all over the place and we should of gone more than a goal down. A bit of magic from Reid? to Bentley got us back into the game.

Second half it was more even, we looked more of a threat and defended a lot better.

I'll have to watch the game again to pick my MOM.

On Vogel, i thought for his first game in 10 months playing in the best league in the world, he was pretty impressive. He kept the ball well, and distributed it well, can't think of many times where he gave the ball away. Its going to take him a few more games to get fully into the style of play in the league, but from what i've seen today he could be a very, very good signing for us.

isn't there that talk that john williams has asked for a second intertoto spot for us which means we will start the season in june this time or somethign like that.

i think that this club is desperate for european football and i think we will be in europe next season one way or another, most likely being the normal intertoto spot.

villa may have won today but trust me they will slip up alot come the next few games.

i think we will get something for liverpool or man utd and that will put us right up there...

guys we are still only 2 points away from villa.. chill :P

If you honestly think with our respective remaining fixtures we're going to overtake Villa you must be living in a dreamworld. They've got Wigan at home, Derby away and Birmingham home out of their last 5 games.

Fat Stan has just text me saying as he heads south he thinks we were lucky to take a point and that Bentley is a cheating $$$$$$$.

For me, the game is evidence of our season petering out a little too early, maybe the long season has taken its toll on a Rover side lacking in creativity today.

A few pointers from my view.

Bentley's foul was not a penalty it was however clear obstruction and Rovers should have had a free kick.

Reid was so ineffective today it beggered belief. Too much back passing and not enough drive.

Warnock had a nightmare first half.

Samba remains as nervous as ever and argued with Oijer first, Emerton second then Reid/Bentley.

Vogel was in and out of the game, but a tidy first game. How Rovers missed a solid midfielder for the middle of the park.

It is my view that Rovers have not given so much possession to a visiting team for a long time, Spurs must have had 60% of the game. THAT shouldnt happen if we are going to progress.

Roberts was ineffective first half and suffered some bad refereeing decisions.

The linesman in our half in the first 45 was awful. From my position in JW Upper Berbatov looked offside. In the second half, he couldnt wait to stick his flag up against Rovers.

The referee was shocking again. Too many inconsistent decisions.

And finally, I learned today why Chimpbonda wears tights. In the Spurs changing room his nickname is LADYBOY !!!!! Now then, please explain what that is all about :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Berbatov wasn't offside.

Yes he was! I was directly in line and he was off by at least a yard. The lino was miles behind play and incompetent all the match. We've been mugged again. :angry:

Archived