BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

I WOULD take the lad Carle from Bristol City. Every time I see him he looks full of running and ideas and the ideal type for the Premier. A wee tough guy too. Perfect.

Totally agree with that. Where the hell did he come from anyway, looks like he's got a lot about him.

Completely overshadowed our supposed target Soares anyway.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know shorey plays at left back but does he play right back too?? Apparently Newcastle are offering 2.5mill for him, think he could be worth a punt. Also Stephen Hunt although i believe he would cost more with sunderland bidding a reputed 6 mill in the january window. think they are both good players but im not sure how much they would improve the . wouldnt touch anyone from birmingham or derby with a bargepole!!

Totally agree with that. Where the hell did he come from anyway, looks like he's got a lot about him.

Completely overshadowed our supposed target Soares anyway.

I've watched both legs and thought Ben Watson and Scannell looked good prospects.

That Fonte looked quite good on the ball for a centre-half, particularly when put up front in the first leg.

stephen hunt is like a left wingers robbie savage-plenty of energy but little talent..so for me i wouldnt want him..

shorey is decent-shorey has 9assists this season, for a left back that is really good especially in a struggling team...we have warnock tho..

the only relagated players i would like are bikey and lita-would have to be for resonable prices tho..

I know shorey plays at left back but does he play right back too?? Apparently Newcastle are offering 2.5mill for him, think he could be worth a punt. Also Stephen Hunt although i believe he would cost more with sunderland bidding a reputed 6 mill in the january window. think they are both good players but im not sure how much they would improve the . wouldnt touch anyone from birmingham or derby with a bargepole!!

True. Stephen Hunt would be a good buy (decent player and a fun challenge for those of us trying to come up with player chants) but not at £6m.

With Spurs linked to Bentley for 15 million Pounds, according to one of the papers today, what does everyone think if they offered us Huddlestone and Lennon for Bentley?

Id take it.

No way Juande! If you want him then show us the colour of your money or stay out of the bidding. No time wasters just High rollers only please for a 23 year old England international who is rapidly turning into a big player and looks increasingly like being an influential midfielder in the Fabregas / Liam Brady mould.

We are not playing fantasy football here Bobby G. Swap Bentley for two cast offs from a team that finished well under ourselves and who would want big big money in wages which would p1ss off the rest of the squad?!? You're kidding I hope?

I think we'd be foolish to turn down a Lennon plus Huddlestone plus possibly a bit of cash deal. It would never happen, but we'd have a replacement plus a player we're obviously interested in. We'd add pace, improve the first team and the squad. It would be an almost perfect deal.

As I said though, it would never happen. I did once do a swap deal in FM where I got Lennon plus 2 million for Bentley. That worked out well...

I think we'd be foolish to turn down a Lennon plus Huddlestone plus possibly a bit of cash deal. It would never happen, but we'd have a replacement plus a player we're obviously interested in. We'd add pace, improve the first team and the squad. It would be an almost perfect deal.

As I said though, it would never happen. I did once do a swap deal in FM where I got Lennon plus 2 million for Bentley. That worked out well...

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

where's he improve the first team bit come from? Huddlestone can pass but does not do that much in most games I have seen him in and Lennon can run fast but can't pass. against that we have a guy who can run fast enough with the ball under control to be able to put a telling pass in more times than not and until the last few weeks of the season was working very hard too. A player we know works with our team. A player who has the creativity we need to do better next year. If we let Bentley go for anything other than megabucks i.e. enough to buy more than just adequate players to replace him then I don't see how we improve anything.

Lennon is a pretty talented player. If he puts in some work then you combine his pace with that and you'll have a lethal player.

Huddlestone has great passing ability but does need to become more involved in games. Again, with hard work and within the right system he has a huge amount of potential.

If we sold Bentley and then brought Lennon in I would be very happy (so long as we managed to save a little money to use elsewhere).

That Fonte looked quite good on the ball for a centre-half, particularly when put up front in the first leg.

He is a Benfica player. Have no idea if Crystal Palace have any special offer they can make.

He was brought in as a great prospect and has been on loan to play more.

If he doesn't get in SL Benfica team this year, he might be sold rather cheap.

Lennon is a pretty talented player. If he puts in some work then you combine his pace with that and you'll have a lethal player.

Huddlestone has great passing ability but does need to become more involved in games. Again, with hard work and within the right system he has a huge amount of potential.

If we sold Bentley and then brought Lennon in I would be very happy (so long as we managed to save a little money to use elsewhere).

Thats fine then as long as we'll be able to field 12 players.

Any Information on the small step forward in the takeover, Nicko?

Only that it's small... ;)

Could be more news on this shortly. However I don't know how big their wallets are or what the sale price is.

Once that is established there may be a tale to tell.

There would be one gutted supporter here Eddie.

I'm with Theno, - why do you think that Lennon and Huddlestone are not wanted by Spurs? There's absolutely no end product with Lennon and the rovers fans would soon realise that - and Huddlestone's work rate is lower than Benni's.

When you say "puts in some work", you really mean improves his crossing, don't you?

Not possible I'm afraid, - it's a "technique" - skill, that if he hasn't got right yet, he never will.

where's he improve the first team bit come from? Huddlestone can pass but does not do that much in most games I have seen him in and Lennon can run fast but can't pass. against that we have a guy who can run fast enough with the ball under control to be able to put a telling pass in more times than not and until the last few weeks of the season was working very hard too. A player we know works with our team. A player who has the creativity we need to do better next year. If we let Bentley go for anything other than megabucks i.e. enough to buy more than just adequate players to replace him then I don't see how we improve anything.

As Eddie has so humorously pointed out it isn't that likely to happen.

But as a hypothetical question Lennon and Huddlestone would improve the team. Lennon is fast, we need speed. He is also an excellent player. Whilst Bentley is no doubt extremely talented a lot of his success is down to Hughes and his teams coaching and handling of him. I feel our management could turn Lennon and Huddlestone from two players who have as yet failed to meet their potential to two players who have and Rovers would benefit by having two top performers for the price of one.

On top of that Bentley might not want to stay. Lennon and Huddlestone could, hypothetically, want to come. There are a lot of different factors.

There would be one gutted supporter here Eddie.

I'm with Theno, - why do you think that Lennon and Huddlestone are not wanted by Spurs? There's absolutely no end product with Lennon and the rovers fans would soon realise that - and Huddlestone's work rate is lower than Benni's.

I don't think they are unwanted and I think they are both unrealistic targets for us, I was just commenting on what someone else had said really.

I do stand by my views on Huddlestone and Lennon though.

So much so that he didn't get in Birmingham City's team.

Six starts, eight sub appearances. Four goals.

Well worth £17 million.

And look where they ended up.....I'd be willing to bet money that this lad makes it to the very top or not far off......He's got the lot mate and maybe if Macleish had played him more, he'd have had a bit of a Tevez effect on them.....

Archived