BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Elano can go, Johnson can go for the right price.

Thaksin reckons that the squad isn't good enough and wants most of them out to pay for the Fantasy League players he wants.

Independent today quoting The Sun (now there's a likely combination) that Michael Johnson will be first out, valued at £6m, Liverpool interested. Also Richard Dunne linked with Newcastle, Everton and West Ham and Micah Richards with Man Utd. Silly season well underway.....

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can only get it right if he appoints the correct manager. can't get the correct manager while he wants a yes man. Who in their right mind would go there for long enough to build a decent team with the owner selling players out rom under you and buying new ones to replace them. Will take a long time for City to get it right I feel.

You're absolutely ###### me, right? City are insane if they think they can just let Elano move on! He's good enough for any of the top four. Absolutely insane.

Elano started brilliantly but had a very poor second half of his season.

I don't know what prices are being quoted, and in many ways he is a player more suited to a slower league, but if he was on the cheap Rover might be worth having a look.

Johnson for six fits right into what Nicko has said Rovers are looking at spending for a midfielder at the moment. I am sure if Liverpool are serious though they will force up the price.

Johnson for six fits right into what Nicko has said Rovers are looking at spending for a midfielder at the moment. I am sure if Liverpool are serious though they will force up the price.

Nobody really really knows how much Liverpool will have to spend this summer. If you go off the recent actions of trying to make a swap deal for Barry, asking £10 million for Carson and Crouch for £15 million, it looks like finances may be tight.

If Liverpool do come calling he will probably go to them, though at his age and with his talent he needs to be playing week in week out something i can pretty much guarantee he won't get at Liverpool.

We're all laughing now, but I've got a horrible feeling Frank is going to get it right eventually and turn City into something that we need to be very wary of.

Not with the players he's being linked with he won't...Deco, Ronaldinho etc etc. All seem to me to be players who have agents that have the ear of Sinatra. There is a slight chance he may get it right, but a much bigger chance it will go horribly wrong. I don't know any sensible City fan who isn't dismayed at the present situation. What happens if they fail next season, another clearout? Whatever he thinks he is building it is most definitely built on sand and there surely can be only one outcome.

Gillett and Hick won't talk to each other.

Gillett wants to buy out Hick so he can sell the lot to DIC but somehow failed to file the paperwork in time which would have forced Hick to sell in June (VERY FISHY). I suspect Hick and Gillett have talked enough to know how they are going to screw absolutely everybody and maximise their return on the way out if that is the outcome.

Hick wants to buy out Gillett and fund the new stadium but yesterday he canned a $500m project in Texas citing the current credit situation as the worst in his lifetime.

DIC probably provided some of the funds to the lending institutions that "just happened" to say no to Hick when those American banks went running for capital from foreign Governments late last year.

If the funding of Liverpool is not sorted before October, permisions on the new stadium lapse and £60m of the borrowing which is ear-marked to get the stadium project going will have been lost/wasted. The overall borrowing package will be up for renewal/review sometime soon then as well.

The next time either Hicks or Gillett has any legal right to force the other to do anything is vaguely sometime after the transfer deadline closes.

Hicks want Parry out and is publicly saying "what, you still there?"

Gillett took Parry to interview Rafa's intended successor.

Rafa does not trust Parry does not like Rafa.

Rafa played dumb and offered two bottle tops and a used condom for Gareth Barry letting the world know he has no cash for transfers. It is very revealing that the offer came from Rafa to Mo'N- ordinarilly these things are CEO to CEO or Chairman to Chairman. The ridiculous prices Rafa asked for Carson and Crouch are saying the same thing- Rafa's got no cash to indulge his spendaholism unless he makes it himself.

Stevie G getting itchy feet (and his agent smells a mega payday).

Now tell me how do you start on a major run of transfer spending against that backdrop?

Both Rafa and Parry will have taken legal advice about what they can safely do within the terms of their employment contracts and what they cannot and must not do to avoid breach of contract and even personal liability. So business as usual for the day-to-day trivia and keep spending within their existing cash resources and Board mandates. Given the length of time the Board has all but ceased functioning it is very unlikely there will have been anticipatory resolutions giving explicit permissions to spend on this summer's recruitment passed six months ago.

Nicko any news on who might be after Leroy Lita?

He looked a decent prospect a while back.

Most of the clubs who liked him thought he was over-priced...and his form last season suggests that price will have to drop even more.

Not with the players he's being linked with he won't...Deco, Ronaldinho etc etc. All seem to me to be players who have agents that have the ear of Sinatra. There is a slight chance he may get it right, but a much bigger chance it will go horribly wrong. I don't know any sensible City fan who isn't dismayed at the present situation. What happens if they fail next season, another clearout? Whatever he thinks he is building it is most definitely built on sand and there surely can be only one outcome.

I totally agree - my point is based more out of fear than rationale. I would hate City to overtake us, I've never really liked them. I fear them getting a strong, widely respected manager who would be capable of taking them on and keeping Frank in the background. We'll see I guess.

Michael Johnson and Micah Richards are probably the only two players from their squad we'd look at. Richards will no doubt be wanted by the bigger clubs so I doubt we have any chance in getting him. Johnson however is a real possiblity depending on whether Liverpool seriously want him.

Interesting developments though. (if it turns out to be true)

Michael Johnson and Micah Richards are probably the only two players from their squad we'd look at. Richards will no doubt be wanted by the bigger clubs so I doubt we have any chance in getting him. Johnson however is a real possiblity depending on whether Liverpool seriously want him.

Interesting developments though. (if it turns out to be true)

Johnson is available. Liverpool do not have him as first choice.

Richards is not officially available. But that won't stop Sir Alex from having a go.

And, yes, it's true that most - bar three - of that whole City squad can go.

Somebody had better tell the clubs who have been offered the players that it was all made up... :lol:

Man City and Thaksin threaten to sue everybody. I don't know about the John Wardle saying sorry part of the story. That may/may not be correct.

Yet Chris Ronnie is possible interested in getting involved in this club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a mess and an embarrassment.

Yet Chris Ronnie is possible interested in getting involved in this club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a mess and an embarrassment.

What Man City need is someone to run the club - this new guy Garry Cook - and tell Thaksin what to do.

If he is just there to sell shirts then he is wasting his time.

Shinawatra needs solid advice and not the babbling of agents and hangers-on.

There is potential at City because they have fans, but it doesn't come overnight as the Thai seems to imagine.

As for Chris Ronnie being wanted by Cook, that is another story. Like everyone else he may be attracted by that potential.

Personally - if I had the money his team may be able to put together - I would still want to run Rovers than try to knock some sense into City.

We shall see.

If ronaldo was to go to real madrid, do you think fergie would have a stab at Bentley?

I really can't see how Bentley could fit into the current United side. Having pace is a requirement.

Archived