BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Sell Friedel!

Super Freidel has been the absolute heart and soul of this club in our second stint in the premiership, single handedly keeping us in the league for probably half of those years.

Thanks for everything Brad and I hope you come back one day and call Rovers your club. You're a bloody legend.

/quote]

Well said ! I dont understand the story behnd this. Was he pushed or did he jump ? I just hope that the club did nothing to encourage him to leave

I dont care if Brad has not left us for the best of reasons. Whatever he has done in this sorry episode, I unconditionally forgive him. Our debt to him is immense. He has always acted with the true dignity and statesmanship, plus been a fantastic goalkeeper and true hero. Must finish now before I run out of superlatives

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing Brad playing for another team will be so difficult. I just love the guy and he represented Blackburn in a way for such a long time.

Seeing Hughes on the touchline at a Man City friendly recently was bad enough.

I am not one of these doom and gloom nay-sayers we find on here all the time, but I am concerned for the club and our immediate future.

This is not a great start to a managerial career and the season hasn't even started yet.

Hope I'm wrong. :unsure:

Seeing Brad playing for another team will be so difficult.

Hope I'm wrong. :unsure:

Well at least we know the tactics for Villa next season, loads of crosses six yards from goal and stick Samba up front....

I have it on 'good authority' that the reason Friedel is leaving is purely due to his relationship with Ince. This probably won't surprise many people and unfortunately, for those who still aren't convinced, I can't offer any hard evidence for you...but its fairly well known around Brockhall and im sure it will become common knowledge in time.

If such information ends up being correct and comes out in a manner that is verifiable then Mr. Ince is about to have the most miserable of seasons with regards to the treatment he can expext from the home supporters at Ewood. He'll be doing ads for earplugs and riot helmets come next summer if we spend most of the season below Villa & Spurs in the table (a reasonable possibility).

He'll be doing ads for earplugs and riot helmets come next summer if we spend most of the season below Villa & Spurs in the table (a reasonable possibility).

Utter rubbish! 2 clubs with bags full of cash more than us - bigger support, and 1 of which finished above us last season, and 1 which is always tipped for 5th place. If we end up near them then we will of had a good season. If we end up infront of both of them, then no doubt it will be a cracking season.

If such information ends up being correct and comes out in a manner that is verifiable then Mr. Ince is about to have the most miserable of seasons with regards to the treatment he can expext from the home supporters at Ewood. He'll be doing ads for earplugs and riot helmets come next summer if we spend most of the season below Villa & Spurs in the table (a reasonable possibility).

I'm pretty sure Ince has put up with more abuse from various 'supporters' in his career than he'll ever have to endure at Ewood no matter what.

I have it on 'good authority' that the reason Friedel is leaving is purely due to his relationship with Ince. This probably won't surprise many people and unfortunately, for those who still aren't convinced, I can't offer any hard evidence for you...but its fairly well known around Brockhall and im sure it will become common knowledge in time.

so in effect it's John Williams that has shown Freidel the door as he must have been aware of the relationship between them.

From what we have seen so far and never mind interviewing well...... Ince and his team must have come bloody cheap! Just the opposite of my suggestion btw to reward Hughes mightily for success at BRFC both on the field and off it.

:rover: so what was friedal doing going on tv welcoming ince you fool,like drog said jw is responsible if there was any conflict between ince and friedal.posts like this are very negative :brfc:

I'm hoping that all our bids for goalkeepers this summer are rejected so we're forced to keep Brad. He has been a model professional throughout his time at Blackburn. People often criticise the likes of Barton for not setting a good example to young fans but enough credit is given to the other side (e.g. Friedel) who are dream role models. If he goes it will be a terrible summer for us having already lost Hughes and with the future's of Bentley and Santa Cruz still in the balance. If we lost them too I would find optimism very hard to grasp. I'm concerned that seeing such a respected player (and vice-captain) leave the club may spark a mini exodus and with our tight purse strings that could spark the beginning of the end.

So what went wrong, with Brad and Rovers will ever know.

Amongst all the reports, during the last 3 weeks, I am pretty sure I read that Brad would exonerate Ince, for the reason behind him leaving, That may have been one of the daily or other web pages.

I cannot see JW pushing him out, as I am not aware of any history in JW interference with player matters.

IMO, contact was probably by Randy Lerner, in the states, outlining the position, but all off the record, of course.

IMO I hate to say it, and hope I'm wrong. but Money, Money, Money.

Blame Brad for that, I don't, Someone offers more money fro the same job, very hard to refuse, at his time of football life.

