BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me that suggests strongly he was the one we were looking at. Highly rated, obviously looking to move out, playing that defensive midfield role we need sorting, potentially can play right back too.

Is he the one nicko? I won't tell anybody....

Vogel's got that covered.

nicko..roughly how much cash does mark hughes have to spend??

also any players he might consider letting go??

I think the £10 million figure is about right...but that might include wages.

On the way out? Possibly a few of the fringe guys. Berner, Peter [who might be a free agent], Mokoena, Rigters [possibly on loan or back home]. Moving them out would maybe free up a wage for a real player or a good young one or two.

Later in the window there is bound to be the possibility of a striker going who won't start the next season - and obviously if a big bid comes in there could be others gone.

But over all I'd say the core of the squad will stay. One big capture, maybe a couple of younger ones and a free or loan.

However at this stage it's hard to be certain.

Vogel's got that covered.

I don't think so. He is old ish so not a long term option. Plus we need two holding midifielders on our books as the Axe and Tugay are out the door. Why?

1) What if Vogel gets injured or suspended?

2) What if we want to play 4231? We need two excellent holding players to get the most out of that formation.

3) At present we have 3 attacking central midfielders: Bentley, Dunn, Reid. On top of that McCarthy and Cruz can play a central attacking midfield role in a 4231. So we are well decked out there, even if it could be improved.

For my money a holding player is far more attractive than an attacking one. In an ideal world you would would want someone who could do everything but those sorts of players, if they really exist, are hard to come by.

any ideas whats happening on the Paul Gallagher front? if he's always on loan, then i dont see any point in keeping him, Aston Villa I think had the right idea, i believe they've sold of about 4 of their unwanted academy players for about 15 million this season, yet we are hanging on to someone who we could possibly get a million or 2 for.

I would take Morten ahead of McFadden all of the time...

I'm amazed you feel that way. McFadden would be an excellent signing particularly if we lose Bentley and his trickery on the opposite flank.

I know two Everton fans and both were delighted that they got such a fee for him.

He's a moderately talented boy but performs one game in seven. Totally inconsistent and the Championship is his level.

I'm amazed you feel that way. McFadden would be an excellent signing particularly if we lose Bentley and his trickery on the opposite flank.

Talent but no pace. Back to Scotland next season if he's lucky.

Saddens me to say so, but there it is.

I know two Everton fans and both were delighted that they got such a fee for him.

He's a moderately talented boy but performs one game in seven. Totally inconsistent and the Championship is his level.

I work with an Everton fan as well and he was really chuffed that they got such a good fee for him.

To be honest McFadden isn`t going to be consistent enough for a team with top 5 aspirations,hence why Everton got shot of him.

With our modest budget he's exactly the sort of player we go for.

Inconsistent but undeniably talented. I'd like to see what Hughes could get out of him.

McFadden had said that he'd stick with Big Club if they got relegated.

I realise this doesn't completely rule out a move to a Premier League club, especially one that's closer to Wrexham Scotland ;)

I don't think so. He is old ish so not a long term option. Plus we need two holding midifielders on our books as the Axe and Tugay are out the door. Why?

1) What if Vogel gets injured or suspended?

2) What if we want to play 4231? We need two excellent holding players to get the most out of that formation.

3) At present we have 3 attacking central midfielders: Bentley, Dunn, Reid. On top of that McCarthy and Cruz can play a central attacking midfield role in a 4231. So we are well decked out there, even if it could be improved.

For my money a holding player is far more attractive than an attacking one. In an ideal world you would would want someone who could do everything but those sorts of players, if they really exist, are hard to come by.

Vogel's 31, he's easily got three more years in him. Reid is neither an attacking midfielder or a right back. At a push he's a serviceable holding midfielder, though his passing there would put a team in too much trouble for him to be worth it. Dunn's a decent option off the bench, but nothing more. McCarthy's a striker, he's ineffective when dropping back into midfield.

If Hughes could get hold of a central midfielder who can carry the ball, pick a pass and generally create things for Cruz/McCarthy/Bentley (if he's still here) and Pedersen then we'd be in much better shape than we have been for a while.

We already have Gally, there aren't too different if you ask me.

I actually think Gally will be better, given a chance.

Zarate is wildly-priced and not Birmingham's player. No better than the four current Rovers strikers.

Are you having a laugh?....I think this lad is quality.

So much so that he didn't get in Birmingham City's team.

Six starts, eight sub appearances. Four goals.

Well worth £17 million.

His a good impact player, people see his brilliant dribbling then assume his some sort of wonder player, having seen one of his starts for Birmingham City live at the stadium...can assure you he isn't. He dribbles it well, but he has a lack of vision, it's all about him and to be honest he is a headless chicken a lot of the time.

Hide your advertising hoardings as well...tried to boot ours down when he got subbed cause even Zat Knight could keep him out of the game :D

He's never had a decent run of games in a decent side - closest he's come is his performances for a settled Scotland side, which were outstanding.

I'd be delighted to take a chance on him, at a reduced price from what Brum paid, of course.

Baros was outstanding for the Czechs.

Most of Scotland's team as individuals aren't that great, yet they all perform in those games.

His an average player with decent feet, Everton saw it and cause so many people take international games as gospel, they got 5 and a half m for that.

He's never had a decent run of games in a decent side - closest he's come is his performances for a settled Scotland side, which were outstanding.

I'd be delighted to take a chance on him, at a reduced price from what Brum paid, of course.

Faddy can play but did better on the international scene because the pace is a bit slower than England.

I saw him loads of times for Everton and he came up short.

Shame, because he has ability. Just not great for the Premier League.

Archived