BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Sell Friedel!

If we finish 3 places lower thanks to not having Brad (very concievable when you think of how many extraordinary performances he produced each season), then that pretty much totally negates the £2.5 million we recieved for him.

Aye, that's 3 places lower each year for 3 seasons, and another place or two cos of the extra 25k (?) we'd have had to pay to match what Villa were offering. Not to mention the other wage rises that would have resulted with other players going along to the paymasters saying 'hey, you've just doubled the wages of one of my fellow players, what are you going to do with mine?'. Spin things however you want, my view is it's a risk worth taking the way we've gone - I don't think you can make a strong case for or against.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you notice Brads body language, when he was leaving Villa Park.

What a contrast to his last TV appearance(Inces Pending appointment)

Perhaps some of the posts as to the true reason he left, are his finances in the states.

He sure was one happy bunny. :D

Aye, that's 3 places lower each year for 3 seasons, and another place or two cos of the extra 25k (?) we'd have had to pay to match what Villa were offering. Not to mention the other wage rises that would have resulted with other players going along to the paymasters saying 'hey, you've just doubled the wages of one of my fellow players, what are you going to do with mine?'. Spin things however you want, my view is it's a risk worth taking the way we've gone - I don't think you can make a strong case for or against.

Nope, its 750k per place so its not far off £2.5 million for one season alone.

Plus the loss of a European place/ability to attract better players etc etc.

And at the end of the day you say to the players - you stay at Rovers for the amount of time Friedel has, and provide the sterling service he'd done over the years, and we'll give you that big a wage rise.

Is telling it as it is, tantamount to writing Ince off, - as Blue Phil suggested some people are saying?

IT WAS INCE'S DECISION TO LET FRIEDEL LEAVE FOR ONE OF OUR COMPETITIORS. I'll support Ince as everyone else will do, come season start.

Don't let the blue 'n White specs cloud your judgement of the situation. If Bentley leaves, - who's decision will that be?

Moved this here as instructed.

Den. your logic is way off. Friedel went to the club and said "I want to leave." Rovers ummd and ahhhd then said yes.

If Bentley leaves it will be his decision, not the manager's, as I saw him before Euro 2008 p!ssed up in Spain on camera saying he wants to move on. Why keep someone around who doesn't want to be there, especially when we can get a boat load for him. Who's decision was it in the Gareth Barry saga still to be resolved?

I like the Brad rumour. It makes sense as the credit market here went south, and there's no way he paid for the whole of his soccer school out of his own pocket.

Moved this here as instructed.

Den. your logic is way off. Friedel went to the club and said "I want to leave." Rovers ummd and ahhhd then said yes.

Who exactly hummed and ahhhhd? Ince did.

There's a lot of people kidding themselves, just because he's a new manager. Now some agree with his decision and some don't, but it was HIS decision.

If Ince had said no sorry Brad your going nowhere, Brad would have stayed - no question he is the consumate Professional. Ince decides who stays and who goes, It was and always will be his decision.

You guys who are saying it was Brads decision have to remember that players are Slaves and Slaves do as they are told even the head of FIFA understands this! :lol:

The debate about who decide Brad could leave is fairly moot once Brad put in a transfer request. They could have said no but if Brad has got financial issues (and the comment from Ince is that this was all financial, read into that what you will) and the money was right I think the club has done a decent bit of business.

Don't you find it odd that Villa didn't approach Spuds for Robinson? Having tried to buy Carson, I would have thought Robinson would be at least the next one on the list but no, they have gone for Brad who isn't getting any younger and imo has had his best years. Brad will always be a legend to me but he made some unusual decisions in some matches last year and some complete howlers in some others as well. Not typical of him at all. There is a lot more to his move than is apparent on first viewing...

The debate about who decide Brad could leave is fairly moot once Brad put in a transfer request. They could have said no but if Brad has got financial issues (and the comment from Ince is that this was all financial, read into that what you will) and the money was right I think the club has done a decent bit of business.

Don't you find it odd that Villa didn't approach Spuds for Robinson? Having tried to buy Carson, I would have thought Robinson would be at least the next one on the list but no, they have gone for Brad who isn't getting any younger and imo has had his best years. Brad will always be a legend to me but he made some unusual decisions in some matches last year and some complete howlers in some others as well. Not typical of him at all. There is a lot more to his move than is apparent on first viewing...

Brad was one of the top 3 keepers last year still. Cech made some howlers didn't he?

And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Brad did formally put a transfer request in...

Brad was one of the top 3 keepers last year still. Cech made some howlers didn't he?

And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Brad did formally put a transfer request in...

Why are you writing on here?

You should be writing your love letters to Brad.

Get over it, he us (at the altar) and we have replaced him with a younger model.

Onwards and upwards

Brad was fantastic at times last year but IMO I think it wasn't his best year at Rovers. That's my opinion...

What was this then?

"We`ve had two bids for Brad, despite my insistence to the clubs concerned we didn`t want them. They`ve been rejected." John Williams told the LT.

"When Brad told us he wanted to leave, it was a bolt out of the blue - he had only signed his latest contract back in February, and a replacement keeper has not even been on our radar."

Could this be comparable to the Robbie Keane transfer? He was a loyal servant to Spurs, but Daniel Levy insists the transfer was out of their hands because Keane wanted to go to presumably a bigger club and bigger wages. Player power is prevalent in the game.

Friedel strikes me as a very honest individual, so I don't see him endorsing Ince on camera if he was hiding some past enmity with him. I think with Villa offering such a lucrative contract, Friedel always had one eye on developing his academy project.

Brad was fantastic at times last year but IMO I think it wasn't his best year at Rovers. That's my opinion...

What was this then?

"We`ve had two bids for Brad, despite my insistence to the clubs concerned we didn`t want them. They`ve been rejected." John Williams told the LT.

"When Brad told us he wanted to leave, it was a bolt out of the blue - he had only signed his latest contract back in February, and a replacement keeper has not even been on our radar."

As far as I know a transfer request is a different thing though, it's done in writing etc. We don't know it definitely wasnt done but we didnt hear anything at the time. End of the day, he was under contract and we could have kept him.

And if we're judging by whether they had their best season, how do we judge our new keeper?!

Archived