BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

I suspect Bresciano's best days are behind him and Curbishley might not be able to spend that money without having slimmed some surplus first.

Agree, for me he looks a little rough around the edges maybe good for a season or two but no more than that.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Villa don't offer that kind of cash and would struggle to pay his wages.

He thinks Chelsea want him - I don't think he will be dreaming of Villa somehow.

Why would Villa struggle to pay his wages?

We will offer that kind of cash if O'Neill thinks the player is worth it, I doubt he will believe Bentley to be worth 15m when he bought someone easily as good for 10m just a year and a half ago.

As for Villa being in for Zarate, I can't imagine it...and I hope not.

Interesting that the Big 4 are starting the transfer window with sweats about players staying.

- Man U have not heard the words they would want to from Ronaldo

- Chelsea have big ??? over all their best players

- Arsenal's Hleb is almost gone and Adebayor is dreaming of Barca

- and there's the rubble brothers at Liverpool

Any fan of a Big 4 club wanting stress counselling in these circumstances, we've got plenty of experience of the stress even if the actual loss is thankfully becoming a rarer event.

Interesting that the Big 4 are starting the transfer window with sweats about players staying.

- Man U have not heard the words they would want to from Ronaldo

- Chelsea have big ??? over all their best players

- Arsenal's Hleb is almost gone and Adebayor is dreaming of Barca

- and there's the rubble brothers at Liverpool

Any fan of a Big 4 club wanting stress counselling in these circumstances, we've got plenty of experience of the stress even if the actual loss is thankfully becoming a rarer event.

Sorry, does this not belong in the 'Sports Journo Thread?'

(Ironically started by yourself)

We will offer that kind of cash if O'Neill thinks the player is worth it, I doubt he will believe Bentley to be worth 15m when he bought someone easily as good for 10m just a year and a half ago.

As for Villa being in for Zarate, I can't imagine it...and I hope not.

Over 60k a week, is higher than any of your current players and would smash O'Neills tight hold over the wage structure.

When you bought Young he was rated highly but largely an unknown at premiership level, it could have gone either way but he did well last season. You can argue he would be worth about double what you paid now, which easily puts Bentley, who is a different type of player, in the same upper price bracket.

Zarate looks very good from what he has shown at brum.

Villa don't go the levels that Rovers are currently offering...if they did there would then be a few players looking for a rise.

The reason Bentley is stalling is because he thinks he's going to Chelsea - you don't create this stand-off for Villa with all due respect.

nicko-is it true about man city letting most their squad go???

also any clubs from england interested in deco???

Man City want rid of most of them. I think that club has gone truly mad.

Deco can go and will be hawked around, but the old legs may have gone and the cost of signing him - wages etc - will put most off. So he sounds a cert for Man City... :lol:

nicko-is it true about man city letting most their squad go???

also any clubs from england interested in deco???

Did Nicko say that we might be willing to pay for a bigger money(for us at least) signing for centre midfield? Did we decide who that was?

If all of Man City are up for sale how much would their bigger names cost? The likes of Elano and Petrov etc? Out of our ballpark I'd imagine.

Did Nicko say that we might be willing to pay for a bigger money(for us at least) signing for centre midfield? Did we decide who that was?

If all of Man City are up for sale how much would their bigger names cost? The likes of Elano and Petrov etc? Out of our ballpark I'd imagine.

Elano is available, but he is a five-a-side player. Petrov is NOT available.

Don't ask...there is no logic here.

Just perhaps a lack of the money there is supposed to be.

This could all go horribly wrong.

Will leave it for next season after you bet on them to come up for the second time and fail :rolleyes:

That will depend on who the Coyle man signs...he may have to be a magician with the money available.

Cole is going, which is a shame, Harley is off, which makes little difference, Unsworth can stay or go if he wants.

There will have to be a goalkeeper and centre half to start with. I think there should be both within days.

Imarover? No, iamarover.

You're absolutely ###### me, right? City are insane if they think they can just let Elano move on! He's good enough for any of the top four. Absolutely insane.

I am assuming the lad Johnson isn't on this list of players who can go?

If he is how about a cheeky bid for him, supposed to be a real talent from what i've heard. Though i assume the likes of Liverpool, Everton etc might make a move.

You're absolutely ###### me, right? City are insane if they think they can just let Elano move on! He's good enough for any of the top four. Absolutely insane.

Elano can go, Johnson can go for the right price.

Thaksin reckons that the squad isn't good enough and wants most of them out to pay for the Fantasy League players he wants.

We're all laughing now, but I've got a horrible feeling Frank is going to get it right eventually and turn City into something that we need to be very wary of.

Archived