BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Thank god - Tonge is poor.

Would also be please if JR moved on for a good price. Iv heard that Megson is still interested in him too. Maybe you wana check that one out nicko?

Bolton want Gomis at St.Etienne, but he may be out of their league. So they will start working their way down their lists.

I don't think JR is too high up that list - and he did not get on with Megson before.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cardiff City are keen on Jason Roberts. It's an odd one but it's correct. I don't know how they can afford the fee or the wages, but they could be selling one or two - and they see him as the guy to take them to promotion.

I have a suspicion Roberts may move this window - if the fee is right - which kind of makes a nonsense of the 'we're not looking for a striker' line.

Thanks Alan

Can't honestly see us getting any nore than 2.5 M for oberts.

Given that they're (Cardiff) 40 million in debt, can't see it.

Wish it was true.

That Aaron Ramsey's worth a bit isn't he? They're probably going to let him go.

I would sign him tomorrow. Terrific prospect and wants to do it now.

Man U are talking £5 million plus £5 million in appearances - and he can go back to Cardiff on loan for a year.

However it might not be a done deal. I hear the kid has a mind of his own and will want to talk to other clubs.

I would go all the way to buy him. You would never lose your money. Could be really special.

Will Blackburn be looking for a replacement for Friedel this summer or is Jason Brown going to get a chance?

Certainly not a first-choice replacement...or any word of a need for a new reserve either.

And, on behalf of those who backed Pompey ht-ft yesterday, my thanks to Peter Enckelman.

Certainly not a first-choice replacement...or any word of a need for a new reserve either.

And, on behalf of those who backed Pompey ht-ft yesterday, my thanks to Peter Enckelman.

Nicko,

Can you tell me what ever happened to Kasper Schmeichel?

He was breaking records at the start of the season, now he seems to have vanished. I thought he was a decent keeper.

Cardiff City are keen on Jason Roberts. It's an odd one but it's correct. I don't know how they can afford the fee or the wages, but they could be selling one or two - and they see him as the guy to take them to promotion.

I have a suspicion Roberts may move this window - if the fee is right - which kind of makes a nonsense of the 'we're not looking for a striker' line.

Good - he's like Emile Heskey (and I never thought I'd say these words) but without the finishing. Perhaps we can do a deal for that young Ramsey lad

Nicko,

Can you tell me what ever happened to Kasper Schmeichel?

He was breaking records at the start of the season, now he seems to have vanished. I thought he was a decent keeper.

Weak on crosses, got found out, sent to Coventry on loan - not sure they want to take him permanently.

according to the sunday sun, newcastle are about to beat boro to the signing of arda turan who is a left sided midfield player, and it also suggests that this could mean the end for damien duff at newcastle utd, wouldn't we just all love the duffer to come home. is this something rovers should look at nicko??

Middlesbrough want Milner now don't they? Maybe Villa aren't going for him anymore.

Heard disturbing rumours of Sidwell and Justin Hoyte, wouldn't mind Villa signing either but it's the huge price tag next to both in the newspaper that got me...I read 7m for Sidwell, I was thinking around the 4m mark...surely ######.

Maybe if Villa don't bid for Milner and it's just Boro, Blackburn might make a bid for him. I remember his loan spell for us, don't listen to what Geordies say about him...he's a great player.

according to the sunday sun, newcastle are about to beat boro to the signing of arda turan who is a left sided midfield player, and it also suggests that this could mean the end for damien duff at newcastle utd, wouldn't we just all love the duffer to come home. is this something rovers should look at nicko??

Absolutely not! Duffer hasn`t been anywhere near as good a player since the day he left Rovers sadly.

Personally i would rather remember Duff in his prime at Ewood and leave it at that.

Middlesbrough want Milner now don't they? Maybe Villa aren't going for him anymore.

Heard disturbing rumours of Sidwell and Justin Hoyte, wouldn't mind Villa signing either but it's the huge price tag next to both in the newspaper that got me...I read 7m for Sidwell, I was thinking around the 4m mark...surely ######.

Maybe if Villa don't bid for Milner and it's just Boro, Blackburn might make a bid for him. I remember his loan spell for us, don't listen to what Geordies say about him...he's a great player.

Milner would rather go to Villa...I think he will get the chance.

Sidwell is only going to cost £2 million to help him find a home where he can get £65,000-a-week. Even then there is no rush.

As for Damien Duff. Past tense, unfortunately.

Milner would rather go to Villa...I think he will get the chance.

Sidwell is only going to cost £2 million to help him find a home where he can get £65,000-a-week. Even then there is no rush.

As for Damien Duff. Past tense, unfortunately.

Phew :)

Just checked...Boro not in for him.

Hopefully MON gets in there then, we all know he takes it slow in the market but has to be a bit more speedy this time so we can register them for the Inter Toto and then should get get through the second qualifying UEFA stage..don't wanna go in with our current squad with absolutely no right back.

Was hoping we'd tie up an early deal or two to get the ball rolling but nothing seeming very imminent.

Nicko - as far as you are aware, does Southgate have a decent transfer kitty this summer?

I rememeber a story a month or so ago saying he would have £20 million or so. I know most of the transfer rumours are false at the moment, but they seem to be linked with loads of players.

Nicko - as far as you are aware, does Southgate have a decent transfer kitty this summer?

I rememeber a story a month or so ago saying he would have £20 million or so. I know most of the transfer rumours are false at the moment, but they seem to be linked with loads of players at the moment.

Some but not much. The exit of a couple of big earners might help his budget, but I would say between £10 and £15 million is what he can expect.

Everton WILL have money. Moyes met the cash men at the weekend and will have between £20 and £25 million to invest. He may need it.

Archived