BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hoping Tugay will accept the new contract and i think it could be a great move by Sparky offering him the chance to cut his teeth in a coaching role. A great player with plenty of wisdom to potentially pass on.

Very sceptical on this one, as i am about MaCarthy signing are we beginning to stand still, Hughes has had twelve long months to do his forward planning.

Thats two nil down for now, come these summer months hopefully Rovers can pull it back before the start of the new season.

Very sceptical on this one, as i am about MaCarthy signing are we beginning to stand still, Hughes has had twelve long months to do his forward planning.

Thats two nil down for now, come these summer months hopefully Rovers can pull it back before the start of the new season.

By the sounds of it his contract will be reflecting how many appearances he makes. Its clear injury permitting he won't be playing lots of games, but he would be handy to bring on if we need to break the opposition down, or in the domestic competitions.

I don't think retaining Tugay for another season will impact on Sparky's plans for the summer, its likely we won't find another Tugay but i expect Hughes to be looking to strengthen the midfield considerably.

By the sounds of it his contract will be reflecting how many appearances he makes. Its clear injury permitting he won't be playing lots of games, but he would be handy to bring on if we need to break the opposition down, or in the domestic competitions.

I don't think retaining Tugay for another season will impact on Sparky's plans for the summer, its likely we won't find another Tugay but i expect Hughes to be looking to strengthen the midfield considerably.

We've got to move on its like hanging onto some outdated clothes, Tugay coming on against Brum proved it was all over for him at this level, sad but ties have to be cut as it shows a degree of weakness on behalf of Mark Hughes and the club.

I want to remember the good times about Tugay, for him to carrying will be very sad as i can hear now the moans and groans of the crowd as he fails to impress on the pitch - come on hes past it lets all move on and remember the good times.

No problem in my mind keeping Tugay on providing we have about five central midfielders ahead of him (ie. he is not taken into account when surveying our squad depth). Not a bad option to turn to if we have a major injury crisis and if he has any talent for coaching then getting him on the staff is a great move.

Yaya Toure made available to bids in the region of 10m pounds according to Pep Guardiola.. Would be a decent signing, no idea whether he would be interested in anything outside of London (or the top four for that matter..) though.

For £10m he'd best be the messiah.

Precisely. We keep up his player registration so he can play if we need or want him to. We ease him into a coaching role. We get a pay as you play deal on top of a lower salary. What's bad about that. Most clubs like to keep good ex-players attached to their club. How do you think we got Hughes as manager. It's partly down to the fact that he played for us. Don't think we'd get ourselves to the position where we'd be relying on tugay on a regular basis, and unless Hughes could see a role for him he'd not be keeping him because we all know he can be ruthless whe necessary as when he got rid of tony Parkes very early on in his reign.

They signed Curtis Davies (Davis?) as well.

They haven't signed him yet. Have him on loan with an option to buy, but he has had another massive injury (ruptured achilles tendon) and they are understandably wary about splashing the cash on a crock.

Fair enough keeping him on in a coaching capacity, but as a player, it's time to move on.

I think it might be useful just having him around if the contract reflects some sort of apearance based pay and coaching role. I remember a few years ago when he played with his invisible man for a season, specifically i remember being at elland road and watching him have an absolute stinker and everyone said it was over...they were proved wrong.

They haven't signed him yet. Have him on loan with an option to buy, but he has had another massive injury (ruptured achilles tendon) and they are understandably wary about splashing the cash on a crock.

Davies will sign for Villa. There is a permanent deal in place. The one-year loan is only a stunt used by West Brom to save some tax...they actually make profit and want to delay the sale until a year when they might make a loss.

Davies will sign for Villa. There is a permanent deal in place. The one-year loan is only a stunt used by West Brom to save some tax...they actually make profit and want to delay the sale until a year when they might make a loss.

On sky text it was said that Liverpool may not get their new ground due to money problems with one of the owners - do you have any news on that and could the money problems with one of the owners affect liverpool seriously

On sky text it was said that Liverpool may not get their new ground due to money problems with one of the owners - do you have any news on that and could the money problems with one of the owners affect liverpool seriously

Really don't mean to be rude but I'm not interested in Liverpools money probs. Rovers money issues I am.

Really don't mean to be rude but I'm not interested in Liverpools money probs. Rovers money issues I am.

To be honest, Liverpuddle's money situation cannot help but have a bearing on Rovers' close season activities. Two season's ago their injury situation robbed us of Bellamy.

If they are spending net nil, you can be sure they will feel the squeeze from all the CL wannabes as well as Manchelsarse and will get zilch sympathy/help/co-operation; the opposite in fact. If 'pool need to sell to buy you can be certain nobody will be in a tearing rush to pay them £15m for Crouch. Liverpool effectively out of the market (if true) will mean Barry stays at Villa and effectively two clubs (Villa and Liverpool out of the Bentley hunt).

Let's see if the quarrelling Americans/Spaniard/Scousers are incapable of realising the golden goose is getting battered whilst they prat about.

To be honest, Liverpuddle's money situation cannot help but have a bearing on Rovers' close season activities. Two season's ago their injury situation robbed us of Bellamy.

If they are spending net nil, you can be sure they will feel the squeeze from all the CL wannabes as well as Manchelsarse and will get zilch sympathy/help/co-operation; the opposite in fact. If 'pool need to sell to buy you can be certain nobody will be in a tearing rush to pay them £15m for Crouch. Liverpool effectively out of the market (if true) will mean Barry stays at Villa and effectively two clubs (Villa and Liverpool out of the Bentley hunt).

Let's see if the quarrelling Americans/Spaniard/Scousers are incapable of realising the golden goose is getting battered whilst they prat about.

According to teletext, they want to get £10,000,000 for Carson, who is extrememly unhappy about the fee.

Given his torrid injury record for West Ham this season, ultimately a blessing in disguise?

West Ham look set to land Palermo midfielder Mark Bresciano for £4m. (Daily Mail)

I'd love us to hijack this deal if there is any truth to his being available for just £4m. Great player in my book, goalscoring midfielder who can also play on the left.

West Ham look set to land Palermo midfielder Mark Bresciano for £4m. (Daily Mail)

I'd love us to hijack this deal if there is any truth to his being available for just £4m. Great player in my book, goalscoring midfielder who can also play on the left.

Ive been saying this for the last few season's

I rekon he would be an excellent signing.

I suspect Bresciano's best days are behind him and Curbishley might not be able to spend that money without having slimmed some surplus first.

Not sure if i agree with you on that philipl.

He still has alot to offer. I think he really needs a new challenge.

Would be interesting to see how he would cope in the premiership though

Archived