BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Sell Friedel!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to admit though it leaves you feeling who the hell next through the door....Cruz?.Of all the players first to leave the club this summer Friedels name would probably have been bottom of most peoples lists. :(

I think there would be a huge ****storm if Ince sold Roque. Selling all 3 of our best players would not go down well with the fans at all.

Overall i'm confident that we will keep Roque as i'm sure the board and Ince won't make such a stupid decision.

It astounds me anyone thinks that selling our best players is something Ince wants to do.

Any prize assists are sold at the request of themselves, and once they want out, they go.

Disagree. Players are contracted to the club and if they don't want them to go they should stay.

We on a regular basis recieved interest from other clubs when Hughes was here and he put his foot down. It can be done, you don't have to always give in.

I can recall two mistakes that Friedel made in over 40 games last season. On the other hand, I can think of numerous occasions where he single handedly won us points. All of this about him losing his touch and becoming error prone just isn't true. Friedel is as fit as he was five seasons ago and I wouldn't have thought that composure would be an attribute to decline with age.

That's why it is so painful, SG.

It is painful,I dont want him to go but I'm now at a stage where I am just wanting the speculation to end.Sick to death,ABSOLUTELY sick to ruddy death of reading speculation about our players being 'tabloid sold' to other clubs.

What damage has this lot done to club moral and to season ticket sales? make no mistake this close season has been a disaster for Rovers to date.

If Cruz exits I think harsh words need to be expressed,we all seem to be too apathetic and laid back sometimes as supporters.I hope/pray for good news about Cruz.....I will bide my time with fingers crossed.

I wasn't going as far as to state he was past it, tcj, but sometimes you win by pre-empting situations - not that we want to sell him of course but, similarly to Hughes, it might be a blessing in disguise. I think some of us may have that feeling because last season by his standards was below par IMO.

That's fair enough buddy, it wasn't so much you I was referring to in my post, but you're obviously aware of that.

We all have our own opinions and views on the game and I think where we differ is that you consider last season to be below par for Brad whereas I consider his performances inkeeping with the brilliant level that they have been since he became number one. I guess we'll find out either way next season at Villa, but I'm expecting the same kind of heroics as he performed here, unfortunately :(

Have worried about the impending end of Brad for a couple of years now ... the day his reflexes or eyesight drops by that 5%, he's reduced to a mere mortal.

Around 2.5m looks like good business for Brad, particularly if we can get Robbo at the right price. But that doesn't mean I'm not sad to see him go.

Super Freidel has been the absolute heart and soul of this club in our second stint in the premiership, single handedly keeping us in the league for probably half of those years.

Thanks for everything Brad and I hope you come back one day and call Rovers your club. You're a bloody legend.

The mind boggles.

Just introduce yourself then Jan.

Was thinking more of inroducing him to the bonnet of a car at a high speed when he's on foot. Only if Cruz goes as well as Bentley and our signings end up as Andrews, Fowler and players of that ilk, you inderstand. (And no nonsense about "Fowler was one of the best goal-poachers in the Premiership". The key word in there is WAS. He wasn't even much good for Cardiff recently.)

Have worried about the impending end of Brad for a couple of years now ... the day his reflexes or eyesight drops by that 5%, he's reduced to a mere mortal.

Very much agree.

In fact, I think he'll be relatively poor when that happens (which can't be far off). He's always been bad at coming from crosses, dominating on corners, rushing out of his area etc...so when he loses his Superman one-on-one/shot-stopping abilities there won't be a whole lot left.

I have it on 'good authority' that the reason Friedel is leaving is purely due to his relationship with Ince. This probably won't surprise many people and unfortunately, for those who still aren't convinced, I can't offer any hard evidence for you...but its fairly well known around Brockhall and im sure it will become common knowledge in time.

Archived