BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Sell Friedel!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aploogies if this has been mentioned in the previous 26 pages but the rumours going around Blackburn at this moment in time are that Friedel had made his intentions known that he'd wanted to leave the club on the last day of last season at Brum, dont know if there is any truth in this, but i seem to remember somebody posting that they'd been to a function in London with someone who is closely affiliated to the club and that that person had stated at least six players said that they wanted to leave the club come the end of last season prior to Hughes leaving, i wonder if Friedel was one of those six.

Can anyone confirm this.

At a guess i would of said - Mokoena, Brad, Bentley, Roberts, Ooijer & 1 other.

More likely now that only Brad & Bents want to go, and maybe Mokoena. Roberts & Ooijer look like they will get their chance under ince.

Most fans have realistic expectations...or hopefully at least more realistic than yours.

The term you're looking for jagoff is hopes, not expectations. Jesus child - Read the entire post . My point is that Ince will never be forgiven if he were the reason Brad left. Finishing behind certain other clubs will only exacerbate the situation. And let's wait for the end of the transfer window before we decide who should be finishing ahead of whom, shall we?

Slight exaggeration I think! As much as we all love Brad, if Robinson turns out to be great then it could be the best move Ince will ever make. I personally think Brad might (and I stress might because this is a gut feeling) be on his way down.

I agree with most of that celaeno. But it's all IFS, IFS, IFS. Picking up Robinson (especially as cheaply as we did) was probably the best we could do under the circumstances. But in the meantime, IF it were to come out in a VERIFIABLE MANNER that Ince was the reason Brad bugged out, then Ince will get some grief big time. It would get worse IF we have a bad season while Robinson is stinking up the joint and Brad's playing a series of blinders somewhere else. But I hope you're right and Brad goes to pieces this season while Paul is winning "keeper of the year" honors.

Everybody knows the reason why Brad is leaving.

£7.5m guarranteed by Villa vs £2.5m guarranteed by Rovers.

And yes we would have been mad to have matched Villa when we could get Robinson for a net transfer fee of £0.25m+£0.5m.

Sorry philipl, I think "assumes" is the operable word, not "knows", but I agree it's probably the cash. The part of my message people keep missing apparently is IF!

I agree- too often people miss my "Ifs" at the start of sentences!

I was being more direct on this one because nicko had been reporting the money aspect as fact. Difficult situation for Ince to be in but my gut feel is he made the right jidgement call not offering Brad a competing salary offer and that might have caused upset apart from any other history.

I still think Brad has far too much integrity to have publicly come out pro-Ince three days before the appointment with other candidates still in the frame if Brad wasn't both extremely close with JW and genuinely felt that way about Ince.

Well its now official, Brad is a Villa player!

I'm still gutted we've lost such a good goalie. I am happy to give Robinson some time and see how he does, but I still think Brad would have saved us a number of points again this season, and most likely next.

Mind you, I would rather Villa had him than Citeh!

Brad has just officially completed a move to Villa.

On our (Villa's) official site. Hopefully he'll be as good for us as he was for you guys.

As long as he has a shocked when we play Villa and we finish above them. :-)

As long as he meets that criteria then he can play as well as he wants!!

Would be nice to see him back at the club someday in a coaching capacity, I guess it depends on what he plans on doing with his acadmies in the US.

Brad if it was you that wanted to go........ good luck, you silly silly man.

You can still redeem yourself.

Well I was in denial, now I am gutted. He was my favourite player by far. I really do believe that he loves Rovers, and it wasn't all talk. I would like to see him back at Rovers in the future if he takes up coaching.

I obviously wish him lots of luck and if I think with my head instead of my heart, then I think it could be a good move...in the long term. Not so sure for the short term.

I don't think it's fair to chastise him without knowing the facts first.

I'm not chastising him. I would probably have done the same in his shoes. I do believe though that if Villa offered the same wages as he was on at Rovers he wouldn't have left.

Archived