BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Nicko,

Any idea if Nedum Onuoha is available from Man City? I would assume he is not an 'untouchable' there.

Do you know much they would want for him? or if anyone else is interested?

Yes, he is. I don't know the price but it would have to be in the £2 million range and not much more.

Onuoha is a big strong boy but he is also a fully paid-up member of the Can't Kick It Straight clan.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's an old story - it wasn't right then and it isn't right now.

Liverpool have got Valencia at the top of their list because of his pace. His price would also be much less than Bentley's.

I'm not having this 'Liverpool have no money' theory, but I would expect them to sell quite afew players to balance the books.

Pennant would be one, along with Crouch, probably Voronin. Riise and Kewell will go on frees to release some wages and they could maybe have a buyer for Alonso.

Barry is the priority if Alonso goes by the looks of it, but Valencia and not Bentley for the right wing slot. Now if Valencia goes elsewhere they might try for Bentley but the price would have to come down a lot.

Pennant and Crouch are the only tempting buys.

Pennant and Crouch are the only tempting buys.

Crouch is OK but his wages are ridiculous and he may have had his day. What's his motivation now after being squeezed out at Liverpool? Playing for England might be a target for him, but unfortunately I think we may have seen the best of him. Genuine big lad, but once the edge comes off your game then you lose a lot.

Pennant will become a good player when they widen and lengthen the pitches to stop him running the ball out of play.

Just read The Independent's story on Bentley.

Pennant can leave...was in the Mirror about six weeks ago. West Ham want him? No they don't, they have little to no money.

Bentley has rejected the contract offer and there's a £15 million price? Must get the Sunday People delivered to their office.

Chelsea and Tottenham may be interested, but he's not sure.

Yes, he is. I don't know the price but it would have to be in the £2 million range and not much more.

Onuoha is a big strong boy but he is also a fully paid-up member of the Can't Kick It Straight clan.

Exactly, like I said, perfect for us!!

Oooh, bit of a poke in the eye that. I thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Odd, I've seen reports where your mate is talking of smashing the transfer record at der clarrots

Not from me you haven't. :mellow:

Oh dear, you slippin nicko? Missin a scoop from where your mate is workin tsk tsk ;)

Clarrots Spend big

Hypothetical question. Ferguson's built a number of teams ... the current one isn't designed around Beckham's strengths ... 'cos he ain't there no more.

So I don't think he'd get into the team ... they don't need him, looking at them.

Hypothetical question. Ferguson's built a number of teams ... the current one isn't designed around Beckham's strengths ... 'cos he ain't there no more.

So I don't think he'd get into the team ... they don't need him, looking at them.

Correct. Beckham needs a proper centre forward to work with. He'd never displace Ronaldo but he might have done a decent job at right back whilst Neville's been out though.

He'd be in the team.

Squad most certainly, but unless they changed their system he wouldn't be starting, which is the same for Bentley. I think Beckham is a very good player and in 2001/2002 he was one of the best around, but how could he be effective the way that they play now? He doesn't have the pace to keep up with some of their attacks and so wouldn't be involved and his main threat, the ability to put great balls into the box, is hardly going to be maximised by Tevez or Rooney.

Gotta disagree. Onuoha is, imo, excellent but has been sidelined by injuries and the emergence of Micah Richards - not to mention foreign signings.

Gotta disagree. Onuoha is, imo, excellent but has been sidelined by injuries and the emergence of Micah Richards - not to mention foreign signings.

Onuoha would not get in the Rovers side at right back or centre half. End of.

I'm sure I read on teletext that he was linked with someone ( WH? ) for £5 million.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/g...ers/7406078.stm

Not sure what the truth is, but I'd be happy with us even paying that much for him, Nelsen's not what he was and Dunne is an excellent solid centre back. Splash the rest of the cash on a good attacking midfielder and that would be fine for me.

Chelsea have a couple of goo dyoung players who won't get a game there. We could look for loans.

Saha has just admitted he will be sold after the CL final. I would be suprised if we didn't have a look at him. As T4E said of we shift out Roberts for £3m and get Saha in for £5m that would be outstanding. It would address some of our left sided issues too.

ps. How can anyone suggest we get centre backs? We have 4 decent ones and much more pressing weaknesses in other areas?

Archived