BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

If ronaldo was to go to real madrid, do you think fergie would have a stab at Bentley?

I think Ronaldo's playful chat is aimed at making sure he is England's first £200,000-a-week footballer.

And, by the way, he would be worth it.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We say that every year though don't we? There will be some shocks along the way as ever, just hope a certain African Chelsea forward might find a new club in a different league and a certain Utd player finally fecks off the Madrid B)

Much prefer to see Shevchenko go, earns so much but yet does nothing, at least Drogba and Ronaldo earn their wages.

On the site Calciomercato (don't know if it's reliable or not), it is reported that Liverpool are ready to offer 10 million € for Albert Riera from Espanol. Fiorentina and Tottenham are also interested.

Could this be one of the players that Hughes wants?

Any truth in this story, nicko?

On the site Calciomercato (don't know if it's reliable or not), it is reported that Liverpool are ready to offer 10 million € for Albert Riera from Espanol. Fiorentina and Tottenham are also interested.

Could this be one of the players that Hughes wants?

Any truth in this story, nicko?

I believe the price mentioned is what Espanyol want...but you would be mad to pay it. If Rovers wanted him they would have to be selling MGP - and I don't think that equation makes much sense.

Just heard that West Brom's Gera has signed for Everton on a free transfer - can anyone confirm if true?

Always rated him.

Everton say 'no' but they could be lying.

Gera is a decent free, but no more. He's a gifted player bit a bit lightweight and has not really made a Premier League impact.

with djbril cisse wanting to come back to premierleague or willing to come back-i hope we put a bid for him..im guessing he would cost in the region of 6million..

he has the pace sometimes we miss upfront, and has a proven goalscoring record..

nicko- when you mentioned you think hughes will look to buy a top central midfielder for 6-7million-im just wondering if you know who?, and are you able to say??

i thought 2 central midfielders were needed in the summer, but with tugay being offered a contract im guessing only one will probably be coming in..

By the way, anyone want to take the mick out of Leeds promotion bet now?

5 to 1 anyone?

Doogie!

Nah I will still take the mick out of your Burnley bet though :rolleyes:

Oooh, bit of a poke in the eye that. I thoroughly enjoyed it :D

That will depend on who the Coyle man signs...he may have to be a magician with the money available.

Cole is going, which is a shame, Harley is off, which makes little difference, Unsworth can stay or go if he wants.

There will have to be a goalkeeper and centre half to start with. I think there should be both within days.

Odd, I've seen reports where your mate is talking of smashing the transfer record at der clarrots

Over 60k a week, is higher than any of your current players and would smash O'Neills tight hold over the wage structure.

When you bought Young he was rated highly but largely an unknown at premiership level, it could have gone either way but he did well last season. You can argue he would be worth about double what you paid now, which easily puts Bentley, who is a different type of player, in the same upper price bracket.

Zarate looks very good from what he has shown at brum.

Theres talk of Barry being offered 70k, you don't know MON's wage structure or plans, he says if the player is worth it he'll pay big wages fro him. Like I said I don't think we'll go for Bentley, nor do I think we need him, just don't think wages would be a problem.

Zarate's had some sub apps for Brum and then the one he started vs us he was appalling, am aware his dribbling makes everyone auto assume hes a brill player, but on the 90mins I saw...he's far from it. I can admit it could have just been a bad game tho, in a 5-1 smashing I doubt he was the only one :D

I just can't imagine Villa being one of the clubs in for Zarate though....am sure Nicko would prob tell me I'm right in thinking that...surely.

Nicko,

Any idea if Nedum Onuoha is available from Man City? I would assume he is not an 'untouchable' there.

Do you know much they would want for him? or if anyone else is interested?

Would be a great signing for us as at right back, big, strong, a fairly quick and a good age at 22.

A poor mans Richards maybe, but I think he'd be perfect for us.

Ta.

Sam Wallace is reporting that Bentley is Liverpool's top target to replace Pennant; any truth in this nicko?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ley-829969.html

It's an old story - it wasn't right then and it isn't right now.

Liverpool have got Valencia at the top of their list because of his pace. His price would also be much less than Bentley's.

I'm not having this 'Liverpool have no money' theory, but I would expect them to sell quite afew players to balance the books.

Pennant would be one, along with Crouch, probably Voronin. Riise and Kewell will go on frees to release some wages and they could maybe have a buyer for Alonso.

Barry is the priority if Alonso goes by the looks of it, but Valencia and not Bentley for the right wing slot. Now if Valencia goes elsewhere they might try for Bentley but the price would have to come down a lot.

Archived