BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And look where they ended up.....I'd be willing to bet money that this lad makes it to the very top or not far off......He's got the lot mate and maybe if Macleish had played him more, he'd have had a bit of a Tevez effect on them.....

Oops my mistake! Well spotted Mark BRFC!

Lennon is a pretty talented player. If he puts in some work then you combine his pace with that and you'll have a lethal player.

Huddlestone has great passing ability but does need to become more involved in games. Again, with hard work and within the right system he has a huge amount of potential.

If we sold Bentley and then brought Lennon in I would be very happy (so long as we managed to save a little money to use elsewhere).

Lennon has been playing professional football for several years now and he has shown no improvement whatsoever when it comes to passing, crossing, finishing.

If you want a headless chicken playing for Rovers then thats your choice. I would be quite frankly disgusted if we got him.

I don't think they are unwanted and I think they are both unrealistic targets for us, I was just commenting on what someone else had said really.

I do stand by my views on Huddlestone and Lennon though.

Theres one major criticism about Lennon Eddie, is that he always goes on the outside of the player, hes become predictable thus hes now having less success now than he was in the beginning as the defenders adapt and learn to cope with him better.

RVR I think disgusted would be a bit strong. If we brought him in as a direct replacement for Bentley then I'd be disgusted. If we brought him in and kept Bentley then that might be different. I know, before anyone starts shouting, that that is not going to happen. there is a reason why clubs such as Liverpool and Spurs are looking at Bentley as a replacement for Lennon and Pennant and that's cos he's better than what they've got and therefore why should we sell him to teams around us. I know it would take a lot to get up there with Liverpool but we need to be moving closer if we have the ambition that people have been saying we should have, and we need to not allow Spurs to get stronger at our expense.

I think we'd be foolish to turn down a Lennon plus Huddlestone plus possibly a bit of cash deal. It would never happen, but we'd have a replacement plus a player we're obviously interested in. We'd add pace, improve the first team and the squad. It would be an almost perfect deal.

As I said though, it would never happen. I did once do a swap deal in FM where I got Lennon plus 2 million for Bentley. That worked out well...

Agreed. With the way Bentley has improved under Hughes and his coaching staff I'd love to see what they could do with Lennon and Huddlestone.

Agreed. With the way Bentley has improved under Hughes and his coaching staff I'd love to see what they could do with Lennon and Huddlestone.

I still don't think Lennon can improve. Some players just have attributes and skills they are good in and some they are rubbish at, a good example is Paul Scholes he can't tackle but the rest of his game is superb.

Lennon is 21 and has spent the 5 years of his career so far playing for Leeds and Spurs. I'm not a fan of either club, but they have decent coaches and playing staff, Leeds are famous for coaching youth talent and Spurs have spent a lot of money on coaching staff and facilities. Surely he would have showed some improvement over this 5 year period? I have a friend who is a Leeds fan and has seen Lennon both at Leeds and Spurs and he reckons he hasn't shown any improvement whatsoever in the 5 years in terms of crossing, passing and finishing.

I'm sorry but i cannot see him ever getting those skills to a decent enough level, even under Hughes.

Bentley is different in that he is extremely technically gifted, Lennon is extremley physically gifted in terms of speed, acceleration etc.

I still don't think Lennon can improve. Some players just have attributes and skills they are good in and some they are rubbish at, a good example is Paul Scholes he can't tackle but the rest of his game is superb.

Lennon is 21 and has spent the 5 years of his career so far playing for Leeds and Spurs. I'm not a fan of either club, but they have decent coaches and playing staff, Leeds are famous for coaching youth talent and Spurs have spent a lot of money on coaching staff and facilities. Surely he would have showed some improvement over this 5 year period? I have a friend who is a Leeds fan and has seen Lennon both at Leeds and Spurs and he reckons he hasn't shown any improvement whatsoever in the 5 years in terms of crossing, passing and finishing.

I'm sorry but i cannot see him ever getting those skills to a decent enough level, even under Hughes.

Bentley is different in that he is extremely technically gifted, Lennon is extremley physically gifted in terms of speed, acceleration etc.

So, essentially, you're saying a 21 year old can't improve?! Ouch.