20th June.

Evey thing seemed fine.

Think this interview was in the states.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ackburn_Rovers/

22 June,

Ince appointed.

8th July.

Sorensen reveals, Oneil bust up.

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News...britain-locale/

12 July

Friedel is said to be happy at Rovers and has no issue with the new management team – in fact, he was quick to endorse Ince’s appointment several weeks ago.

As above link confers.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...p_Brad_Friedel/

15th July

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...o_keep_Friedel/

!8th July

Brad now wants to leave.

“When Brad told us he wanted to leave, it was a bolt out of the blue – he had only signed his latest contract back in February, and a replacement keeper has not even been on our radar.

“It’s an unwelcome situation for us, and particularly for Paul, who has been concentrating on other targets, as well as assessing our squad and bedding in his new backroom staff.

That prompted Ince to offer Friedel improved terms this week, but the former Liverpool ace has made it clear his heart is set on a move, and Villa is believed to be his preferred destination, with Martin O’Neill keen to wrap up a deal before tonight’s Intertoto Cup deadline.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ackburn_Rovers/

23rd July.

Not the best answer in the world.

When asked about Friedel’s situation, Blackburn Rovers manager Paul Ince, who is flying with the rest of the squad from Germany to Portugal today for the second leg of Rovers’ pre-season tour, said: “The good thing about being away is you don’t see the papers and you don’t hear all the rubbish that is going on back home.

“As far as I’m concerned, I’ve not heard anything and I’m just focusing on the next few days before we play again in Portugal.

“Whatever will be, will be.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...id_for_Friedel/

Bt the time I've finished this lot, Brads probably signed, and Robinsons having his medical.

If you have no hard evidence maybe its best to keep your mouth shut otherwise you could be accused of gossip mongering. (what good authority your mate ?) This does not help Ince or the club. Come back when you have proof.

so in effect it's John Williams that has shown Freidel the door as he must have been aware of the relationship between them.

From what we have seen so far and never mind interviewing well...... Ince and his team must have come bloody cheap! Just the opposite of my suggestion btw to reward Hughes mightily for success at BRFC both on the field and off it.

Exactly. Williams is to blame for this shambles, and he has a lot to answer for. <_<

If you have no hard evidence maybe its best to keep your mouth shut otherwise you could be accused of gossip mongering. (what good authority your mate ?) This does not help Ince or the club. Come back when you have proof.

amen to that

Replacing an on his way down 37YO, with thoughts straying to far off mid-west academies with an on the up and up 28YO full England international about to reach his prime (far younger than Brad 'damaged goods' Friedel was when we signed him) is a great bit of business by JW.

Suggestions that Ince hasn't sounded out all his contacts in the game as to Robinson's ability and true potential are frankly laughable.

One wants to play for Rovers, the other doesn't.

It's a done deal, so time to stop the bleating, get behind the new keeper and close this thread.

To be fair this is a fans messageboard, and like a fans pub, if I am told something that might interest fellow supporters then I don't mind sharing it. I won't get into petty arguments over such like and im not about to head out with a dictaphone for your benefit.

I'm sure others on here are aware of the friction between the two, which is also the most obvious explanation to leave in such bizarre circumstances having never shown any intention in the past.

Time will tell.

If someone had told me 8 years ago (?), here have a keeper for free who will be amongst the top 3 keepers in the league for every season you have him and will be injury free, and then when he gets to 37 sell him for £2m + I would have thought I was dreaming.

The king is dead long live the king. Now lets get Robbo in.

If someone had told me 8 years ago (?), here have a keeper for free who will be amongst the top 3 keepers in the league for every season you have him and will be injury free, and then when he gets to 37 sell him for £2m + I would have thought I was dreaming.

The king is dead long live the king. Now lets get Robbo in.

Amen could nt agree more a great bit of business

Robbo is a good keeper , lost a bit of confidence as Brad had when he joined

Too many moaners , Brad will be like Parkes going under Hughes not too many people maoning about that when we were in Europe and FA cup semis

Christ it's only £2 million, I'd much rather we still had one of the Leagues' top keepers for next season (and possibly the season after).

So sad. Absolutely top 3 keeper in the Premierleague. And now if(when) he going to Villa we have big problem next season.

Before I believe when Brad make new deal, he wants ends him career on Rovers.

Robinson...... :lol: Good thing is he is young and maybe he have many good season left. One interesting goalkeeper is Antti Niemi. He is also top class. And he wants go to out Fulham. But he probably go some bigger club than Rovers in Europe.

Archived