BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

ps. How can anyone suggest we get centre backs? We have 4 decent ones and much more pressing weaknesses in other areas?

I think we over-estimate the quality of our defence. They are all performing better than their transfer fees suggested they would, no doubt about that. But if you look at our ability to keep clean sheets and defend a lead last season, it suggests we need to look at that area. Not to mention the couple of capitulations, and the amount of penalties we still concede. I think all of our centre-backs would benefit from playing alongside a big, strong PL experienced guy like Dunne.

He's 28 by the way.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of injuries what's with the Rovers thinking of buying Giles Barnes despite the fact he won't play before Sept or Oct that I've just read on Teamtalk?

Linked with him quite strongly before, so could be something in that 'rumour'. Would think a few other clubs would be in for him though...

I would love to see Saha replace Roberts. To me that would be good business if we could get Saha for a little more than we can sell JR for.

''A right lazy b'stard,who most will be glad to see the back of''.....Man utd season ticket holder and work college on Saha.

Giles Barnes story - nonsense, checked with Paul Jewell.

Louis Saha - over-priced, over-paid, not over here.

Richard Dunne - very strong link with Spurs now.

Jason Roberts - interesting little tale in the Sunday People... ;)

Woodgate/Dunne would be pretty formidable and we'd have to worry about them, as might Liverpool.

Reckon Nugent will be leaving Pompey?

I would think they'll make a huge loss on him, he needs to drop back to the championship for an extended run in a team to regain his confidence.

He would be a good buy for a promotion chasing club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/g...ers/7406078.stm

Not sure what the truth is, but I'd be happy with us even paying that much for him, Nelsen's not what he was and Dunne is an excellent solid centre back. Splash the rest of the cash on a good attacking midfielder and that would be fine for me.

Nelson not what he was? Sure he had a bad spell playing injured but I think after that he started to show signs of getting back to his old self

As far as I'm aware this story is not available online; and I'm not in the UK.

Anybody read the story yet?

As far as I'm aware this story is not available online; and I'm not in the UK.

Anybody read the story yet?

Cardiff City are keen on Jason Roberts. It's an odd one but it's correct. I don't know how they can afford the fee or the wages, but they could be selling one or two - and they see him as the guy to take them to promotion.

I have a suspicion Roberts may move this window - if the fee is right - which kind of makes a nonsense of the 'we're not looking for a striker' line.

Cardiff City are keen on Jason Roberts. It's an odd one but it's correct. I don't know how they can afford the fee or the wages, but they could be selling one or two - and they see him as the guy to take them to promotion.

I guess that if they got rid of JFH and Robbie Fowler they'd have a kings ransom to trade with.

Thank god - Tonge is poor.

Would also be please if JR moved on for a good price. Iv heard that Megson is still interested in him too. Maybe you wana check that one out nicko?

Bolton want Gomis at St.Etienne, but he may be out of their league. So they will start working their way down their lists.

I don't think JR is too high up that list - and he did not get on with Megson before.

Archived