I understand that he's going to have had access to some top coaching, but the same could be said for David Bentley at L'Arse. I have every faith that Hughes et al could turn him into a very very good winger, especially considering just how bad Bentley was when he got here (even if he has much more natural talent than Lennon). If nothing else he has pace, something this team has been crying out for.

Only that it's small... ;)

Could be more news on this shortly. However I don't know how big their wallets are or what the sale price is.

Once that is established there may be a tale to tell.

Im actually getting tired of all this rumours about who might be taking over the club.Until there is somebody who is really interested,and who comes out and says,that they in discussions will I at least take note.Nicko,if you buying the club,just say so please! lol

So, essentially, you're saying a 21 year old can't improve?! Ouch.

I understand that he's going to have had access to some top coaching, but the same could be said for David Bentley at L'Arse. I have every faith that Hughes et al could turn him into a very very good winger, especially considering just how bad Bentley was when he got here (even if he has much more natural talent than Lennon). If nothing else he has pace, something this team has been crying out for.

I don't think he will ever be a good crosser of the ball, certainly nowhere near to the standard we are getting from Bentley.

Bentley like i said in my previous post has a gift and thats technique. Yes Bentley had coaching and it has made him into the player he is today, but the talent has to be there to be unlocked. The same applies to Lennon with his searing pace, through coaching and training he has unlocked that talent he had in him.

If you want a headless chicken to play for Rovers thats your choice and belief. I would rather have a winger who can put a decent ball into the box than one who loses or fluffs it all the time. From what i've seen Lennon can't improve that side of his game and is an impact player and nothing more.

Found a rumour that Mark Hughes was watching Espaynol's centre back Dani Jarque.

This may be old news & may of been mentioned on here before. If so, ignore.

Can't find the page I was looking at now, was going to add a link.

Tottenham rumoured to be watching him also.

Anyone know anything?

RVR I think disgusted would be a bit strong. If we brought him in as a direct replacement for Bentley then I'd be disgusted. If we brought him in and kept Bentley then that might be different. I know, before anyone starts shouting, that that is not going to happen. there is a reason why clubs such as Liverpool and Spurs are looking at Bentley as a replacement for Lennon and Pennant and that's cos he's better than what they've got and therefore why should we sell him to teams around us. I know it would take a lot to get up there with Liverpool but we need to be moving closer if we have the ambition that people have been saying we should have, and we need to not allow Spurs to get stronger at our expense.

good shout

Found a rumour that Mark Hughes was watching Espaynol's centre back Dani Jarque.

This may be old news & may of been mentioned on here before. If so, ignore.

Can't find the page I was looking at now, was going to add a link.

Tottenham rumoured to be watching him also.

Anyone know anything?

Hughes and Bowen were watching Espanyol but Jarque was not playing.

Seems to be a consensus that it was defensive midfielder Pablo Zabaleta they were looking at.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/prem.htm

is this Bussman keeper any good. Potential replacement for Brad when he retires?

Obviously I have never seen him play but it appears the Rovers staff are very excited by what he is doing so far and there are match reports including breathtaking/miraculous saves by the lad. But I think he was between the sticks when the Academy got tanked for 7.

Nielsen, Bussman and Fielding are apparently all very highly rated keepers.(Although having not seen more than the odd clips from reserve games - as well as Nielsen trying to save Rugby balls, I don't have experiences of my own to base that on). I guess it's a deliberate strategy by the club to make sure we have Brad's successor in place when he does retire. I just pray it works, and that at least one of them can make the step up. Brown hasn't looked half bad either, although if he genuinely was premiership class I expect he'd have been gone by now.

Obviously I have never seen him play but it appears the Rovers staff are very excited by what he is doing so far and there are match reports including breathtaking/miraculous saves by the lad. But I think he was between the sticks when the Academy got tanked for 7.

Honestly i can't see us growing a replacement for Brad, it'll be a case of who we can nick at the time or in the meantime.

Bussman is very highly rated and has been given more chances than the others recently. When a team plays really badly you'll find the keeper normally comes out with a lot of credit as he has had so much to do and gets into a good mindset of pure concentration as it's non stop attack from the opposition.

We will see but they always seem to rate the young keepers very highly then drop them as quickly, especially seeing as most don't mature until mid 20s.

Archived