BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Interesting Samba Interview

I came across this Samba interview the other day, some interesting stuff in it like his recent form, hardest player to face, hows he's settling in England etc.

What really suprised me was this:

"Left-back Stephen Warnock has just become the team's latest father and the birth of daughter Evie completed the set for the Rovers back four, making it seven new arrivals for the season."

No wonder our backline has looked shaky over the past few months! Restless nights for our whole first choice backline.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

I was discussing this with a fellow rover on the way up to ewood on saturday. I know they get to stay in a hotel the night before most games and get a good nights sleep but it has really got to affect them. Training everyday and then being kept up all night. I think Hughes should impose a baby ban for next season.

are you being real modes or on a wind up?

every working parent on here i would bet has had sleepless nights and gone to work the day after and you just deal with it and got on with it.

Can you imagine if your boss said sorry lads babies are banned we dont want them affecting your work.

every working parent on here i would bet has had sleepless nights and gone to work the day after and you just deal with it and got on with it.

Can you imagine if your boss said sorry lads babies are banned we dont want them affecting your work.

he's clearly taking the pi$$!

Abbey you keep comparing footballers to people in every day jobs and they're just not comparable.

If we have a sleepless night and are 5% below our normal levels no-one is going to notice, but it's damn noticeable at the highest level of professional football.

Abbey you keep comparing footballers to people in every day jobs and they're just not comparable.

If we have a sleepless night and are 5% below our normal levels no-one is going to notice, but it's damn noticeable at the highest level of professional football.

True. Most of us have gone in to work after being out on the raz the night before. We'd be moaning like mad if one of the Rovers players did it.

sorry i repent

FOOTBALLERS ARE NOT NORMAL PEOPLE THEY ARE IMMORTAL AND BETTER THAN EVERY NORMAL ON EARTH ...I BOW DOWN TO THEE OH FOOTBALLER.GODS OF THE GREAT EARTH ,IM SORRY IM NOT WORTHY TO COMPARE YOU TO US LOWLIFES

DO THEY HAVE SOME TO WIPE THEIR ARSE AS WELL.

I'm sorry chuck but if i dont have a good nights sleep and i crash my wagon then its serious if a footballer Doesnt sleep he makes a booboo which in life is more important...letting a goal in or mowing someone down.

Actually, isnt that TV channel upset at that Kuplinsky (spelling?) lass for taking a £3m job then dropping on?

but rubbish for the few months prior to that...

Jury is still out.

And brilliant the few months before that. Its a topsy turvy game.

Whats going on with you krislu and eddie? It used to be that you two were posters who would be all about balance, looking on the bright side, honest assessment. Now you seem to be part fo the "sack the lot of them" brigade.... :(

And brilliant the few months before that. Its a topsy turvy game.

Whats going on with you krislu and eddie? It used to be that you two were posters who would be all about balance, looking on the bright side, honest assessment. Now you seem to be part fo the "sack the lot of them" brigade.... :(

Krislu has never met a player he liked, or felt was good enough for Rovers.

Krislu has never met a player he liked, or felt was good enough for Rovers.

Ok, perhaps I've been a bit on the negative side of things lately. I guess its a combination of watching too many poor performances and not being able of getting my golf-game back to where it should be :glare:

Having said that I think our current side are in a poor shape. The main problem seems to be our lack of strategy and long-term plan. Our attacking play for instance is as random as it is poor, with no clear idea at all. The players most certainly dont know where to move in relation to each other...

Yet, it aint all lost! Hopefully Hughes will use the summer wisely and buy players who fit the system (I hear you "what system?") rather than just buying decent players and hope to make a good team out of them...

As for me not liking any of our players, well thats not far from the truth. I very rarely idolize single players unless they are truly great; the likes of Shearer and Duff comes to mind...

As for me not liking any of our players, well thats not far from the truth. I very rarely idolize single players unless they are truly great; the likes of Shearer and Duff comes to mind...

Speaking of Duff, I just read this Paul Doyle review of his biography, funny stuff: http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/150/28/

Regarding Samba: It is pretty hard not to point a finger at him for some of our poor results over the winter months, but he is still a player with tremendous upside and one who we have under contract for a few (four?) more seasons. While he's looked @#/? at times (much like every other defender we have), he's also looked unbeatable at times (unlike any of our other defenders).

Archived