BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Sell Friedel!

I am a huge Friedel fan, always have been, always will be, but I niggles me just a little bit when I read comments from him saying he has gone to Villa because of the ambition of the club etc etc. IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!

Now if I was in his position I would probably go for the big pay day, and as such have no issues with him leaving. He will get nothing but applause whenever he comes back to Ewood from me, but if Friedel of all people can make a move like this, it just shows how little honesty and love of football is left in the game amongst the professionals, its all about the cash now sadly...

(Of course I understand he has to play the PR game with his new club and fans but it still sucks a bit...cue abuse for speaking against the grain but remember he was/still is a legend to me and is no different from any other pro, just making a point...)

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the man doesnt deserve boos but he certainly doesn't deserve applause when he comes to Ewood either.

We resurrected his career and gave him a chance when he was stuck in the reserves, he paid us back with countless magnificent performances but he left a club he claimed to love for the money, when he was already getting more than enough at Ewood. He also made us find a rush replacement.

To boo him would be awful, and would show a complete disregard for what he's done over the years. But I don't feel he deserves our appreciation on return either.

If I was a football payer I would pay money out of my own back pocket to play for Rovers. Or at least I would accept anything to live on by and continue playing. I would not care if Real Madrid or Milan offered to make me the richest player in the world, I would stay at Rovers as a reserve if I had to. That would be something I would not for anything in the world consider selling out for - because it would not be a job, it would be a dream fulfilled.

But as everyone says I am crazy, so that's just me.

Explain that one.

Simple

Hughes here- Brad happy

Ince here- Brad gone.

You do the maths.

100% believe that there was bad blood between the two of them and Brad has been the loser (Although fortunately Villa have at least meant that the deal is good for Brad). Looks like the same with Warnock. Fantastic. And although we're getting a 28 year old for a 37 year old, we're getting a not very good 28 year old for a superb 37 year old.

Now I'd love Duffer back at Ewood- or rather I would have loved Duffer back if Hughes had been there- I'd have trusted Hughes to get him right. I don't trust the 4th division posse AT ALL. Therefore I'd rather keep Warnock, thank you very much.

There are those here who thought that when there is a disagreement between the manager and player, the manager should always win. Not when he's a truly poor manager. I hope that if this Duff/Warnock thing really has legs that Williams wakes up and realises his mistake and gets a decent manager in before it's too late. Otherwise it's Santa next.

Simple

Hughes here- Brad happy

Ince here- Brad gone.

You do the maths.

100% believe that there was bad blood between the two of them and Brad has been the loser (Although fortunately Villa have at least meant that the deal is good for Brad). Looks like the same with Warnock. Fantastic. And although we're getting a 28 year old for a 37 year old, we're getting a not very good 28 year old for a superb 37 year old.

Now I'd love Duffer back at Ewood- or rather I would have loved Duffer back if Hughes had been there- I'd have trusted Hughes to get him right. I don't trust the 4th division posse AT ALL. Therefore I'd rather keep Warnock, thank you very much.

There are those here who thought that when there is a disagreement between the manager and player, the manager should always win. Not when he's a truly poor manager. I hope that if this Duff/Warnock thing really has legs that Williams wakes up and realises his mistake and gets a decent manager in before it's too late. Otherwise it's Santa next.

wtf?

Did Ince play for Rangers in the past or something?

A 'truely poor manager' Jan.

I'm sorry but you're going to have to somewhat expand. Which part of his managerial career to date has bought you to draw the conclusion that he is a 'truely poor manager?'

Or is this one of your pathetic ''I didn't like him when he was a player so I'll be damned if I don't talk absolute @#/? about him at every opportunity now'' campaigns?

Simple

Hughes here- Brad happy

Ince here- Brad gone.

You do the maths.

Rubbish.

He was given every chance to rejoin Hughes who really wanted him at City.

Brad wanted the Lerner $$$ - end of story.

Simple:

Brad on £25K a week, 2 year deal= happy at Rovers

Brad offered £50K a week, 3 year deal= happy at Villa

It is about the money, nothing else. At the end of the day Brad chose money over playing for Rovers, simple.

A part of me is hurt but I dont want to begrudge him the opportunity of a big final pay day. To blame Ince is stupid beyond belief.

I get the feeling that Brad was happy at Rovers until " Somebody" put the word out we were looking for another goalkeeper . That alerted Hughes and O'Neill that we were prepared to sell. The massive offers came on the back of that, nobody in the whole of football at the end of last season would have predicted what finally happened . The culprit for me is whoever floated the idea that we were looking to replace Brad, I have my suspicions.

Simple

Hughes here- Brad happy

Ince here- Brad gone.

You do the maths.

I would LOVE it, absolutely LOVE IT, if you were proved wrong on this, as I'm sure you will be.

The question is, would you?

he's a truly poor manager.

I too await this statement to be backed up with a logical argument Jan.

I very much doubt he has done enough in the past 4 weeks to completely nullify winning the only two competitions he could realistically win with his club side last year.

Rubbish.

He was given every chance to rejoin Hughes who really wanted him at City.

Brad wanted the Lerner $$$ - end of story.

Tris we all know that without Villa breaking Randy's piggy bank wide open that Brad Friedel was 99% certain to have followed Hughes and his team to Man City, and that he would not have stayed at BRFC under Paul Ince.

I suspect that we'd all like to know the real reason why.

Then why did Friedel come out with a statement saying how Ince would be great for the job before he had even gotten it?

If there was any bad blood as people have called it, it does to a degree, make sense. If they did have a tenuous relationship at Pool, then why not publicly voice your support for Ince prior to his arrival, its shows your prepared to let by-gones be by-gones.

Will cretins stop killing Ince's chances before the season even starts! Coming on here expressing wild statements 'Ince is a poor manager' etc... everyone can have an opinion but jesus such opinions reek of ignorance and suggest a fondbess for your own opinion. Nothing has even happened yet, except we signed a 28 year old keeper with 41 England caps on a 5 year contract...cue the Dark Ages!

How can Jan say you'd trust Hughes to put Duff right? Have you not been present for the spectacular fall from grace of MGP?

It's easy said but on a scale of 1-10 exactly how sure are you?

To be prooved wrong Ince would have to show that he's not a "truly poor manager". Im sure most on here would agree that by definition, Ince keeping us in the Premiership this season would be show him to be above this level.

To be honest, much as I love(d) Brad, anyone looking at the Birmingham match highlights would have serious doubts and a new manager coming in would not be blamed for thinking about his future replacement.

To be honest, much as I love(d) Brad, anyone looking at the Birmingham match highlights would have serious doubts and a new manager coming in would not be blamed for thinking about his future replacement.

That game was only a few weeks after he put in an exceptional performance against United. :o

Archived